Leura, Blue Mountains, Australia
- Dining: Most rooms have kitchen facilities. Breakfast and be ordered for an additional cost, and other meals are available for groups on request
- Communal areas: Set admist pretty landscaped gardens
- Internet Access: WiFi is available throughout
- Swimming Pool: None
- Spa Treatments: The ultimate hot tub - a converted old milk vat that fits 10 people! The hotel can also arrange massages and beauty treatments on request
- Recreational: Oversized outdoor chess set, with giant pieces cleverly made by the owners out of nuts and bolts
- Weddings and Celebrations: Special occasions can be catered for
- Meetings/Functions: You can rent the whole place for business retreats (20-25 people). There is wireless internet access (though the connection isn't very strong), a whiteboard, flipchart, screen and datavideo projector
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not accepted
- Languages Spoken: English, German
When to go?
The Blue Mountains are cooler and wetter than Sydney - typically 5-10 celsius in winter (June-August) and around 20 celsius in summer (December-February). Winter is actually the most popular time, for cosy fireside escapes with the (small) chance of snow - there might be 4 or 5 snowfalls per year, and predominantly on the mountaintops around 1000 metres. In summer it is a welcome relief from Sydney's sticky heat; spring and autumn can have wonderful clear days which suit outdoor pursuits; September is excellent for wild flowers. The Leura Gardens Festival is held annually in October, and the Blackheath Rhododendron festival is held in November. This would be a great place to come with a group to celebrate Christmas.
In need of serious indulgence? Spend a day at Ikou Day Spa in Leura, an eco-sanctuary with a pristine, chemical-free environment which offers a wide range of beauty treatments and therapies.
- Lunch by arrangement
- Dinner by arrangement
- Walk to restaurants (offsite)
- WIFI internet
- In room treatments available
- Jacuzzi/hot tub
- Meeting rooms
- Off street parking
- Airport Transfers