Ouro Preto, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Dining: Marcia provides a substantial breakfast, plus a light supper of soup, (and occasionally a pasta dish too), all of which is included in your room rate. There's also an honesty bar with a good selection of spirits and other drinks
- Communal areas: Tthere are 2 large sitting rooms filled with books, contemporary art, comfortable sofas and fresh flowers - one has a satellite TV, the other has a piano. The small garden has glorious views of the surrounding mountains
- Internet Access: WiFi is available throughout
- Recreational: Marcia is the most welcoming host and a font of local knowledge, so she can advise on what you should see and which local restaurants to try
- Weddings and Celebrations: Not suitable
- Meetings/Functions: Not suitable
- Disabled Access: None
- Pets: Not accepted
- Languages Spoken: English, Portuguese
When to go?
Ouro Preto has a much cooler climate than the coast - it's pleasant
during the day but cold at night. From November to February you
should expect daily showers with warm temperatures. February is the
warmest month, with average highs of 28C. April to October are
typically drier and cooler. Temperatures in July can drop to
Come at Easter for the processions, in July for the mini Baroque music festival or at the end of November for the 3-day poetry and music festival. Marcia usually stays at the house from November until mid-February and then again from the end of March until the end of July (it's best to avoid March, August, September and October when she's in the UK). If you have a choice, it's better to be there for the weekend when Ouro Preto is at its most lively, or from Tuesday to Thursday. The majority of churches are closed on Mondays.
We'd recommend a stay of 2-3 nights to explore Ouro Preto's museums
and churches - longer if you're here during one of the
Bring warm clothes for the evening and good walking shoes - there are lots of steep cobbled streets. The town's architecture is a photographer's delight, so make sure you have plenty of space on your memory card.
- Walk to restaurants (offsite)
- Guest lounge
- WIFI internet
- Airport Transfers