Inverness, Marin, California
Families are welcome but note that the cottages are designed for couples and they may feel squashed with additional people, especially if the weather is inclement. However, we stayed with a 3 year old and she slept happily on the love seat on the mezzanine floor. Note that if you're using the (very comfy) pull out sofa, it takes up all the room in the living room so you'll need to put it away every day.
- Best for: Children (4-12 years)
- Family friendly accommodation: All cottages have a fold-out sofabed, which can take an additional 2 people. Beach and Birch are probably the best cottages to choose for families.
- Kids Activities on site: Private beach on property
- Kids Activities nearby: Plenty for kids to do in the area including kayaking, birding, playing on the beach, beach-combing, sailing and whale watching in season
- Families Should Know: The mezzanine floor has banisters; keep an eye on toddlers who want to look down into the living room