Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Dining: Breakfast is provided, and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. There's a simple, wellpriced minibar in the room, too
- Communal areas: The lovely garden has lots of seating areas
- Internet Access: There's complimentary WiFi throughout
- Swimming Pool: There's a small freeform swimming pool, open 10am-7pm
- Spa Treatments: None, but staff are happy to point you in the direction of local masseurs
- Disabled Access: None
- Pets: Not accepted
When to go?
The cool season (November-February) is best for most
purposes, with daytime temps in the high 20s, and bearably cool
nights. But it's also the busiest. And if you want to go trekking,
the 'swidden burning' in February and March means parched ground,
low visibility and smoke-clouds - not ideal. The waters are also
lowest at this time, so don't plan on any rafting or
waterfall-bathing. Given a free choice, November and December are
the best 2 months; and Chiang Mai is one of the best places to see
the fabulous fireworks-and-float-fest of Loy Krathong, on the night
of November's full moon.
The hot season (March-May) is for the hardy only, though temperatures soar into the mid 30s with high humidity to boot, and the rains can hit quite hard from mid-May, without getting much cooler. Chiang Mai and surrounding towns are great places to experience the water festival, Songkran (mid April). There's also a flower festival on the first weekend in Feb with a procession of floats shaped into animals, chedis and scenes from the Ramayana.
The rainy season (June to October) is an option - average rainfall is about 200mm per month, peaking in August-September, but it all comes down in half an hour a day and you can expect one or two dry days per week. It's usually in the mid to high 20s. There's a 'life-prolonging' Inthakin festival in Chiang Mai in early June, where young men are paraded around on others' shoulders before starting life as monks.
- Walk to restaurants (offsite)
- WIFI internet
- Outdoor pool
- Off street parking
- Airport Transfers