“Old Town charm: a romantic hotel with subterranean pool and roof terrace”
Up high, the sweet 360-degree roof terrace gazes directly upon Ciutadella's imposing cathedral and out to sea (when the wind blows east you can see Mallorca from here); below ground, a beautiful subterranean pool and steam room await, both open 24 hours a day. We'd recommend spending at least one evening as follows: sundowners on the terrace, dinner in the Old Town, a late-night swim and steam, rounded off with a minibar nightcap and deep slumber in your four-poster. What could be better?
- Surprisingly romantic, characterful rooms
- In the heart of Ciutadella: gorgeous architecture, authentic tapas and a glam little harbour
- A lot for your Euro, especially during shoulder season: big rooms, excellent service and an indoor pool and steam room
- Discreet yet welcoming staff, and a charming cafe serving delicious homemade light bites
- There's a free car park nearby, so exploring the island by car is easy
- We might not choose the decor for our own home, but in this setting, we found it enchanting
- Not easy to find, hidden down a quiet pedestrianised street with plain entrance
- Rooms vary in size and decor - you can request a style but specific options cannot be guaranteed
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Tres Sants is great for a short stay but you could easily spend a full week here, too. There's a free car park just a short walk from the hotel, so it's easy to explore the rest of the island and tour Menorca's countless pretty coves
- Equally, this is a great base if you'd prefer not to drive, as the island's bus network runs from Mao to Ciutadella, and the town has so much to offer
- Boutique Hotel
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Indoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
Tres Sants means "Three Saints", in reference to the 3 streets on which it sits - Saint Sebastian, Saint Joseph and Saint Christopher. As such, each room is named after a saint and has romantic, understated decor. Most are straightforward double rooms with billowing linen drapes, distressed blush or ochre walls, and bathrooms with huge concrete tubs and drenching rainshowers, plus heavenly vanilla-scented lotions and potions.
Our room, Sant Sebastia, was more like a suite, with a small lounge leading to a lofty four-poster bedroom and (like one other room) a second smaller bedroom with solid bunk beds. Although this would work well for family, we didn’t feel out of place staying here as a couple, and relished the sense of space.
- Air conditioning
- CD player
- Central heating
- DVD player
- Safe box
Come morning, wander down to the intimate breakfast room, where you can either dine at a long communal table or outside in the sheltered courtyard. We were impressed with the tempting mix of authentic Menorcan cured meats and cheeses, freshly mashed tomatoes with sea salt, and delicious fresh custard pastries. These same sweet treats are the speciality of the hotel's cafe, where a tempting selection is displayed alongside homemade cakes (and light lunches are served during the day). During summer, drinks and snacks can also be brought up to the roof terrace, a particularly good spot for sundowners overlooking the terracotta rooftops towards the Mediterranean sea.
For anything more substantial you'll need to head out into the Old Town; the team have a host of recommendations ranging from relaxed tapas bars to romantic harbour-front restaurants, just ask.
- Restaurants nearby
- Wander the atmospheric Old Town; narrow cobbled streets, ornate warm stone townhouses and countless gelato and tapas establishments lead to an imposing waterfront town hall and pretty harbour
- Visit Ciutadella's cathedral; just moments from the hotel, it dominates the skyline and holds a huge marble altar beneath its 15m-high apse
- The hotel can assist with arranging bicycle and motorcycle hire, as well as horse riding and guided tours of the Ciutadella
- Bathe in the atmospheric underground pool and steam room; robes and slippers are provided in your room
- At just 50km long, Menorca is easy to explore and the south coast is full of pretty little beaches like Cala Mitjana - check out our favourite spots on the destination guide
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
Although all ages are welcome in the hotel, the calm, romantic atmosphere makes it a popular hideaway for couples.
Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
All rooms can hold a baby cot and 2 have a double bed plus 2 in-built single beds (sleeping 4 adults and 1 baby max) - request when booking.
Baby cots are available on request.
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Hotel Tres Sants is in the Old Town of Ciutadella, on the west coast of Menorca.
Mahon (46km) is Menorca's only airport. You can take a taxi from here, but if you plan to explore the island, we'd recommend that you hire a car. There's a free car park just outside the Old Town, a short walk from the hotel.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
More on getting to Menorca and getting around
- Mahon (Maó) 46.0 km MAH
- Beach 3.0 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km