Our team of roving staff and reviewers has hired thousands of cars from dozens of suppliers during our 20+ years of travels - and here are our top tips:
Our favourite car rental broker: Rhino
Reasons we like them:
Things to be aware of:
And 5 quick tips on booking your car rental
1. Check the fuel policy: we think 'full-to-full' is best i.e. you collect it full and return it full.
2. Check if the office is 'on site' (within the airport): it's a bore waiting for the minibus to shuttle you to rental offices
3. Check the excess amount, and the cost of reducing it: it's usually cheaper to buy a separate annual policy to cover the excess with a company like insurance4carhire
4. Check the cost of a child seat (if relevant): it might be cheaper buying a portable booster seat such as the inflatable or the
5. Get a good road map, satnav or app if you're going off the beaten track: car hire companies (surprise surprise) charge over the odds for satnav hire NOTE: While we've made every effort to select the best fit, we cannot guarantee that every provider will meet your price and service expectations. Delivery of all services is the provider's responsibility and not i-escape's. In some cases, i-escape receives commissions for bookings using the links above, but we regularly evaluate our providers and are happy to hear about your experience. While we take no responsibility for the providers' services, your feedback will assist us in our ongoing assessment.