“Live like a local: 4 cosy and contemporary apartments for 2-5 near the vibrant Jordaan neighbourhood”
You have a kitchenette but it's unlikely you’ll want to eat in much, with so many cafés and restaurants in the ‘hood. While your apartment is on a quiet residential street next to a canal, you’re spitting distance from the Jordaan, Amsterdam’s most happening area (though it’s hard to keep track). What really distinguishes Kith & Kin, however, is the care given by the owners, who have personally designed and decorated every inch of the place. Their useful leaflets of local tips make you feel truly at home in the city.
- Your own little apartment, not just a hotel bedroom
- Various sizes and configurations, from 1-bed studios to 2 bedrooms, so ideal for couples, families or friends
- Funky design - a fun mix of retro and modern
- A great location, within walking distance of the Jordaan and near a tram stop for exploring the city
- Love is in the details: monogrammed bed sheets, Marie Stella Maris body-care products, books and games, fresh flowers, and welcome goodies including artisanal chocolate and local beer
- Set on the ground floor, the apartments can feel dark - though there are skylights in the bedrooms and floor-to-ceiling windows out front
- All beds are doubles (no twins), and bedrooms in the Amalia Residence and The Grand Fagel are snug
- Mosquitoes in summer - you'll want to keep the skylights closed, but this makes things stuffy
- No formal reception, but you can call the owners if you need to
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apartments
- 4 apartments for 2-5
- Self-catering; restaurants nearby
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
You don’t just get a bedroom at Kith & Kin; you get an apartment or suite with bedroom, lounge/dining area, bathroom and kitchenette. Each is configured slightly differently, accommodating 2-5 guests on beds and sofabeds, but they share the same aesthetic: clean, modern design using sustainable materials and peppered with pops of colour and flea-store finds: a periwinkle side table, framed playing cards.
Bamboo walls and Marmoleum flooring give a soothing, open vibe. Then you turn the corner and - bang! - there’s an accent wall in funky paint patterns or eye-popping wallpaper. Plants, books, games and artwork give each pad a homely, personal feel.
Don’t worry about sleep. Beds are insanely comfortable - the local Loof brand, made from 100% natural materials - and linens are crisp and fresh, with subtle Kith & Kin custom embroidery. The bathrooms are gorgeous, too, with signature terrazzo flooring, rain showers (no baths), plush towels and Marie Stella Maris bath products.
In brief, Amalia Suite is a romantic studio apartment for 2; Fagel Suite is a one-bedroom apartment for a couple or small family; Amalia Residence and The Grand Fagel both have 2 double bedrooms and space for extra guests. See Rates for full details.
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Hob or stove
- Ipod dock
- Safe box
- Smart TV
Each of the apartments has a kitchenette, equipped with a coffee maker, fridge, hob and enough cookware to produce a basic meal. There are grocery stores a short walk away.
But will you really want to eat at home? It’s unlikely, with so many restaurants, cafés and bars in the surrounding neighbourhoods. Kith & Kin's owners have created a leaflet detailing local hot spots: everything from a gourmet pizzeria down the street to a favourite, funky coffee bar in the Jordaan to a cavernous white-tablecloth restaurant converted from an old water-pumping station. All are a short walk or bike ride away; the apartments are a perfect jumping-off point for exploring Amsterdam’s burgeoning foodie scene.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Hob or stove
- Restaurants nearby
- Basic ingredients
- It's a short stroll to the vibrant Jordaan neighbourhood, packed with restaurants, cafés, galleries and independent boutiques. Another 10 minutes and you’re in the charming Nine Streets area - Amsterdam’s answer to SoHo in NYC
- The Anne Frank House is a 15-minute walk away
- Thirsty for art? The Van Gogh Museum, Rijks Museum and Stedelijk Museum are 15 minutes from your doorstep: a straight shot on the convenient Tram #3
- Paw through vintage treasures and seasonal produce at local markets: Noordermarkt (every Saturday and Monday mornings), Westerpark (some Sunday mornings) and the flea market at Waterlooplein (Monday to Saturday)
- Rent a bike to explore the canals and different neighbourhoods; there’s a hire place on nearby Westerstraat
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Theatre and live music
The ground-floor apartments are perfect for families, with 1-2 bedrooms apiece, space for an additional baby cot or single sofabed, and kitchenettes to rustle up simple meals (supermarkets nearby). The neighbourhood is family-friendly, with a terrific playground down the road and restaurants that welcome kids, including one of Amsterdam’s best gourmet pizzerias. Children aged 12 and under stay for free.
Family friendly accommodation:
Amalia Residence sleeps up to 4 in 2 double beds and has space for a baby cot. Amalia Suite sleeps 2 in a double bed and has space for a baby cot. The Grand Fagel sleeps up to 4 in 2 double beds and has space for a baby cot/single sofabed. Fagel Suite sleeps 2 in a double bed and has space for a baby cot/sofabed
With advance notice
- Baby cots
- High chairs
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Toys and books
Kids Activities nearby:
- Mini farm
- The best ice cream in Amsterdam!
Families Should Know:
None of the bedrooms can be set up as twins (2 single beds) and all bathrooms are shower only
- Airport: 20 minutes' drive (Schiphol)
- Hospital: 10 minutes' drive
- Shop: 5 minutes' walk