“A clutch of contemporary inner-city apartments sleeping 2-6 apiece (self-catering; set in Circular Quay, Potts Point and Darlinghurst)”
There's a choice of one- or 2-bedroom apartments in trendy Darlinghurst, plus a romantic open-plan affair in upscale Potts Point, with wonderful views of the Sydney skyline. The showstopper 2-bedroom apartment overlooking Circular Quay comes with huge picture windows and a state-of-the-art kitchen, while a 3-bedder in Darlinghurst is perfect for larger families or a group of friends. Interiors run the range from minimalist-modern to understated mid-century style to luxe lounging, and are a testament to functional and modern Australian design. Whether this is your first time in Sydney or your next, you'll be as pleased as us to have found your perfect home-from-home.
- Darlinghurst and Potts Point are both great locations, with restaurants, shopping and sights an easy stroll away
- Much better value than a hotel, considering the square footage you get, plus the flexibility to self cater or eat out
- We love the look of the cool, contemporary design
- The agents have a wide range of options, so if you can't find what you're looking for, ask about other apartments
- They supply really useful info packs on eateries, taxis, doctors etc; and the caretaker who meets you will be contactable throughout
- You'll need to book ahead for popular times of year
- No extra beds permitted and baby cots incur an additional cost
- Minimum stays of 3-7 nights, depending on the apartment
- We've not yet seen all the apartments in person
- Note that rates don't include an end-of-stay cleaning fee
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apartments
- 5 apartments for 2-6
- Self-catering; restaurants nearby
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
- Local information pack
Each apartment is styled individually, but all have a contemporary aesthetic with open-plan kitchen-dining-living spaces and large windows. Duplex Apartment One (sleeping 2) has airy, plant-filled interiors with wooden floors, modular furniture and 3 sunny terraces. Two-bedroomed Apartment Two (sleeping 2-4) is ultra-modern, featuring a glass wall with light filtered through a stand of bamboo, kitsch art and a long, narrow living area. Staying here gives you access to a gym, indoor pool and sauna in the building. Both apartments are on quiet streets in trendy Darlinghurst.
In contrast, Potts Point View (sleeping 2) has an understated mid-century style with designer furniture, and a loft-style feel with exposed concrete pillars. The view through picture windows across the Botanic Gardens to the CBD is superb.
Centrally located on Circular Quay next to the Opera House, Quay View (sleeping 2-4) has incredible views of the Harbour Bridge, The Rocks and ferries plying their trade below. It comes with a terrace and 2 bedrooms.
Or for a Bond-villain lair, luxurious Sky Loft (sleeping up to 6) is enormous, with 2 living rooms, 3 bedrooms, a long spectacular balcony facing the Sydney skyline and a great sociable location in Darlinghurst. Guests have access to a gym, pool and spa within the building.
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
Kitchens come with the requisite bells and whistles, crockery and cutlery. And a starter set of tea, coffee, salt, pepper, loo rolls, and bin bags. Apartment One has an all-white compact designer kitchen in an island within the open-plan living area, and a table seating 3. Apartment Two's larger state-of-the-art version is a sleek affair along one wall. Potts Points View's is similarly arranged but in a darker scheme to compliment its mid-century vibe. Both these have dining space for 6.
Quay View has a large sociable space comprising a living area (with views, natch), table and chairs for 8 and a corner kitchen delineated by a high bank of units to keep the cooking preparations discreet. Swankiest of all is the kitchen in Sky Loft, which comes with double ovens plus a gas and induction hob, a large marble breakfast bar and dining table for 12; entertain in style!
All apartments are close to grocery stores for food shopping, and to a plethora of restaurants. Sydney's dining scene is excellent and diverse. A private chef can be booked for a special occasion.
- Chef on request
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Restaurants nearby
- Take time to properly admire the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Then take a ferry across the harbour to either Taronga Zoo or Manly for fabulous views
- The Australian Museum and Art Gallery of NSW abut Hyde Park and the Domain, which lead naturally on to the Royal Botanic Gardens, all the way down to the water
- Head to those iconic beaches: a favourite inner-harbour destination is tidal Murray Rose Pool (Redleaf) in Double Bay; most agree Bondi can't be beaten, but Bronte, Tamarama and the Northern Beaches have their supporters, too
- The Eastern suburbs of Paddington, Darlinghurst and Potts Point are positively infested with good restaurants, coffee shops, trendy boutiques, cool cocktail bars, galleries and nightlife
- Popular walking trails include from Bondi to Coogee, Watsons Bay and the South Head, Spit Bridge to Manly
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Plantlife / flora
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
Sydney is a fantastic playground for families, with beaches, ferry rides, a world-class zoo, museums and a myriad of attractions. Staying in a centrally located apartment with a well-equipped kitchen makes recovering from the long journey to get here all the easier, as well as providing flexibility and more space than you'd get in the average hotel room.
Family friendly accommodation:
Apartment Two, Quay View and Sky Loft all have second or third bedrooms which can be configured as twins. Quay View and Sky Loft have baths.
- Baby cots on request
- High chair on request (additional cost)
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities nearby:
- Ferry rides
- The Rocks
- Taronga Zoo
- Harbour beaches
- Ocean beaches
- Cricket, rugby and Aussie rules football matches in Moore Park
- Fox Studios
- Centennial Park
- Darling Harbour museums
- Botanic Gardens
- Sydney Museum
- Hyde Park
- Airport: 45 minutes' drive
- Hospital: 10 minutes (St Vincents)
- Shops: 1 minute
The apartments are in a range of inner-city locations in Sydney, on the coast of NSW.
Click here to view all locations on a Google map (new window)
Fly into Sydney (10km). The apartments are about 45 minutes away via taxi. There is also a direct airport link bus to Circular Quay or Wynyard station (heart of the CBD), and some apartments are walkable from there.
It's probably best if you don't have a car given the parking restrictions and congestion. There are a plethora of taxis around and it is easy to hail one in the streets. But if you want to hire a car to explore the region, see our car rental recommendations. Apartment Two has a dedicated car parking space.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Sydney International Airport 10.0 km SYD
- Beach 3.0 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km