“Old Town charm: a romantic hotel with subterranean pool and roof terrace, plus 4 independent family-sized apartments”
Up high, the sweet 360-degree roof terrace gazes directly upon Ciutadella's imposing cathedral and out to sea (when the wind blows east you can see Mallorca from here); below ground, a beautiful subterranean pool and steam room await, both open 24 hours a day. We'd recommend spending at least one evening as follows: sundowners on the terrace, dinner in the Old Town, a late-night swim and steam, rounded off with a minibar nightcap and deep slumber in your four-poster. What could be better?
- Surprisingly romantic, characterful rooms and 4 family-friendly apartments (for 2-5) just a short walk away
- In the heart of Ciutadella: gorgeous architecture, authentic tapas and a glam little harbour
- A lot for your Euro, especially during shoulder season: big rooms, excellent service and an indoor pool and steam room
- Discreet yet welcoming staff, and a charming cafe serving delicious homemade light bites
- There's a free car park nearby, so exploring the island by car is easy
- The apartments are in a separate building (a 5-minute walk from the hotel) and their rates do not include breakfast (though the cafe is open to all)
- We might not choose the decor for our own home, but in this setting, we found it enchanting
- Not easy to find, hidden down a quiet pedestrianised street with plain entrance
- Rooms vary in size and decor - you can request a style but specific options cannot be guaranteed
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Tres Sants is great for a short stay but you could easily spend a full week here, too. There's a free car park just a short walk from the hotel, so it's easy to explore the rest of the island and tour Menorca's countless pretty coves
- Equally, this is a great base if you'd prefer not to drive, as the island's bus network runs from Mao to Ciutadella, and the town has so much to offer
- Boutique Hotel
- 8 rooms + 4 apartments
- Breakfast (+ self-catering apartments)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Indoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
- Laundry Service
- Towels and linens in the apartments
Tres Sants means "Three Saints", in reference to the 3 streets on which it sits - Saint Sebastian, Saint Joseph and Saint Christopher. As such, each room is named after a saint and has romantic, understated decor. Most are straightforward double rooms with billowing linen drapes, distressed blush or ochre walls, and bathrooms with huge concrete tubs and drenching rainshowers, plus heavenly vanilla-scented lotions and potions.
Our room, Sant Sebastia, was more like a suite, with a small lounge leading to a lofty four-poster bedroom and (like one other room) a second smaller bedroom with solid bunk beds. Although this would work well for family, we didn’t feel out of place staying here as a couple, and relished the sense of space.
Tucked away in a separate building nearer the entrance to the Old Town are 4 self-catering apartments, each with 2 bedrooms and an open-plan kitchen and lounge area - great for families. Although managed by the Tres Sants team, guests staying here only have access to the hotel pool (and breakfast is not included in the rates), so it's best for those seeking a more independent experience.
- Air conditioning
- Cd player
- Central heating
- Dvd player
- Safe box
Come morning, wander down to the intimate breakfast room, where you can either dine at a long communal table or outside in the sheltered courtyard. We were impressed with the tempting mix of authentic Menorcan cured meats and cheeses, freshly mashed tomatoes with sea salt, and delicious fresh custard pastries. These same sweet treats are the speciality of the hotel's cafe, where a tempting selection is displayed alongside homemade cakes (and light lunches are served during the day). During summer, drinks and snacks can also be brought up to the roof terrace, a particularly good spot for sundowners overlooking the terracotta rooftops towards the Mediterranean sea.
For anything more substantial you'll need to head out into the Old Town; the team have a host of recommendations ranging from relaxed tapas bars to romantic harbour-front restaurants, just ask.
The self-catering apartments come with full kitchens and large dining areas so cooking is made easy, plus there are plenty of markets nearby.
- Children meals
- Restaurants nearby
- Wander the atmospheric Old Town; narrow cobbled streets, ornate warm stone townhouses and countless gelato and tapas establishments lead to an imposing waterfront town hall and pretty harbour
- Visit Ciutadella's cathedral; just moments from the hotel, it dominates the skyline and holds a huge marble altar beneath its 15m-high apse
- The hotel can assist with arranging bicycle and motorcycle hire, as well as horse riding and guided tours of the Ciutadella
- Bathe in the atmospheric underground pool and steam room; robes and slippers are provided in your room
- At just 50km long, Menorca is easy to explore and the south coast is full of pretty little beaches like Cala Mitjana - check out our favourite spots on the destination guide
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
We'd recommend the apartments for families as, although all ages are welcome in the hotel, the calm, romantic atmosphere makes it a popular hideaway for couples.
Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Separate to the hotel, the 4 apartments each have a double bedroom, a second twin room and space for a rollaway bed or baby cot. Bear in mind that the apartments do not have access to the hotel facilities, and the bathrooms are shower only. If you'd prefer to stay in the hotel, all rooms can hold a baby cot and 2 have a double bed plus 2 in-built single beds (sleeping 4 adults and 1 baby max) - request when booking.
Baby cots are available on request.
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
The apartments have well-equipped kitchens for self-catering.