near Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania
Kids are welcome at Plantation Lodge. They would get good measure
out of the extensive gardens and pool, and there are rooms which
have been designed specifically with families in mind.
Children up to 2 years old stay for free, 2 - 6 year olds are charged 50% of the rate if sharing with parents, 6+ year olds in in own room full pay adult rate.
We've rated it best for kids aged 4 and up largely because the game drives are better if you're quiet and can concentrate...but we know there are exceptions out there.
- Best for: Children (4-12 years)
- Family friendly accommodation: The Zanzibar and Bamboo houses both have a double and twin bedroom; The Plantation House has interconnecting bedrooms, and can sleep up to 5.
- Babysitting: Babysitting is available by arrangement.
- Baby equipment:
- Baby cots
- High chairs
- Children's meals: You may need to request an early dinner for smaller kids or something less extravagant in the evening in general for them; otherwise, breakfast, packed lunches and afternoon tea are all perfectly child-friendly.
- Kids Activities on site:
- Group house with kids facilities
- Swimming pool
- Extensive gardens with great bird watching
- Kids Activities nearby:
- Ngorongoro Crater is 20 minutes away
- Lake Manyara is 30 minutes away
- There are also markets, villages and coffee plantations to visit
- Families Should Know: Kids need to be good at travelling to tackle this kind of safari trip - ideally, you'd stay here for 3 days then move on to another stop. The pool is unfenced and some balconies have wide slats along the rails so aren't ideal for tinies.
- Airport: 190km (Kilimanjaro International Airport)
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited and can sometimes go astray, so if it is crucial to you, please check with the hotel that it is still available