“Chic venue in Istanbul's art and fashion district with sprawling rooms and suites, a contemporary gallery, and impeccable personal service”
Personalised service? Names of repeat guests will be embroidered on their own set of bed linens. Cutting-edge design? Install a gallery showcasing contemporary art and sponsor important exhibitions. A spa? Make it 800m², with everything from a fitness centre to a traditional Turkish bath. Central location? Of course! But with some rooms facing a Zen garden instead of the street. And, trust us, that’s just the beginning. The Sofa pushes the envelope on almost every level. Expect loads of space in the 82 rooms and suites, A-to-Z luxury, trip-over-ourselves-to-serve-you gusto and a strong chance you’ll rub shoulders with emerging artists at in-house exhibitions. It tries - with amazing success - to be everything to everyone, giving new meaning to your bedside 'Anything, Anytime' button.
- The plum location is in the heart of trendy Nisantasi, a gourmet and nightlife destination which is home to local jetsetters and cognoscenti
- The rooms and suites are extraordinarily spacious (some with kitchenettes and terraces) and there's a separate non-smoking floor
- You'll get fabulous service: free garment pressing, preference-based extras for repeat guests and immediate assistance offered at all times
- There's contemporary art everywhere - watch geometrics on the back wall of the elevator come to life
- There's a generous roof terrace and state-of-the-art business facilities for exhibitions and events
- The minimalism may not suit those looking for traditional Turkish architecture and character; this is one for the style-conscious
- The hotel sets itself such a high bar, even the smallest glitch can seem glaring - e.g. not all staff are proficient in English
- The rooms, especially the street-facing ones, can be noisy; ask for a Tranquility Room or one on a higher floor and bring earplugs
- Breakfast is not included in the rates
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Art Hotel
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Indoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Concierge Service
Sleek lines and simple geometric shapes; blond hardwood floors, marble bathroom counters and brushed chrome fixtures; a woven blanket in soothing sand and chocolate tones; a splash of colour with a pomegranate cushion. These rooms invite you to settle in.
The 45 standard Deluxe Rooms are plenty luxurious, with a kingsize bed, a sofa or easy chairs, a TV, a CD/DVD player, air conditioning, a minibar with large bottles of premium liquors, an internet connection cable, 2 phones and a laptop-sized safe. The elegant ensuite bathrooms have a wet room with a rain shower and L'Occitane toiletries. Small details - an umbrella and a bedside clock showing the date and temperature - are unexpected pleasures. If you crave quiet, book a Tranquility Room facing an interior Japanese garden.
Designed for lengthy stays and special occasions, the suites come in 4 flavours: Terrace, Senior, Executive and Honeymoon. The Terrace Suites have a city-view terrace lined with shrubs and some have kitchenettes. The Senior Suites have a kitchenette, a living room, a bedroom and a dressing room.
The suites-only HIP floor is home to the Executive and Honeymoon Suites. The Executive Suite has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (one with a Jacuzzi tub) and a terrace. The Honeymoon Suite has a round bed, an indoor/outdoor Jacuzzi and an outdoor hammam (traditional Turkish steam bath).
Suites on other floors can connect with a standard room and some rooms can be configured with 2 single beds instead of a king; enquire when booking.
All guests are treated to notepaper inscribed with their name, a courtesy “Is everything OK?” call a day after check-in and twice-daily housekeeping. The bedside 'Anything, Anytime' button covers everything else.
- Air conditioning
- CD player
- Central heating
- Cots Available
- DVD player
- Extra beds
- Internet access
- Safe box
Café Sofa, on the first floor adjacent to reception, lays on an extravagant breakfast buffet from 7 to 10.30am on weekdays, and until 11am on weekends. Choose from Turkish standards (tomatoes, cucumbers, marinated olives, cheeses, fresh and dried fruits, yoghurts, breads, jams and honey), go light with carrot, spinach or pear juice with thin-sliced meats and Melba toast, or indulge with champagne and scrambled eggs, Eggs Florentine or Eggs Benedict. All can be served in your room on request.
Café Sofa also serves lunch and dinner, as well as specialty coffees and cocktails which you can enjoy as you browse through the books in the adjoining Patika bookshop. The international menu ranges from comfort food (Grandma’s chicken and broccoli soup) to international favourites (spaghetti bolognese). Make sure you save room for a complimentary slice of cheesecake afterwards.
Ensuite kitchenettes have a fridge, a microwave, a toaster and a kettle should you wish to rustle up snacks in your room (grocery shops abound in the area). Or, of course, there’s room service: soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts are available around the clock, along with a long list of local and international wines and champagnes, beers, cocktails and spirits.
After dark Nisantasi is a centre for nightlife, with an unending choice of upscale restaurants, brasseries and bars should you wish to eat out.
- Children's meals
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Soak, steam, work out or splurge on a body treatment at the Sanitas Spa. It includes a fitness and cardio centre and offers mental and spiritual pursuits (yoga, relaxation and stress management), as well as massages, steam baths and a range of body treatments
- Browse through photography books, Turkish and English magazines, newspapers, bestselling fiction and reference books at the Patika bookstore attached to Café Sofa
- Shop for art: as well as the hotel’s gallery and sponsored exhibitions, contemporary art venues abound in Nisantasi, along with jewellery and antique shops
- Update your wardrobe - the hotel is steps from international designer boutiques. Have coffee at Armani Café before checking out Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Hugo Boss and the high-end Nisantasi mall
- Let the concierge arrange a tours of Sultanahmet (the city's historic old town), home to the Blue Mosque, the Topkapi Palace and the Aya Sofya (10-15 minutes away). No request is out of reach
- Cruise down the Bosphorus, one of the best ways to see the city; the main docks are within easy distance of the hotel
- Party: Istanbul’s best night spots are close. Try Nardis Jazz Club, Istanbul 360 (a cool rooftop terrace bar) or Babylon (for world music)
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Traditional cultures
- Well being
The hotel welcomes children. Babysitting services can be arranged and cots and extra beds are available. The kitchenettes are convenient for families and the key-card elevators add security, but in truth this is not the ideal environment for children.
Children stay free up to the age of 6. Those aged 6 to 12 are charged at reduced rates.
Family friendly accommodation:
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available
Babysitting is available by arrangement.
Baby cots are available on request.
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
A special children's menu is available.