- Dining: No restaurant on the premises; breakfast and afternoon tea are the only meals provided. Private dinner parties can be catered for on request. Takeaways can be ordered
- Communal areas: Guest lounge with sofas and chairs, and a large collection of interesting books and magazines about Malaysia, Penang, historic architecture, travel and dining; a small garden wraps around the main building, colonnaded terrace alongside
- Internet Access: WiFi throughout, a notebook laptop is available on request at reception
- Swimming Pool: An outdoor lap pool (5mx10m) beside the main building surrounded with decking and loungers. Soft pool towels are provided
- Spa Treatments: In-room or pool side massages can be arranged on request. Personal yoga sessions are also available.
- Recreational: An SUV is available to take guests on tours of Georgetown and out to restaurants
- Weddings and Celebrations: Not suitable
- Max. Wedding Guests: 30
- Meetings/Functions: Not suitable
- Disabled Access: Not accessible
- Pets: On request
- Languages Spoken: English
- Parking: On site
- Laundry service
- Dressmakers/tailors can come to your room if you want clothes made up
When to go?
May to October is best. It rains hard from November to January, and February can be unbearably hot. But whenever you come you should expect stifling heat and some rain - this is a tropical island so the monsoon is more or less permanent.
Bring an international driver’s licence, comfortable shoes for walking, and for the tender-skinned a sunhat. Most will want to be here for a minimum of 2 days, but 4 or 5 days will do nicely; much longer and you’ll suffer some kind of syndrome. Or bracket a beach holiday in Langkawi or Phuket with a couple of days each end here.
- Room service
- Lunch by arrangement
- Dinner by arrangement
- Walk to restaurants (offsite)
- Afternoon tea
- Guest lounge
- WIFI internet
- Guest computer
- Outdoor pool
- In room treatments available
- Concierge service
- Pets welcome by arrangement
- Off street parking
- Airport Transfers