“Stylish apartments for 2-4, a coin’s throw from the Trevi Fountain: modern and retro features blend with vintage finds”
Each of the 1-bed apartments is individually styled with retro-chic furniture, contemporary artwork and beautifully restored original features. You’ll find quirky art pieces and vintage Olivetti typewriters, as well as wireless Bose speakers and complimentary smart phones. It’s the ultimate home-away-from-home - with the added luxuries of someone else doing the cleaning, and the city's best-kept secrets shared by your warm, thoughtful hosts.
- The quirky, individual style of each apartment; we wanted a night in every single one
- Mod-cons, free breakfasts, a concierge service and spoiling touches make for a luxurious stay
- Perfect for a romantic minibreak, or extra beds can be added for a family, and 2 apartments can be joined for a group of friends
- A short stroll from the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Spanish Steps; you’re in the buzzing heart of Rome
- We were blown away by the service - you're added to a WhatsApp group on your arrival day in case you need anything, and you can even select the scent in your apartment prior to arrival!
- Pricey, though definitely worth it, considering the location and amenities
- Noise from the streets can filter up, but we found it surprisingly peaceful with the windows shut
- There’s no lift so you'll have 3 or 4 flights of stairs to climb
- No on-site restaurant but you're close to countless eateries
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apartments
- 6 apartments for 2-4
- Self-catering (breakfast included; restaurants nearby)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
There are 6 apartments for 2-4 guests, each utterly unique in layout and décor, and dressed in an eclectic mix of vintage, mid-century and modern pieces. Original features like battered wooden doors and beautifully worn tiles have been salvaged, and the overall effect is a bohemian home-away-from-home. You’ll also find open-plan kitchenettes, spacious dining areas and big spoiling bathrooms - the Studio Apartment even has a sauna!
We loved staying in the industrial-style Master Apartment located on the second floor. It had a large living/dining room looking out over Via in Arcione, and a sweet little terrace accessed through a hidden wardrobe in the bedroom. When we come back, we’ll try one of the sophisticated Corner Apartments, which are decorated in pretty pastels and have capacious beds and vintage furniture covered in Kvadrat fabric. They can connect with one another to form the Double Corner Apartment, which sleeps 4 - ideal for families and friends.
- Air conditioning
- Basic ingredients provided
- Bose sound system
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Hob or stove
For breakfast each morning, a market bag of freshly baked bread and croissants is left outside your apartment door, and you'll find eggs, juice and fruit in the fridge.
For other meals, the modern kitchenettes are stocked with complimentary basics to rustle up an easy meal (tomato sauce, olive oil, pasta, milk, butter, yoghurts, biscotti, tea, coffee, seasonings etc), plus a few items for sale (Prosecco, wine, chocolates). And if you're feeling more adventurous, there's a CasaCau cookbook to inspire your cooking. You get a hob, fridge, kettle and Moka coffee maker but note there are no freezers or toasters. Head to Eataly Roma for your groceries - a colossal food emporium near Ostiense station, showcasing some of the very best produce Italy has to offer.
Needless to say, CasaCau’s staff have lots of great restaurant recommendations. Nearby restaurant and cocktail bar Eit is a definite Michelin star contender, and offers dishes based around just 1 ingredient. Pre-booking is advisable as there are only 7 tables.
- Chef on request
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Hob or stove
- Meal delivery service
- Restaurants nearby
- You're perfectly placed for the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Via Condotti (designer shopping)
- Get up early and scour the mammoth Porta Portese flea market for vintage finds
- Stroll around the beautiful Jewish Quarter, peppered with pretty little piazzas, boutiques, galleries and churches
- Make the most of your beautiful apartment after a long day's sightseeing: whip up a feast with local produce and tuck into a bottle of red. In-room massages and beauty treatments are also available on request
See our top tips for Rome.
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Art classes
- Historical sites
- Language courses
- Museums / galleries
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
Children are welcome and the apartments are spacious, with equipment to borrow and a central location from which you can walk to sights and family-friendly restaurants.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Apartment with Balcony has a queensize bed and a comfortable single pull-out bed (on request). The Corner Apartments can be joined to sleep 4. The Master Apartments have 2 double beds in the main bedroom plus a comfortable double sofabed in the lounge (suitable for 2 children aged 2-12).
On request (extra cost)
The following are available on request:
- Baby cots
- Night lights
- Baby monitors
- Bottle warming
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
Kids Activities nearby:
- Roman ruins
- Trevi Fountain
- Airport: Fiumicino (45 mins) or Ciampino (30 mins)
- Hospital: 15 minutes' drive
- Shop: 2 minutes' walk
CasaCau is in the very heart of Rome, steps from the Trevi Fountain.
You've got a choice of 2 airports: Fiumicino (34km), where most international flights arrive, and Ciampino (30km) for domestic and a few international flights.
From the Airport
Ask for a transfer, hop in a taxi or take the airport train from Fiumicino into the centre of Rome, then walk. From Ciampino you can catch the airport bus and then the metro. The nearest metro station to the hotel is Barberini.
Taking a car into Rome is no joke, but if you want to hire one, see our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Rome Ciampino 30.0 km CIA
- Rome Fiumicino 34.0 km FCO
- Beach 27.0 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km