“A collection of relaxing self-catering apartments dotted around 17th-century townhouses in the heart of Dubrovnik’s Old Town (sleeping 2-4)”
Spread across three buildings, the rooms and apartments are on the first, second and third floors - you’ll need a good pair of legs if you’re thinking of staying on the top floor - and are ideal for couples. Those that have cooking facilities gives you the added freedom of being able to plan your own schedule and meal times. The Old Town location takes you back through the centuries, and you’ll feel like a local as you walk the narrow stone alleys after dark, when the bars and restaurants are buzzing and many of the main sights are beautifully lit.
- Fantastic locations in the heart of Dubrovnik’s magnificent Old Town, with bars, restaurants, fascinating historical sites and pretty beaches
- Fully equipped for 21st-century comfort: free WiFi, sleek gadgets and flatscreen satellite TVs; most have great self-catering facilities, too
- The 2-bedroom apartments are handy for friends travelling together while the double rooms and studio apartment make affordable short-term couples' boltholes
- Housed in meticulously restored Baroque buildings, with chic furnishings set against exposed stone walls and wooden beamed ceilings
- The management is discreet and can help you with recommendations for local things to see and do
- Dubrovnik’s Old Town is packed with tourists in summer; be prepared for noise at night, and odours from nearby fish restaurants
- You'll have to carry your luggage into the pedestrianised Old Town and up quite a few stairs (there's no lift)
- There are no outdoor spaces and only 1 2-bedroom apartment has a balcony
- Room rate must be paid by cash only - Euro or Kuna accepted
- No kids under 18 accepted
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apartments
- 8 apt & rooms (sleep 2-4)
- Self-catering only
- Over 16s only
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Laundry Service
- Washing machine
- Walking tour
The spacious rooms and apartments (sleep 2-4) are comfortable, functional and tastefully furnished. Great care has been given to restoring existing elements, such as stonework and beamed ceilings, while new wooden floors add a more contemporary mood.
In the Stradun building, Apartments 1 and 2 are very similar, but many people like third-floor Apartment 3's sloping ceilings, as they make it extra cosy. On the down side, there are more stairs to climb up. All feature modern glass blocks to allow extra light in from the stairwell. You enter directly into the open-plan living room and modern kitchen area. Here you get a big comfy corner sofabed, a flatscreen satellite TV and several big colourful oil paintings. A sliding smoked-glass door opens onto the small double bedroom. The bathroom is small but incredibly functional, with a good shower and a washing machine (handy for those travelling with small kids). Some may consider the towels to be a little small.
On nearby Petilovrijenci Street, another apartment awaits. Here the decor is more classic in style, with classical mirrors and romantic artwork. We haven't personally stayed yet, but we think the 1-bedroom apartment would be ideal for couples.
Finally there's the Petit Nono building, home to two 2-Bedroom Apartment and 2 Superior Double Rooms. Again, we're yet to visit, but based on their facilities we'd recommend the apartments for families or friends travelling together. It's worth noting that the Superior Double Rooms lack kitchens, so they are better for shorter stays.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Cots Available
- DVD player
- Extra beds
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
Each apartment has a modern cooking area equipped with an oven, fridge and kettle. All the utensils, crockery and cutlery you might need are provided, but you’ll have to buy your own provisions. Note that the Superior Double Rooms do not have cooking facilities.
For food shopping in the Old Town, you have the open-air market (each morning, on the square in front of the Pucic Palace), the tiny covered fish market (each morning, overlooking the old harbour) and a handful of small supermarkets, the best known of which is Konzum (open daily).
Nearby restaurants include old-fashioned Proto, which is probably the best seafood restaurant within the walls and serves classic Dalmatian cuisine on a lovely upper-level stone terrace. For something a little more modern, the chic Bota Sare Sushi and Oyster Bar does excellent sushi made from fresh local fish, as well as oysters from nearby Ston. Vegetarians should head for Nishta, known for its delicious meat-free dishes packed with fragrant herbs and spices. For a lunchtime snack or a substantial breakfast, go to family-run Skola, which does hearty sandwiches made from freshly baked bread filled with pršut (prosciutto) and sir (cheese).
- Coffee / tea making
- Restaurants nearby
- Explore Dubrovnik’s magnificent Old Town - walk a circuit of the medieval city walls, see the 15th-century Rector’s Palace, the cathedral and the Franciscan Monastery, and catch the latest photography exhibition at War Photo Ltd gallery
- Ride the ultra-modern cable car to the peak of Mt Srð (405m), for amazing views down onto the medieval city and out to sea
- Drink a sunset aperitif at Buža, an informal bar on the rocks overlooking the sea, accessed via a “hidden” doorway in the seaward-facing city walls (a 5-minute walk away)
- Swim and sunbathe at nearby beaches. Try the schmanzy EastWest Club on Banje beach, just outside the city walls (close to Ploce Gate) or, for something a little quieter, Sveti Jakov beach, in a sheltered cove a 15-minute walk further down the coast
- Sample Croatian wines at D’Vino, a cosy wine bar in the Old Town. The knowledgeable owner offers wine-tasting ‘flights’ - either 3 reds or 3 whites - and can explain a little about each wine you taste
- Attend an evening concert - the Dubrovnik Summer Festival attracts world-class musicians, who perform at various open-air venues from mid-July to mid-August
- Paddle your way across the glistening blue Adriatic to the tiny islet of Lokrum. Adventure Dalmatia arranges half-day sea-kayaking trips, departing from a small bay just outside the city walls, close to Pile Gate
- Catch a Jadrolinija ferry from Dubrovnik’s Gruž harbour and spend a day walking and swimming on one of the car-free Elaphiti islands - Kolocep, Lopud or Sipan
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
Only over 16s permitted.
Family friendly accommodation:
The 2-Bedroom Apartments are the most spacious option for families with older teens but note there are no twin beds. In each 1-Bedroom Apartment, an extra person can be accommodated on the sofabed in the living room
Kids Activities nearby:
- Game of Thrones Tours
- Walk the Old City's walls
- Head to the beach (Copacabana in Lapad is the best)
- Boat trips to nearby islands
- Airport: 30 minutes
- Shops: 1 minute
The apartments are located on three different streets just off the Stradun (or Placa) in the heart of Dubrovnik’s pedestrian-only Old Town, in southern Croatia.
Fly into Dubrovnik (20km) or Split (272km).
From the Airport
From Dubrovnik airport, transfers are available, or there’s an airport bus (journey time 20-30 minutes) to Pile Gate, just outside the city walls.
The Old Town is pedestrianised, so a car is not required in Dubrovnik itself, but you may want to explore further afield. If you rent a car, bear in mind that parking in Dubrovnik is a problem, especially in summer. The situation has improved slightly with the opening of a new 24-hour public garage at Ilijina Glavica (Zagrebaèka ulica bb), a 5-minute walk from Pile Gate.
If you are arriving from Italy, Jadrolinija operates ferries from Bari. From Dubrovnik’s Gruž harbour, take a bus to Pile Gate, the entrance to the Old Town.
More on getting to Croatia
- Dubrovnik 20.0 km DBV
- Split 272.0 km SPU
- Beach 0.2 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km