“Specialist travel operator for innovative Argentine itineraries and bespoke off-the-beaten-track experiences”
With years of experience and impressive local knowledge, this Buenos Aires-based company will ensure you get the very best out of the country without being a slave to the sights. They have used their in-depth expertise to create 5 special itineraries for us, taking care of all the logistics - from internal flights to private transfers, fun-filled activities to English-speaking guides - so you can enjoy a hassle-free holiday. Or, if you prefer, they can help you create your own customised tour, taking into account your time, budget and special interests. Staying at some of i-escape’s favourite hideaways, or similar boutique standard hotels, you'll be well looked after from start to finish, whether you're on a scenic self-drive tour or making memories on a family adventure.
Why we chose this partner
- Owner-managed Anglo-Argentine company with 12 years of experience running trips throughout the country; their regional experts have specialist on-the-ground knowledge and contacts
- Flexible itineraries that cover the classic country highlights with interesting add-ons, as well as bespoke trips
- Excellent both for honeymoons (true once-in-a-lifetime sights with a private driver) and for families (flexible, good value)
- All guides are certified and English-speaking, so nothing gets lost in translation
- Professional service, with prompt same-day replies to email, and 24/7 phone assistance while you're away
Please be aware
- i-escape can only vouch for those properties which are featured and reviewed on our website. For other areas and accommodations, while we do trust our operator to provide the best options for your needs, you should make sure that you are happy with their suggestions before confirming
- You must book a package, including hotels and transfers as the minimum
- If you're on a tight budget, state this when you enquire and they can offer you shared tours/transfers or cheaper hotels
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Distances in Argentina are large but internal flights are cheap as long as they are booked well in advance.
- It's good to know that their featured itineraries include private tours and transfers, so you won't be sharing with others.
From stunning boutique hotels in the heart of the city to working estancias or rustic-chic fincas with a backdrop of snowy peaks, you'll receive a warm welcome wherever you stay. Argentina is one of the few places in the world where you can explore extreme landscapes without compromising on comfort.
We've reviewed several hotels in extensive detail, which you can request their inclusion in your itinerary (if they're not already featured). Or if you'd prefer something else, H&T Argentina will find stylish accommodation to suit your budget and taste.
Food wise, the suggested itineraries include a few meals - generally breakfast at each hotel, plus perhaps a picada on an excursion (cheese and cold cuts), or a traditional asado (barbecue). Otherwise you're free to explore local restaurants; a particular highlight in Buenos Aires, with its glamorous eateries and steak parilla restaurants.
Here are some of the things we loved:
- Horse riding in the foothills of the Andes
- Comparing Malbecs at Mendoza's award-winning wineries
- Tango lessons in Buenos Aires followed by a professional show
- Riding up Salta's cable car with panoramic views over the city
- Rafting and ziplining at the dramatic Cabra Corral Dam
- Staying on an estancia and seeing the gauchos (cowboys) at work
- Taking a boat ride beneath the amazing Iguazu Falls
- Learning to cook a proper empanada
- Hiking in the stunning Glacier National Park from El Chaltén
- Viewing the Perito Moreno Glacier up close - a humbling experience
- Art classes
- Boat trips
- Cooking classes
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Language courses
- Mountain biking
- Museums / galleries
- Plantlife / flora
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Traditional cultures
- Wine tasting
Argentina is great for families, with loads of activities; 8+ year olds will especially love it. Children under 12 will usually be charged a child rate (which varies, according to your itinerary); children over 12 will be charged an adult rate.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)