“A super-sexy beachfront hotel with beautiful rooms scattered through lush grounds and a couple of gorgeous pools that overlook the ocean”
Fabulous airy rooms are scattered about the grounds and 5 full-time gardeners keep the place spotless. All have French windows that open onto shaded decks, and while suites are bigger and look onto the beach, all are pretty dreamy. Boats can be arranged to whisk you off to nearby islands, Nha Trang’s markets and restaurants will tempt you out and you can take to the hills to discover the White Buddha. If you want luxury on the beach with a little culture on your doorstep, you’ll be happy here.
- You won't ever want to leave the rooms; each has a deluge shower and sink-into bed
- How many hotels have a pillow menu with 16 candidates to choose from?
- There's a heavenly spa with a range of massage and beauty treatments
- A range of watersports (parasailing, windsurfing, sailing) are on offer and there's a PADI dive centre on site
- A great family option
- The food is fine, but the hotel is better; this is a common observation in Vietnam
- You're right in the middle of a town - not that you notice for a moment as the hotel is screened by dense curtains of tropical vegetation - but long walks along empty palm-fringed beaches are not an option
- Various minimum stays apply through the year
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Beach Resort
- 2 restaurants and bar
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Tennis Court
- Bicycles Available
The 74 rooms are housed in 17 big, airy, high-ceilinged buildings dotted about in clumps in the grounds. The gardens stretch along the beach for 500 metres; they are scented by hibiscus and frangipani while palms soar serenely and stone paths weave through trim lawns from one end to the other. Some rooms are bigger than others, but all share the same colonial style.
You can choose from Garden View Rooms, Superior Sea View Rooms, Deluxe Sea View Rooms, Deluxe Beachfront Rooms and Suites. All open onto private terraces and even the smaller rooms feel like suites, so you don’t need to splash out on the most expensive. Inside you find whitewashed walls, very pretty tiled floors and mosquito nets hanging above your bed. All have the requisite accessories: TVs and DVD players hidden away in wood cabinets, robes and slippers, minibars (priced the same as the main bar), ceiling fans and air conditioning. Kingsize beds are kitted out in the best linen and bath towels are huge.
Best of all are the exceptional inside/outside bathrooms with Flintstone-coloured baths and deluge showers above. Deluxe Sea View Rooms and Suites have 2 showers (a waterfall shower outside, a more conventional one inside) and twin copper-bowl sinks. The terraces also overlook the sea, with paths leading past padded loungers in small private gardens to the beach.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Cots Available
- DVD player
- Extra beds
- Internet access
- Mosquito net
- Plunge pool
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
Because the resort stretches along the beach for half a kilometre, there are 2 restaurants strategically placed to stop you having to walk for miles every day. Both overlook the sea and one is next to the big infinity swimming pool too, so expect watery views at every turn.
Meals are not included in the rates but the food is good so it's definitely worth eating in. Assemble for breakfast at your leisure and dig into an endless buffet. Help yourself to freshly sliced fruit, baskets of irresistible patisserie, then spin over to the egg station and order yourself a ham omelette before gathering bacon and tomatoes or a bowl of noodles. As for the juices, a seemingly limitless supply of freshly squeezed nectar is available and there’s sparkling wine on the house, so start the day with a decadent glass of Buck’s Fizz.
During the day you can order all sorts of dishes, from light bites (spring rolls or a plate of cheese) to more substantial meals (salad Niçoise, steak sandwiches, bowls of pasta, char-grilled octopus).
Dinner offers more choice. You can either head to the beach restaurant and try the set-price BBQ buffet, which offers a big choice of salads, soups and vegetables; the meat and fish is cooked to order while you wait. Alternatively, book into the main restaurant and eat à la carte; you’ll find an Asian menu alongside a Western one and you can chop and change, so try tiger prawns, bok choy gazpacho, rack of lamb and tarte tatin. There's also rather tempting 5-course tasting menu that comes with a different glass of wine for every course. For those after something romantic, try a private BBQ on the beach, even dinner at the end of the jetty… but there's only room for one table, so you’ll have to book ahead. Dinner can also be served in your villa.
Nha Trang offers a good range of restaurants and bars that will tempt you out. Try Lac Canh for its famous grilled beef or Le Petit Bistro (yes, it’s French) for great pâté and ham and a fantastic cheese board. For the best Italian food in town try Good Morning Vietnam; it’s popular with ex-pats and locals alike.
If you want to head out for a few drinks after dinner, the best places to stop are the Sailing Club (open until 2am), which is a 10-minute walk up the beach (it also serves Indian, Italian and Vietnamese food). Closer still (a 3-minute walk into the city) you’ll find Guava Bar for great tunes and a small courtyard; it's very cool and open until midnight.
- Children's meals
- Coffee / tea making
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Vegetarian menu
- If you’re going to have a massage in Vietnam, have it here; the Six Senses Spa is divine, with gorgeous water gardens surrounding treatments rooms that overlook the beach. Afterwards, tea is served in cushioned pagodas that overhang the water. Sublime
- Feeling active? There’s a tennis court at the hotel, a volleyball court on the beach and a rack of bicycles that are free for guests to use
- The daily Nha Trang market is very popular and worth a look; it starts at 5am and the hotel offers a cyclo tour around it
- Make the most of the watersports on offer and try windsurfing and parasailing or go out on a catamaran for deep-sea fishing
- River kayaking and mountain bike safaris into the hills can be arranged. You can also hire motorbikes to explore
- Take a taxi to visit the Long Son Pagoda (monks still live here) and check out the giant White Buddha; you get good views over town, too
- Make it a day trip and travel on to the Ba Ho Waterfalls, where you can swim in rock pools
- Boats will take you out to beautiful islands for an afternoon's snorkelling in clear blue water - a very popular trip. There's also a dive centre at the hotel should you wish to hire equipment or do a PADI course
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Cooking classes
- Mountain biking
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving courses
- Shopping / markets
- Tennis coaching
- Well being
- Wine tasting
The hotel is child-friendly set on a gorgeous beach with two pools and a kids club. Note that there’s quite a strong undertow in the sea. Children under 12 sleep for free in existing beds. There is a 50% reduction on meal prices for kids aged 6 to 11, and under 6s eat for free. All equipment (tennis racquets, bicycles, snorkelling masks) is available in children's sizes
Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
8 rooms interconnect: Garden View Rooms with Deluxe Sea View Rooms, sleeping up to 6 and 2 more in extra beds. You also get a bath tub and rain shower and outdoor space. The swish Ana Mandara Suite has a private walled garden and also has lots of space to play outdoors
Available but must be booked at least a week ahead
- Baby cots and bedding
- High chairs
- Child cutlery
- Baby bath with thermometer
- Changing mats
- Swimming aids
- Socket covers
- Bicycle with training wheels
- Black out blinds
- Car seats and car booster seats
- Sun tents
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Professionally managed daily kids' club "Just Kids!" (9am-noon and 2pm-5pm) with adventure games like beach camping and treasure hunts, sand painting, football and workshops making Vietnamese arts and crafts. Suitable for children aged 4+, free for children under their parents supervision
In both restaurants kids under 6 eat for free, and 6-12 year olds are half-price if dining from the regular menu. Both have a kids menu of healthy smaller portions of Vietnamese fare. The Ana Beach House restaurant offers burgers, pizza, ice cream. Baby food, snacks and purees can be bought on site. The hotel bar allows kids and serves mocktails, juices, smoothies and milkshakes
Kids Activities on site:
- Two infinity pools with shallow ends
- Supervised Jacuzzi pool
- Board games in the library
- Toys and books
- Bikes to borrow, and training wheels for smaller fry
- Craft materials
- Over 12s allowed in the spa
- Cooking classes
Kids Activities nearby:
- Sailing on Hobie Cats
- Fishing trips
Families Should Know:
A lifeguard is on duty 8am till 8pm
- Airport: 40 minutes
- Shop: on site
Evason Ana Mandara is situated in Nha Trang on the east coast of Vietnam. It's 450km from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City).
Cam Ranh Airport (Nha Trang) (45km away) is the closest. It's served by domestic airlines from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Da Nang (from other cities you will have to go via the above three). If you're coming from Europe, you'll probably fly into Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi. From these airports you can either transfer onto an internal flight or travel overland to Nha Trang if you're planning a longer trip. Click on the links below for a list of airlines.
From the Airport:
The hotel offers transfers (see Rates for details) or you can grab a taxi. The journey takes about 40 minutes by car.
The hotel can arrange taxis and has a fleet of cyclos for ferrying guests about the locale.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Vietnam and getting around
- Nha Trang 45.0 km NHA
- Ho Chi Minh (Tan Son Nhat International) 450.0 km SGN
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 0.2 km
- Restaurant 0.2 km