“A secluded 4-bedroom stone cottage with pool, set on a hillside above Zlatni Rat beach on Brac island - Croatia's windsurfing mecca”
The interiors centre on a large open-plan living room and kitchen area, with double doors opening onto a spacious seaview terrace. From the living room, stairs lead down to the lower floor, where there are 4 ensuite bedrooms (3 kingsize, 1 twin). Behind the house, there's a heated outdoor pool, and a pool house with a second kitchen, barbecue and dining table. Divide your days between lovely beaches and your pool, and be sure to explore authentic local eateries and hillside pathways for hiking and mountain biking. From Bol, boats sail regularly to Jelsa on the neighbouring island of Hvar, which is well worth a day trip.
- Lovely, peaceful south-facing hillside location with sublime sea views
- A covered seaview terrace furnished with sofas, rocking chairs and a dining table for 8
- Families will love the heated pool and spacious grounds
- Brac's south coast offers excellent beaches and outdoor adventures – windsurfing, hiking and mountain biking
- A concierge is on-hand to arrange transfers, activities, shopping deliveries and an in-house chef
- We loved the peacefulness, but you're a bit isolated – it's a 20-minute stroll to the beach and a brisk 25-minute walk to Bol village
- Bol's seafront and Zlatni Rat beach can feel very touristy in peak season
- Getting here requires a bus-ferry-car combo from Split but the destination is worth it. The concierge can arrange a private speedboat transfer if you prefer
- There's a 5-night minimum stay, which rises to 7 nights in July and August. Full pre-payment is due 8 weeks prior to arrival
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villa
- 4 bedrooms
- Self-catering; restaurants a walk away
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Heated Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
- Weekly cleaning
On the lower floor, there are 4 bedrooms – 3 with kingsize beds, and one with a pair of double beds – all decorated in whites, with elegant linen curtains and pretty floral bedcovers. Each has a small tiled ensuite bathroom with a shower, and double doors opening onto a small garden terrace. There's also a laundry room with washing machine and ironing facilities on this level.
On the upper floor, the living room has whitewashed wooden panelling, exposed rafters and a wood-burning stove, and is furnished with 2 big comfy sofas, hot-pink pouffes, and a large TV and iPod dock. Steps lead up to a cosy mezzanine with an additional sofa. There's also a small bathroom with an old-fashioned free-standing bathtub on this floor.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
- Swimming pool
- Tumble dryer
- Underfloor heating
- Washing machine
On arrival you'll find a welcome hamper with provisions for your first breakfast – fruit, milk, coffee, fresh bread, butter and jams. The modern kitchen has everything you might need for a week or 2 of self catering – double sink, oven, hob, coffee machine, fridge/freezer and dishwasher – and there's a dining table for 8 on the covered front terrace.
Up by the pool, there's a stone patio with another table (seating 8), an additional little kitchen and a barbecue. On request, the concierge can buy fresh fish or local lamb for you, and prepare a barbecue.
There are plenty of good restaurants serving Dalmatian seafood (octopus salad, tasty risotto, grilled fish) in Bol, or you could drive into the hills to dine on roast lamb (a Brac specialty!) at one of several agrotourism eateries.
- Chef on request
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Restaurants nearby
- Shopping service
- Spend lazy afternoons on the beach, either at Zlatni Rat or one of the quieter pebbled coves that string the coast
- Try windsurfing – the sea channel offers ideal conditions, making Bol Croatia's top surfing destination. Local providers offer tuition and rental equipment
- Hike or mountain bike to the top of Vidova Gora (780m), the highest peak on the Croatian islands, for fantastic views over the sea to Hvar, with Vis rising on the horizon. The concierge can arrange bike hire
- You can charter a boat for a private sailing trip (with skipper, if required) to explore Brac's coast and other nearby islands. Be sure to dock at Jesla town, Hvar's wine capital!
- Play tennis at Bol tennis centre, home to 26 clay courts; tuition and equipment hire available
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Kite surfing
- Mountain biking
- Plantlife / flora
- Shopping / markets
- Tennis coaching
- Wine tasting
Both the house and grounds are ideal for families. There are 4 bedrooms (3 kingsize, 1 with 2 double beds), all with ensuite shower bathrooms, and there are plenty of separate outdoor spaces so everyone can do their own thing. Older children and teens will love having their own kitchen up by the pool, and they'll also enjoy Bol's beaches and watersports.
Family friendly accommodation:
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
Swimming pool, lounge with TV
Kids Activities nearby:
- Beaches with watersports
- Tennis centre
- Go Ape outfit above Zlatni Rat
- Water park near Zlatni Rat, another to the east of the monastery
- Rent mountain bikes & helmets for the family (delivered to the house)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding for kids over 8
- 585 Club for teens (good DJ line up)
Families Should Know:
The pool is not fenced
- Airport: 30 mins (Brac); 1 hour (Split by speedboat); 3 hours (Split by car & ferry)
- Medical facility: 1km (Bol)
- Shop & Restaurants: 1km (Bol)
The Brac Island Hideaway is located on the outskirts of Bol, a village on the south coast of Brač island, overlooking the sea channel towards the island of Hvar in Croatia.
Most guests fly to Split (24km). There's also a charter airport on Brac itself called Bol (23km), which is only served by a handful of airlines.
From the Airport
From Split, take the airport bus or self-drive to Split’s ferry port, then the ferry to Supetar (Brac's main port) - Jadrolinija offers a regular service. Alternatively ask about speedboat transfers, which take about half the time (1 hour+) but are not cheap. Once on the island, take a bus (60 min) or drive / taxi (40 min) to Bol.
If you'd prefer to hire a car just be aware that many of Brac's pretty harbour towns (such as Bol and Pucisca) are pedestrian-only and parking is a problem in high season. Local buses connect all the main settlements on the island.
By Sea from Italy:
From Ancona in Italy, Jadrolinija and Blue Line operate daily overnight ferries, and from June-September SNAV runs faster catamarans, both into Splir. From there, catch the Jadrolinija ferry (see above) to Supetar.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Split 24.0 km SPU
- Dubrovnik 265.0 km DBV
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km