- Home >
Jobs at i-escape
We are always looking for people who share our passion for travel and for amazing places to stay. We want to make i-escape.com the best, and the best-known, web resource for finding and booking boutique hotels and villas around the world.
VacanciesExperienced PHP Developer, Bristol UK
A new role is available within our expanding team for a web developer with strong Object Oriented PHP and MySQL experience. You will be an integral part of the company, responsible for developing our award winning website and pushing it in new directions. This role is a permanent full-time position based in our Bristol office.
You will have:
- strong experience in programming and design for Object Oriented PHP and MySQL
- a 2:1 or better in a computer related degree
- experience in one of the major PHP frameworks such as Symfony, Cake, Zend, Code Igniter, etc
- knowledge of best practises such as unit testing, design patterns and re-factoring
- knowledge of social media development - a good bonus
- a passion for web development
- excellent communication and analytical skills
- an attention to detail and patient in finding bugs
- a hard working and reliable attitude, who does not give up on a problem easily
The i-escape team is growing and we're looking for someone who is bright, keen and motivated to tackle the challenges of modern technological trends in web, mobile and social arenas.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and briefly explain why you are suitable for this role.
Mad about travel? Love writing? Keen to get experience for a career in web/print journalism or publishing? We’re looking for interns to join the i-escape team on a rolling basis from May 2013 onwards, for 1-3 month full-time placements.
- Bright – a journalism qualification, English or modern languages degree
- Passionate about travel
- Good writing skills and attention to detail
- Photoshop experience is preferred but not essential.
If this sounds like you, please email a brief cover letter detailing why you’d be perfect for this role, any experience you have, and a short sample of your work (an article/blogpost, whether published or not) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our offices are in Redland, Bristol, and we are able to pay local travel expenses.