Higgovale, Cape Town, South Africa
One of Cape Town's most stylish small hotels, an ultra-chic townhouse set on the slopes of Table Mountain
Kensington Place is a luxurious boutique hotel set on the slopes of
Table Mountain in one of Cape Town's prime residential areas. Its 8
individually-designed bedrooms are a striking blend of
contemporary European décor and African art and textiles.
Throughout, earthy tones and natural textures have been used
successfully to create an understated elegance.
The central location makes it an ideal base for forays to historical sites, vineyards, nature reserves and beaches. After a day out, return for a dip in the plunge pool. Then retreat to your private terrace to enjoy wonderful views of the city, harbour and mountains and contemplate your dinner venue - trendy Kloof Street is just a stroll away. Exceptionally well run, the service at Kensington Place is professional and personal. Staff will happily offer to run errands or rustle up a midnight sandwich for a hungry guest.
Reviewed by Nikki Tinto
- Waking up in a supremely comfortable bed to watch the sunrise over Table Bay
- The stylish interiors and the friendly, young staff
- The location is handy for some of Cape Town's hippest bars and restaurants
- Breakfast is served all-day and there's room service so you can work to your own schedule
- Apart from soft background music, you'll hear little noise - for some, it could be just too quiet and laid-back
- You will need to book early - it's small and very popular with business travellers
- Only children aged 12 years and over are accepted
Nestled discreetly in leafy Higgovale, Kensington Place is one of Cape Town's ultimate boutique hotels...Lonely Planet