Keen to join the i-escape team?
We have the following vacancies for dynamic travel professionals who share our passion for amazing places to stay.
A. Assistant Rates Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated, numerate, organised and IT-literate Assistant Rates Manager, with experience in hotel or revenue management
and/or back-office reservation systems.
Your job is to help ensure that all rates, offers and room inventory on i-escape are up-to-date and competitive
at all times, across our portfolio of 1,500 handpicked hotels worldwide. A major part of the role is creating and supervising connections between our reservations system and external channel managers (such as Siteminder or Synxis). This requires patience, an acute eye for detail and the ability to push things forward when progress stalls. A secondary part of the role is manually loading hotel rates, checking that these are competitive, and liaising effectively with our hotel partners if there are discrepancies, using both emails and phone calls.
The job is based in our head office in Bristol
, with opportunities to visit hotels and occasional trade shows. You will be part of a small but dynamic team, reporting to the Rates Manager; and also working with our Bookings and Editorial teams. This is a full-time post (9 am - 6 pm Mon-Fri).
To apply, please email your CV, with a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the post, to [email protected]
Interviews will be held in Bristol during November 2016
- Educated to A-level or equivalent, with evidence of excellent numeracy
- Experience in hotel (or other travel) reservation systems, with a working knowledge of revenue management
- Proactive and willing to take responsibility for hotel partnerships
- A clear and persuasive communicator, both written and orally
- Excellent IT skills, including the ability to quickly grasp back-end (content management) systems and global distribution systems
- Motivated and professional approach towards work
- A team player with the ability to use own initiative when required
- Ability to identify priorities effectively, balancing importance, urgency and resources
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to remain calm when working under pressure
- Experience as an account manager or contracts manager is beneficial
- A good commercial awareness
- Other languages are a bonus, especially Spanish
- A love of travel, especially away from mainstream resorts
- Knowledge of Excel
B. Editorial Interns (1 month)
Mad about travel? Love writing? Keen to get experience for a career in web/print journalism or publishing? We’re looking for interns to join the i-escape team for 1-month full-time placements.
Bright – a journalism qualification, English or modern languages degree
Passionate about travel
Good writing skills and attention to detail
Photoshop experience is preferred but not essential.
If this sounds like you, please email a brief cover letter detailing why you’d be perfect for this role, any experience you have, and a short sample of your work (an article/blogpost, whether published or not) to [email protected].
Our offices are in Redland, Bristol, and we are able to pay local travel expenses.