Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa
- Dining: A cooked and continental breakfast is served daily and is included in the rates. No other meals are served, but there are numerous restaurants within walking distance and there’s a small kitchen area with a microwave for guest use. The kitchen has an honesty bar and guests receive complimentary sherry, port and snacks
- Communal areas: Lounges and library to relax in, as well as a courtyard outside
- Internet Access: There are 2 internet terminals, plus free WiFi throughout
- Swimming Pool: Plunge pool surrounded by cushioned loungers with views of Table Mountain
- Spa Treatments: None
- Recreational: The small library is stocked with travel guides and maps left by past guests to help you plan your adventures. Staff can arrange tours and day trips
- Weddings and Celebrations: Not suitable
- Meetings/Functions: Not suitable
- Disabled Access: None
- Pets: Not accepted
- Languages Spoken: English
- Interesting hand-crafted artefacts, including papier-mâché water buffalo and elephant head lighting made by an Eastern Cape Xhosa tribesman, fertility dolls from Ghana, ostrich eggs painted burnt orange, Ethiopian silver Coptic crosses, Zaire Zongye masks, and Karamajong pipes from Kenya
An African Villa supports St Luke Hospice and Doctors Without Borders.
When to go?
All year round. High summer is from late September until the end of February, and March is delightful. April to September is referred to as the Green Season in the Cape (it sounds better than the rainy season) but days can be as hot as British summer time, without the fierce sunshine.
Owner Louis told us that, having stayed in hotels all over the world, he hated the thought of giving his guests a key and a map and then leaving them to their own devices. He likes to sit down with you upon arrival and give as much information as you need, so pick his brains to make the most of your time in Cape Town.
- Walk to restaurants (offsite)
- Honesty bar
- Guest lounge
- Internet access
- WIFI internet
- Plunge pool
- Airport Transfers