Friendly, family-run hotel with 8 stylish rooms, set on a quiet street in trendy Providencia
‘Live Chile’ is the ethos of the eco-friendly Meridiano
Sur Petit Hotel. The Yávar family have taken a tired old
townhouse on a quiet street on the edge of Providencia and turned
it into a small but perfectly formed bolthole, with 8 light-filled
rooms: uplifting Chilean poetry adorns the walls, plants
and wicker baskets fill the corners, woven textiles add colour.
Jacaranda and silk floss trees shade the communal terrace, and the
breakfast room is sparkling clean.
With its world-class restaurants, hip bars and wealth of fabulous museums, Santiago is a buzzy cosmopolitan city worth exploring, even though its stunning backdrop of snow-topped Andean peaks was hidden in cloud when we visited. Get inspired by flicking through the hotel’s well-selected library of local literature and photography, or ask the helpful English-speaking staff, who will be happy to create a tailored tour of the city of which they’re justly proud.
Reviewed by Glenda Richards
- It’s well-placed for exploring fashionable Providencia and bohemian Bellavista, so you get the best of both worlds
- You’re within minutes of popular bars and restaurants, and walking distance from the Plaza de Armas
- Staff are keen for you to fall in love with Santiago, and will recommend their favourite things to do/see, so you’re instantly on the insider track
- The attractive communal areas include sofas for lounging and a garden terrace
- The hearty vegetarian breakfasts are just the ticket before a day’s sight-seeing
- The rooms are fairly small, but they’re nice and light, and very clean
- There's no restaurant, although some of Santiago's best eateries are close by
- Parking is difficult; we wouldn't recommend bringing a car
A good location and a warm, relaxed atmosphere that reminds people, through subtle details, which city they’re in...El Mercurio Newspaper