“A well-priced, relaxing resort on a private sandy beach near Nha Trang, where you can switch off in serious style”
This ultra-stylish retreat is somehow equally suited to families, couples looking for a romantic break and groups of friends who want to kick back and chill out. You'd think the 3 couldn't mix but they do. Perhaps because all the tiny details are taken care of, so all you have to do is just 'be'. Smiley, efficient staff remember your name and bring complimentary fruit and iced water to your beachside lounger; toiletries in your room include aftersun and mosquito repellent. You'll even spot gardeners trimming the edges of the perfectly manicured lawns with scissors so as not to disturb your peace. Spend lazy mornings in the spa, snooze by the infinity pool or go snorkelling in the afternoon, then drink lychee, ginger and lemongrass mojitos as the sun goes down.
- Chic and spacious rooms with private outdoor space and gorgeous bathrooms. Some have infinity plunge pools
- Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, and speak very good English
- Delicious, beautifully presented Vietnamese and Western food in the restaurant, plus an excellent breakfast buffet with fruit smoothies and crepes
- A restorative retreat from the hectic pace of Vietnam's cities
- Great activities on offer: cookery lessons, paddle boarding and complimentary T’ai Chi and yoga
- Full pre-payment taken on reservation for Peak Season stays
- The coastal road runs directly behind the resort so you hear the occasional truck pass by
- It’s a 20-minute drive to Nha Trang for other restaurants; there's nothing within walking distance. There are regular shuttle buses but they stop running at 6.30pm so if you go out for dinner you'll need to take a taxi back
- Some accommodation is a fair distance from the restaurant. If you have poor mobility, you’ll need to rely on the hotel buggies to get around
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Beach Resort
- Restaurant and bar (open daily)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Concierge Service
- Cookery classes
The condos and villas are all scattered around the resort, some beachside, some on a hillside or clifftop, all shaded by greenery for privacy. Décor-wise, they have a similar style: oak furniture, stone walls, bamboo mats, creamy drapes, colourful silk cushions and a wall of glass doors leading to your private outdoor space. Here you'll find a wicker table and chairs or sun loungers. Bathrooms are gorgeous and spacious, with double sinks, a shower, a bathtub, soft towelling robes and own-brand toiletries.
Best value are the Condos, grouped between 2 stone buildings. Choose from a Garden View (you can still see the ocean but you’re higher up the hill), Ocean View (as you'd expect) or a 2-bedroom Family Beachfront Condo, with a double and twin bedroom (suitable for kids up to the age of 12), plus a kitchenette and living area.
The standalone Villas are bigger, with a large alfresco sofa-d lounge, a hammock and sun loungers. They also have an outdoor shower, in addition to their decadent ensuite sunken tubs. Kingsize beds are romantic four-posters. Garden Villas have a big private lawn; Oceanfront Villas have a plunge pool and direct beach access; Cliff Villas have a plunge pool, panoramic sea views and maximum privacy. The huge 5 Bedroom Luxury Beachfront Residence has an infinity pool. All are beautiful so, pool aside, it’s really just personal preference as to the setting. We slept in a Garden Villa and felt like we had the best of both worlds - a private garden directly in front of our bedroom, with the ocean view beyond.
The best rooms are the 2 Bedroom Cliff Villas - 2 connecting villas with a shared lounge, kitchenette and dining area in the middle, plus a 10m plunge pool. These are ideal for a family with older children or a group of friends.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Ipod dock
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
Meals are served in the airy Sandals restaurant, which overlooks the beach and pool. Breakfast is an enormous buffet with everything you could possibly want, from sweet pastries to fresh fruit and cereals, and a station where a chef cooks crepes on request. If you want to tuck into a typical Vietnamese breakfast, options include chicken noodle soup and Bo Ne (fried eggs and grilled beef). And if you still don’t have enough choice, you can order à la carte: all kinds of eggs, waffles, a delicious mushroom and chorizo frittata, plus smoothies and juices.
The lunch and dinner menu is a mix of Western and Vietnamese options. Beautifully presented and packed with flavour, we loved tasting the local dishes: Goi Cuon (slices of pork with prawns, noodles and mixed herbs, wrapped in rice paper), Canh Chua Ca Loc (fresh river fish in a sweet and sour broth) and V't Kho Sa (duck simmered with lemongrass in a traditional clay pot). There are also Western specials that change every day. Friday night is Italian, with create-your-own pizza; on Saturdays there's an excellent seafood barbecue on the beach (weather permitting), and Sunday is a roast-dinner buffet.
You can ask in advance for a picnic hamper and eat on the beach or in the gardens, or get food delivered to your sun lounger. The bar, Mojito’s, serves sandwiches all day, and tea and cakes from 3-5pm every afternoon.
If you want a change of scene, staff can advise on eateries in Nha Trang.
- Children's meals
- Coffee / tea making
- Private dining / picnic baskets
- Room service
- Vegetarian menu
- Laze by the infinity pool and try the signature mojitos
- Go kayaking and paddle boarding in the bay, or swim around to the next bay and snorkel on the coral reef; the hotel has equipment to hire
- Staff can arrange diving lessons and other watersports
- Chill out in the beautifully designed Xanh Spa. We loved the banana body wrap and there's a whole host of massages and facials on offer, plus a steam room
- Join a complimentary yoga class on the beach or the twice-weekly T’ai Chi lesson
- Sign up for a Vietnamese cooking class. We tried the beginners level one and learnt how to make green mango and prawn salad, caramelised mackerel (particularly delicious) and Bun Cha (pork strips with fresh noodles). If you’re feeling confident try the advanced morning class, which begins with a trip to the market in Nha Trang
- Take advantage of the hotel’s free shuttle bus and pop into Nha Trang. As well as the daily Dam market for shopping, you can visit the Cham Ponagar Temple and the Long Son Pagoda, famous for its white Buddha statue
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Cooking classes
- Historical sites
- Paddle boarding
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving courses
- Shopping / markets
- T’ai Chi
- Traditional cultures
- Well being
Children of all ages are welcome. The hotel can provide baby cots, extra beds and a babysitting service, plus there's a kids' club.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Family Condos have 2 ensuite bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin), plus a living room area and a small kitchenette with a microwave. Mia Suites also have 2 bedrooms, but both are doubles. The 5 Bedroom Beachfront Villa is huge. Other room types can fit an extra bed or baby cot; Mia Suites can fit 2 extra beds or baby cots
A reliable babysitting service on an hourly basis or overnight (babysitters will sleep in the same room as the children)
- Baby cots
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
A kids' room with a Nintendo Wii and regular children’s movies. The kids' club is held here at weekends (3-13 year-olds). They decorate cupcakes, paint etc
A kids' menu in Sandals - typical dishes are toasties, fish fingers and spaghetti bolognese. Staff can make purees or warm bottles for babies.
Kids Activities on site:
- Swimming pool
- Children's spa treatments for 5-13 year-olds (massages, facials, manicures and pedicures)
- Kayaks, paddle boards and snorkelling gear to hire
Families Should Know:
The pool is not fenced
- Airport: 26km (Nha Trang)
- Shops, including a pharmacy: 26km
- Hospital: 26km
Mia Resort is situated in Cam Lam Bay, 20 minutes from Nha Trang airport and 25 minutes from the town of Nha Trang, on the east coast of Vietnam.
Nha Trang's Cam Ranh Airport (26km away) is the closest. It's served by domestic airlines from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Danang (from other cities you will have to go via these airports). If you're coming from Europe, you'll probably fly into Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi; from there, you can either transfer onto an internal flight, or travel overland to Nha Trang if you're planning a longer trip. Click on the links below for a list of airlines.
From the Airport
The hotel can arrange a transfer; you’ll be met by English-speaking staff with cool flannels and water. Otherwise, you can jump in a taxi.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Vietnam and getting around
- Nha Trang Cam Ranh 26.0 km NHA
- Ho Chi Minh Tan Son Nhat International 418.0 km SGN
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 26.0 km
- Restaurant 26.0 km