“Tropical self-catering retreat with a lovely infinity pool and spectacular views over the bays of Tong Nai Pan (sleeps 2-8)”
All villas have panoramic views of the sea and surrounding landscape from their beds and private decks. But best of all is the shared saltwater infinity pool, tiled in natural stone and reflecting a traditional sala, a handful of tall, swishing coconut palms, and the clouds beyond.
- The flexible set up means a couple can take 1 mini villa without rattling around (the other 3 are left empty to guarantee your privacy)
- Or it works brilliantly for groups of friends: you can be together without being on top of each other (and fantastic value too)
- We loved the bright, uncluttered, modern design
- The friendly caretaker can help with anything you may need, including a cook on request
- Two gorgeous golden beaches (Tong Nai Pan Yai and Tong Nai Pan Noi) are a 10-minute drive away
- The flipside of the view is a steep hill with lots of stairs
- You'll need motorised transport to get to beaches and restaurants (the owner can recommend trustworthy rentals)
- Supermarkets are a fair drive away in Tong Sala; shop on the way here (although there are small local stores)
- Don’t expect much nightlife; Full Moon parties are on the other side of the island (a high for most!)
- Reservations must be paid in full on booking
Best time to go
Consult the internet if you want to drape your trip around the Full Moon Party.”
Our top tips
- Boutique Retreat
- Villa for 2-8
- Self-catering (restaurants a drive away)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
Each mini villa is brightly and simply decorated, with decent towels and linens. Soap and shampoo are provided, and all except one have outdoor rain showers with a view of the sea. The twin has an indoor shower bathroom instead.
Nearest to the main house is a pair of villas named Cashew, with a shared deck and garden. The left is a double, the right a twin, so they're great for a family. Both have upholstered window seats and chairs outside.
Further up is Mango, after the tree it overlooks. This is in some ways the best villa, with a desk, a big shaded terrace and views over the sea and coconut groves.
All the way up top is a wooden villa named Jungle; your steep climb is rewarded with breathtaking views over both bays, and real seclusion among the sounds of the forest. Check your pockets carefully before you go down; you may not fancy climbing back up for forgotten items.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee tea making
- Cots Available
- English-speaking caretaker
- Full kitchen
- Hob stove
- Pool/beach towels
The kitchen and dining area is in the main house, equipped with all mod cons, including an electric oven, a BBQ and a range of pots and pans.
Stock up on general supplies in Tong Sala's big supermarkets on your way here. Locally you'll find small stores with a limited range of fresh vegetables and meat, some essentials, beer, even mass-market wines. The indispensable 7-11 is on Tong Nai Pan Yai.
If you're feeling lazy, the caretaker can arrange a cook for some or all meals, and a shopping service.
Tong Nai Pan Noi is the better option for restaurants, with everything from relatively fine dining at the big beach resorts to cheap-and-cheerful north-eastern cuisine in a roadside shack, via French, Italian and beachside nondescript. There's a guide in the main house. Further afield there are popular seafood restaurants in Tong Sala, as well as decent noodles and ‘authentic’ Moo Krata barns (the local version of Korean BBQs), which make for an amusing outing.
- Basic condiments
- Chef on request
- Coffee tea making
- Full kitchen
- Hob stove
- Shopping service
- Laze by the infinity pool and gaze at the view
- Both nearby beaches are perfect for swimming almost all year round; you can also take a longtail boat to more secluded beaches. Massage and spa treatments are available on both beaches, as are snorkelling and diving
- Various tours and treks invite you to explore the inland rainforest and waterfalls, including a zipline canopy tour and elephant camp
- Koh Pha Ngan is world-famous for its Full Moon Party, a monstrous seaside extravaganza on Haad Rin beach. A taxi driver can take you and wait for you, or take a regular longtail boat from Yai
- There’s also a Half Moon Party, a Dark Moon Party and a ‘Shiva Moon Party’, whatever that may be... Look out for smaller beach parties on the twin bays: word travels fast
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Plantlife / flora
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
Families are welcome. A baby cot is available and babysitting can be arranged, but there are no extra beds.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
The Cashew villas are side by side, with a shared deck and garden. One is a double, the other a twin, so they are perfect for families
On request (guest must negotiate price)
- A baby cot
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Swimming pool and paddling pool
Kids Activities nearby:
- The beach
- An elephant camp
Families Should Know:
European families happily tumble all over the property, but anxious Anglo-Saxons should bear in mind that it sits on a steep hillside and the pool is unfenced
- Airport: Koh Samui (1.5 hours)
- Shops: 5 minutes' drive
- Hospital: 20 minutes' drive