Oranjezicht, Cape Town, South Africa
- Dining: No restaurant, but the breakfast buffet is included in the rates and is laid out until 10am. A local eatery is on hand for lunchtime takeaways, and there a various restaurants nearby
- Communal areas: There's a terrace and a fabulous lounge with comfy sofas and armchairs, books and magazines, and high French windows. The quiet Zen garden is perfect for relaxing and watching the extraordinary hadidas flying from rooftop to rooftop
- Internet Access: WiFi available throughout
- Swimming Pool: There's a solar-heated salt-water pool in the garden
- Spa Treatments: There's a massage room on-site (also offering aromatherapy and reflexology); just speak to staff about booking times for treatments
- Recreational: Wine tours and excursions can be arranged
- Weddings and Celebrations: The whole house can be hired for wedding celebrations (enquire for details)
- Meetings/Functions: Not suitable
- Disabled Access: None
- Pets: Not accepted
- Languages Spoken: English, Afrikaans
- Four Rosmead is a real safe haven in a city that can feel challenging. It’s good to get back to its warm embrace after a day in town
Four Rosmead is pro-active on the water conservation front: all grey water is recycled to water the garden, which is landscaped with plants like fynbos that require less irrigation; the salt-water pool is solar-heated and its backwash recycled after treatment, avoiding the use of municipal water.
Staff members are encouraged to continue their education and Four
Rosmead facilitates this by providing interest-free study loans;
remuneration levels at the hotel are above industry standard.
Four Rosmead supports FEEDBACK, which helps the 22% of children in South Africa who experience hunger. The intention of the organisation is to link between people who have excess food and are willing to reach out, and communities where hunger and malnourishment is a way of life. FEEDBACK is committed to community development in South Africa through the redistribution of excess food.
When to go?
Cape Town is wonderful at any time of year and there is masses to do come wind, rain or shine. High summer is from late September through to February, and March is delightful. April to September is referred to as the 'Green' season in the Cape - it sounds better than the rainy season - but days can be as hot as British summertime, without fierce sunshine.
Don’t be afraid to talk about the art on sale at Four Rosmead. There will be a DVD in your room with all the pictures; prices are negotiable.
- Vegetarian menu
- Walk to restaurants (offsite)
- Meal delivery by arrangement
- Guest lounge
- WIFI internet
- Outdoor pool
- Spa treatment rooms
- Off street parking
- Airport Transfers