Romantic, tranquil and stylish gem surrounded by beautiful gardens in the heart of the Palmeraie
Just a short taxi ride away from the hustling Medina and its souks
lies Dar Zemora, a lovely country villa surrounded by orange and
lemon trees, palms, roses, oleander and bourgainvillea. As you
enter the drive lined by olive trees and flickering lanterns at
night, you instantly feel the mayhem of the city drift away.
At Dar Zemora the English owners have created a discreet country-house style hotel, which allows you to be as social or as private as you want. Relax in one of the 2 large sitting rooms, chill out in the ‘Fan’ room with its swaying drapes, floor cushions and low tables, browse through the coffee table and guide books in the library, or just idle the day away by the pool in the wonderful gardens that have been created to excite the senses.
This is the perfect retreat for those who have been to Marrakech before, or those who just want to dip in and out of the Medina's frenzied madness.
Reviewed by Laila Ram
- Staff are friendly, helpful and will look after your every need
- Little details like the free bottled water, iPods, scented candles and flowers make this place feel really special
- The wonderful hamman is open for pampering and pummeling
- Oasis of peace and tranquillity after a busy day sightseeing or shopping
- Lovely 3-acre garden and heated swimming pool
- Luxurious light-filled suites with fireplaces and large private terraces
- Nearer to the Medina than most Palmeraie hotels but still requires a petit taxi to get around
- Villa unsuitable for very young children
- No televisions (a plus for some) but portable DVD players can be borrowed from reception
- Lunch and dinner usually require advance notice (traditional Moroccan food can require lengthy preparation)
The perfect choice if you're looking for an indulgent few days away...The Times