“Splendid manor-house hotel set in immaculate grounds, with infinity pool and dreamy sea views”
Inside thick limestone walls, the 12 guest rooms are just as relaxing and indulgent: beautifully furnished in muted tones with freshly cut flowers, crisp white bedlinen, sleek bathrooms and far-reaching views. Factor in charming staff and a delicious sense of pampered privacy and you'll understand why this place is so popular. Gorgeous little coves and pretty Mahon, Menorca's capital, are just a hop away, but if you struggle to make it much farther than your sun lounger don’t feel too bad - this really is the perfect place to do nothing at all.
- The gorgeous pool terrace and sweeping gardens - perfect for lazy, restorative days
- We loved the rooms: beautifully decorated in soothing tones with whitewashed wooden beams and parquet wooden floors
- Excellent food: impeccably presented and delicious, with fresh ingredients from the estate and local suppliers
- Just 5km from the cliff-ringed turquoise waters of Cales
Coves, one of the island’s prettiest bays
- The intimate, spoiling vibe makes it perfect for a honeymoon or special holiday; you could easily hole up here for a week or more
- Also available as an incredible house rental for 24 adults + 12 kids (no under 12s)
- All this heavenly seclusion comes at a price; it’s not cheap but we feel it’s worth it for the excellent service and high quality
- No dinner served on Monday and Tuesday nights October - May
- You’ll need a car if you plan to explore at all; the nearest restaurant is 1.5km away, and beaches are a little further
- No children under 12 due to the grown-up atmosphere
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant & bar (open daily)
- Over 12s only
- Closed: November to March
- Heated Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
The 12 bedrooms are simple yet elegant. A fresh, rustic backdrop of stone walls, whitewashed beams and wooden floors is accentuated by chic furnishings and splashes of colour from vases brimming with flowers from the estate. Naturally, the all-important details (large comfy beds, good-quality linens, modern bathrooms with walk-in showers and fluffy towels) are covered, and pillows are scented with fresh lavender.
Seven rooms are located in the main house, and most offer amazing views and either a balcony or private patio area. Monte Toro, a Tower Suite, is the most impressive, boasting arched ceilings, an elegant little sitting room and a staircase up to a private tower room with panoramic views down to the sea. We also loved Romero (a Grand Deluxe Room with private terrace), which has a huge terrace big enough to invite all the other guests over for a cocktail. Sant Clement (the smallest Superior Room) is the only room with a bath and can be joined to neighbouring Sa Forana (a Deluxe Room with Private Garden) if required.
The 5 remaining rooms are in a converted stable block and have lovely private gardens; perfect for those wanting a bit more seclusion.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
The food at Cugo Gran’s restaurant is a perfect match for the setting: impeccably presented and delicious. Chef Roberto Sarrió’s menu is Mediterranean with a modern twist and focuses on using local ingredients, many from the kitchen gardens. Think citrus-marinated long-finned tuna, suckling Menorcan lamb with smoked aubergine, then a delicious red fruit gelée with fresh basil and cool yoghurt ice cream. And it’s not just the food that's great; there's a fabulous wine and cocktail list, too - we loved the silky Clover Clubs, made with Menorcan Xoriguer gin and fresh raspberries.
Breakfast is freshly baked breads and pastries, jams, fruit, juices and eggs from the estate’s chickens.
Other restaurants are at least 1.5km away but you'll be very happy eating in every night; the restaurant is open daily and you can book half board.
- Coffee / tea making
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- The tranquil spa offers a range of massages, facials and treatments based upon Australian Aboriginal healing techniques
- Swim and snorkel at stunning Cales Coves; a tiny, mainly rocky cove lapped by turquoise water
- Or relax on white-sand beaches: Cala Binidali, Macarella and Macarelleta are all an easy drive away
- Walk along the Camí de Cavalls, Menorca’s ancient coastal path that wraps around the entire island; or go by mountain bike or horse - reception can arrange both
- Spend a day in the pretty capital, Mahon, and visit the buzzing Mercado de Pescadoes and bustling harbour
- A sunset drink at Cova d'en Xoroi is a must; a breathtakingly beautiful terraced bar and nightclub carved into the cliffs
- Hike through the stunning S'Albufera Natural Park, home to masses of birdlife, including water fowl and eagles
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
- Wine tasting
Families with older children are welcome as this is a small hotel with a calm atmosphere, and the restaurant feels quite grown up.
Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
All rooms can be set up as a double or twin and have space for an extra bed. Sant Clement is the smallest room but has a bath, and can connect with Sa Forana next door.
Kids Activities on site:
- Cinema screen
Kids Activities nearby:
Families Should Know:
The pool is unfenced
- Airport: 5km (Mahon)
- Hospital: 7km
- Shop: 1.5km
Cugó Gran is just outside Sant Climent, a charming village in southern Menorca. It's a short drive (1.5km) to its shops, restaurant and bars, and 5km to the nearest sandy beach, Cales Coves.
Mahon (4.8km) is Menorca's only airport. Book a transfer with the hotel or hire a car if you plan to explore the island. There's free parking at the hotel.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.com.
- Mahon 4.8 km MAH
- Beach 5.0 km
- Shops 1.5 km
- Restaurant 1.5 km