“A smart beachfront retreat for couples and families, with 31 stylish rooms, a watersports centre, kids' clubs and three swimming pools”
Situated in Corfu’s northeastern tip, at one end of a long, crescent-shaped beach, it gazes over shimmering sapphire-blue sea towards Albania. The 31 rooms are slick and tasteful, scattered across a rugged slope that rises from the beach. And the higher up you go, the more secluded it gets; rooms at the top even get their own private pool and bar. Adults will love the tranquillity and easy beach appeal; children will love the watersports and activities on offer at the kids' club. Lap up the sunshine during the day, paddleboard along the coast or charter a boat to discover northern Corfu’s hidden beaches, then return for a sundowner cocktail and totter over to a beachfront taverna for fresh seafood. Summer holiday sorted.
- Tasteful and very stylish rooms, each with a private terrace and many with sea views
- The setting: in one of Corfu’s most sought after locations and at the back of a long beach with tavernas and a watersports centre
- Brilliant for families, with family suites, a kids' club during school summer holidays and a children’s pool; kids even get a rash vest (complimentary when booking through i-escape)
- The friendly and warm staff – there’s a concierge service run by English-speaking locals who go out of their way to ensure you get the most out of your trip
- The food at the beach tavernas is delicious and their location couldn’t be more convenient for Bella Mare guests
- Breakfast takes places in the lobby and most tables are indoors, which seems a real shame when there’s so much outside space
- Because the hotel is fairly new, some areas look a little unfinished, and the plants haven’t yet grown so grounds look a little barren
- The beach isn't sandy, but the watersports are a real plus
- You’ll probably need a car to explore, though Kassiopi, the nearest town, is walkable (35 minutes)
- Baby bedding
- Night lights
- Baby baths
- Baby monitors
- Bottle warming
Some equipment may need to be requested in advance
Nanny service available
The complimentary Beach Life (5-11) club operates five days a week during the six week summer school holidays, and offer activities such as crafts, T-shirt making, scavenger hunts, mocktail making, skittles/giant Jenga games, table tennis and movie nights. Book your sessions on arrival
Head out for family-friendly tavernas, such as Cavo Barbaro and Avlaki Seafood; there are plenty to choose from in Kassiopi
- Kids DVDs
- Kids books/toys
- Swimming pool
- Table tennis
- Watersports centre
- Sandy beaches
- Horse riding
- Boat trips
- Boutique Hotel
- Breakfast + walk to restaurants
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Creche / Kids Club
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Concierge Service
The 31 rooms are spread across three buildings on a slope overlooking the sea. All are spacious and have smart, contemporary interiors: pastel-coloured walls, wicker rugs and lamps, wooden chests and little stools with crooked legs. Every room has a private terrace and most have sea views.
If you’re bringing the children, there are three categories of Family Suite - each sleeps four people and has a kitchenette for whipping up quick meals. The Junior Suites and Suites can also accommodate children on their sofabeds.
The brand new Exclusive rooms are ideal for couples. They are set further up the hill away from the main reception area and have their own private swimming pool and bar to share. Note that it’s a bit of a climb up to these rooms - lots of steps!
Bathrooms come with rain showers and Apivita toiletries. Our Exclusive Family Suite also had an extra shower and toilet cleverly built into its hall area – very convenient if there are four of you.
- Air conditioning
- Safe box
Breakfast takes place in the lobby and conservatory overlooking the gardens, pool and sea. The help-yourself spread has an array of fruit, creamy Greek yoghurt, local honey, fresh pastries, breads, cooked options, and tea and Nespresso coffee.
For other meals, the poolside bar offers light bites during the day, as well as fresh juices, smoothies and cocktails. You’ll need to head out for dinner in the evenings; most people simply stroll down to the tavernas at the back of Avlaki beach (100 metres from the hotel). We chose a seafront table at Kavo Barbaro and tucked into the most delicious seafood spaghetti with juicy prawns, mussels and clams, washed down with a glass of local white wine.
Further afield, the nearby town of Kassiopi has lots of great restaurants: Old School and Trilogia are highly recommended for modern Greek fare, while Tavernaki is loved for its gorgeous setting overlooking the harbour.
- Children's meals
- Lunch by arrangement
- Restaurants nearby
- Charter a boat and explore Corfu's northern coast - there are lots of hidden coves and snorkelling spots
- Drive over to Corfu's west coast to spend the day on sandy beaches - great for kids
- Visit Albania - private day tours can be arranged via the hotel
- Drive to Old Perithia, where locals use to hide from pirates in the 16th Century. The area is great for walking - especially in spring when the wildflowers are in full bloom
- Explore the island’s capital, Corfu Town, with its cobbled streets and Venetian, French and English architecture. You can catch a boat directly to the town from Avlaki beach
- On a hot day, go for a stroll around Mon Repos Estate, where Prince Philip was born
- Try your hand at paddleboarding, kayaking or windsurfing; all equipment can be rented from the watersports centre on Avlaki beach
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Paddle boarding
Best Time to go
Our Top Tips
Bella Mare Hotel is located on Avlaki Beach, in the north of Corfu.
You can fly direct to Corfu (35km).
The journey from the airport takes approximately one hour. Taxis are available, but you'll probably want to hire a car to make the most of the island - see our car rental recommendations.
Car ferries from the mainland arrive at Corfu Town. They run all year round (weather permitting), more frequently between May and September. From Igoumenitsa (six-hour drive north from Athens) ferries run almost hourly, with the journey time taking up to two hours. In high season, there is also a twice-daily hydrofoil express which takes 30 minutes. From Patras (three-hour drive from Athens) there are several weekly ferries, each taking seven hours to arrive in Corfu.
Detailed directions are provided when your booking is confirmed through i-escape.
- Corfu 35.0 km CFU
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 2.5 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km