near Arusha, Tanzania
- Dining: All meals are served at Machweo in the semi-open-air dining area. Dinner is a 4-course extravaganza and there is a full wine and champagne list. Dietary requirements can be accommodated; guests should notify the hotel before arrival
- Communal areas: A bar-lounge area by the Machweo pool with a large, flatscreen satellite TV. Onsea has a private pool lounge and a second lounge in the basement, where there's a pool table and a range of Belgian beers on offer. Surrounding gardens are lush and fragrant, with abundant birdlife
- Internet Access: Free WiFi is available on the terrace and a guest laptop is available
- Swimming Pool: A 12.5m private outdoor pool, reserved for Onsea House residents only, and a 9x4m floodlit swimming pool at Machweo
- Spa Treatments:Machweo Wellness has a sauna, a steam bath and Swedish and deep-tissue massages along with hand and feet treatments. Onsea has an open-air Jacuzzi and a chill-out area with soaring valley views. Onsea guests can only use Machweo facilities on request, and vice versa
- Recreational: Free bicycles to borrow
- Weddings and Celebrations: A great location for a small wedding, especially given the fantastic food on offer. Enquire for details
- Meetings/Functions: The poolside bar at Machweo can be used for meeting upon request
- Disabled Access: Onsea House has rooms suitable for disabled use
- Pets: Not accepted
- Languages Spoken: English, French, German, Dutch, Swahili
Onsea supports and contributes to the iThemba Baraa Primary School project. It also encourages guests to visit The School of St Jude, a sponsorship supported school offering primarily vulnerable or orphaned children an education.
When to go?
The only time of year that's best avoided is the season of the 'Long Rains', which tends to last from April through to May and sometimes on into June. There's a second wet period, the 'Short Rains', which generally falls between October and early December. At any other time of year you'll be guaranteed a memorable holiday and safari experience. But remember that at Christmas, Easter and summer holiday time in Europe - July and August - you can expect to see a lot more Europeans in town and will need to book your safari and accommodation well in advance.
Nearly everyone who passes through Onsea House is either heading off on safari, returning from the Parks, or on their way to or from Kili'. This is a blissfully relaxing place to wind up your time in Arusha as well as a safe haven on arrival.
- Room service
- Guest lounge
- WIFI internet
- Guest computer
- Outdoor pool
- Spa treatment rooms
- In room treatments available
- Jacuzzi/hot tub
- Pool table
- Bicycles available
- Wedding license
- Function facilities
- Disabled access
- Off street parking
- Airport Transfers