“A hippie-chic design hotel on Mallorca’s unspoilt west coast, with 114 bohemian rooms, a fab fusion restaurant and sunset views”
Tastefully remodelled in 2018 by German design studio Dreimata, the 114 rooms and suites are colourful and cool - many overlook the sea, some face the peaceful gardens or pentagon-shaped pool. On the top floor, fabulous NENI restaurant offers a fusion menu (Israeli, Oriental and Mediterranean) against a backdrop of the Tramuntana Mountains, and has sweeping vistas across Sóller Bay from its roof terrace. Start the day with a free yoga class or rooftop workout, before wandering into town or exploring by electric bike. If you’re feeling lazy, indulge in an organic treatment at the Santaverde Spa or curl up with a cocktail under a raffia parasol. Whether you remember the original hippie movement or not, Bikini is the perfect place for friends or couples to enjoy a chilled grown-up getaway. To quote their mantra, 'life is better in Bikini'.
- Instagram heaven: the buzzy vibe and colourful bohemian décor are unlike anything else in Mallorca
- Tranquil location with fabulous views of the mountains and sea, and just a 10-minute walk into town
- Plenty of space to chill out by the pool, in the gardens or on your private balcony or terrace
- Excellent Israeli-inspired restaurant and two cocktail bars; Mediterranean-style buffet breakfast included
- Friendly and helpful staff - young, smiley and very enthusiastic
- Great add-ons including paddleboards, e-bikes, free yoga classes and even a Mercedes-Benz convertible available for guests to use!
- The chill-out music plays from eight 'till late and could become irritating to some, though this is in no way a clubby hotel
- Rooms are on the small side and poolside rooms feel less private, though all terraces have curtains. Note there are no twin rooms
- The restaurant is on the pricey side, but the food is delicious
- It can get busy by the pool, and the poolside bar charges for water which seems a little unfair when it's hot
- No under 14s - a plus for many!
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant and bar open daily
- 14+ year olds only
- Closed: mid November - late February
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
- Rooftop gym
The gypset design continues throughout the 106 rooms and eight suites. Bold hues, pillows embroidered with ‘make love, not war’ and peace signs sprayed on the ceilings are a nod to the hippie movement, while shell chandeliers, macramé lamps and textured rugs complete the bohemian vibe. Modern luxuries are discreet: Bluetooth speakers, Nespresso machines and flatscreen TVs carefully hidden behind textured wall hangings (most of the TV channels are German). Bathrooms are small but have quality rainshowers and generous bottles of organic ILoveEcoEssential products. Thoughtful extras include incense burners, Lonely Planet guides, WOUF beach bags and SimoneetGeorges towels for guests to enjoy.
There are seven different room categories, varying in size and aspect, but each has a private terrace or balcony with a bespoke rattan daybed or hammock. Walk barefoot from the Poolside Rooms or immerse yourself in nature in the Garden Rooms. We particularly love the Bayside Suites, which have uninterrupted views over Port de Sóller and a separate living room with a small sofabed.
- Air conditioning
- Beach bag
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
The hotel's buzzy rooftop restaurant, NENI, is created by Israeli foodie family the Molchos. The fusion cuisine is inspired by their home country, with an eclectic mix of recipes and flavours on offer. For dinner, you might find yourself sharing delights such as sakuska (roasted eggplant with rocket, feta and walnuts), sobrasada focaccia (Mallorcan cured sausage, Mahón cheese, honey and thyme) or malabi (hibiscus-flavoured panna cotta with coconut and fresh fruit). It’s also a feast for the eyes, with colourful mosaic tables, Moroccan lanterns and hundreds of hanging plants – not to mention the incredible sea-view terrace. It's a popular spot with the locals too, so make sure you pre-book.
Breakfast is a highlight, with a tasty selection of shakshuka, tortilla, lots of cold meats, smoked fish, cheese, an assortment of breads and pastries and delicious fresh OJ on offer. For snacks or light lunches (burgers, sandwiches, salads, charcuterie) there’s the poolside Pikkini Bar, while the rooftop Donkey Bar is known for its signature Gin Basil Smash and variety of Mule cocktails (we particularly enjoyed the Caribbean and Mexican Mules). If you fancy eating out, there’s plenty of choice in Port Sóller.
- Coffee / tea making
- Restaurants nearby
- Relax with a free morning yoga class (needs pre-booking), massage or cocktail by the pool
- Borrow one of the hotel's electric bikes or Mercedes Benz cars (including a convertible!) and hit the open road
- Wander down to Port de Sóller (two minutes) with its fishing harbour, sandy beach and tastefully redeveloped seafront lined with endless cafés, cocktail bars, restaurants and shops
- Ride the vintage tram to the delightful town of Sóller (25 minutes) known for its rustic stone architecture, Saturday market and Ca’n Prunera Museum in an art nouveau mansion; it's a picturesque journey through lemon and olive groves
- The Tramuntana Mountains are a UNESCO World Heritage site, ideal for hiking, biking and spectacular views across the island
- Take the narrow-gauge train from Port Sóller’s art deco station to Mallorca’s capital, Palma (40 minutes), passing through 13 tunnels, several bridges and a five-arched viaduct
- Visit the pretty village of Deia (20 minutes), once home to poet Robert Graves, now a popular haunt for the rich and famous
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking
- Museums / galleries
- Plantlife / flora
- Shopping / markets
- Stand-up paddle boarding
- Well being
Children aged 14 and above are welcome although the hotel is more geared towards adults.
Family friendly accommodation:
The Bay Suites and Bay House Suites have a separate living area with a sofabed that can accommodate a teenager.
Bikini Island is set in sunny Port de Soller, on the west coast of Mallorca, near the dramatic Serra de Tramuntana mountain range.
Fly into Palma (37km).
From the Airport:
You can easily hire a car - it’s only a 40-minute drive and you’ll have the benefit of being able to explore more of the easily navigable island. Alternatively, jump in a taxi or come by public transport: approximately two hours by bus and train, or two buses (one change in either case).
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Palma da Mallorca 37.0 km PMI
- Beach 0.4 km
- Shops 0.4 km
- Restaurant 0.4 km