Milos Island, Cyclades, Greece
What a lovely place for a family to stay - the Windmill itself makes an original and imaginative destination and with the 2 outbuildings as well, it is a great spot for a family do, celebration or multi-generational break, offering everyone a bit of privacy. The maximum occupancy of the Windmill is 5, and each outhouse can sleep 2 (9 in total).
- Best for: Children (4-12 years), Teenagers (over 12 years)
- Family friendly accommodation: If booking individual houses, the Windmill is your best (and only!) option as it can sleep 5; one of its bedrooms can be made up as a twin and has a single sofabed.
- Children's meals: It's self-catering here, with a basic kitchen with oven and fridge but no microwave or dishwasher. You can hire the cooking services of a local cook if you fancy a night off, or head to the many local tavernas, bakeries and pie shops.
- Kids Activities nearby:
- Explore secret beaches, sandy coves, smugglers caves and fishing villages along the coast
- Take to the water in a fishing boat and see the island from the sea
- Visit the ancient site of Melos, where the Venus de Milo was discovered
- Families Should Know: The stairs in the Windmill are steep. The closest hospital is a short hop away by plane in Athens but flights are only twice daily. Bring everything you think you'll need with you.
- Airport: 10 minutes (Milos)
- Ferry: 4 hours from Piraeus by highspeed ferry