“An incredible sanctuary of 11 beachfront villas on a private island, 20 minutes by helicopter from Mahé; the ultimate tropical escape”
'Spoil, surprise and personalise' is the North Island motto and there are more than 100 happy staff to back it up. Each villa has a personal attendant; boat captains and private chefs are always on-call. Whether you want to sip champagne and eat canapés on a sunset cruise or dine under a blanket of stars on the sea shore, it can be arranged - fixed menus don't exist here. It's whispered that some very famous feet have strolled the sands of this tranquil Eden - we can't wait to join the A-list.
- An all-inclusive paradise: eat sushi and drink cocktails all day long, learn to scuba dive or try beach yoga and stand-up paddle-boarding
- Utterly beautiful beach villas: enormous and open-plan, with plunge pools and total privacy
- A gorgeous spa; you're welcomed with a 'barefoot ritual' treatment and spa consultation
- Exemplary 'Noah's Ark' conservation ethos that has returned sea turtles, giant tortoises and native birds to this amazing island
- Great for families too, with masses of space, fun activities and 'beach buddies' to entertain kids and give parents a break; under 17s stay for free
- It was never going to be cheap, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- You can only get here by helicopter (extra cost)
- Bathrooms are partially open to the elements, and sometimes shared with bugs, lizards and bats
- Just 2 restaurants and a bar, but you can also request in-room dining or private tables wherever you want - the entire island is at your disposal
- Depending on the season, some villas have rocky beach access, due to shifting beach sands
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Resort
- All inclusive (2 restaurants and a bar)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
Constructed from takamaka trees, the 10 Presidential Villas are absolutely glorious, with glossy teak floors and sand-blasted pine decks. Strung in a row along East Beach, they are completely private from one another, with sea views from a canopied 'sala', a round plunge pool, and a butler on-call, should you want anything.
Inside, we're told they feel lofty and sprawling, the open-plan layout encompassing a sleeping and living/dining area, and flowing seamlessly out onto the deck, where further sofas and loungers await. There's an indoor and outdoor shower, a tub surrounded by candles in the sleek 'bath house', and the stone-walled kitchenette is well-stocked with drinks and snacks. We love the curvy 60s chairs, and how the mod-tech 'movie lounge' can double up as a kids' bedroom.
At the far end of the beach, perched on a granite boulder, is the Villa North Island (aka No 11). Here, the resort's concept of 'one couple to a castle' is strictly adhered to - children are not allowed. The multi-tiered villa has the same beach-luxe style as the other villas but on an even larger scale. Sumptuous, secluded, it's made for honeymooners. Just ask Will and Kate.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Mosquito net
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
In the morning, you simply ring your butler to order breakfast, whatever time you like. Whether you fancy a full English, tropical fruits or just coffee and croissants, it will be delivered promptly with a beaming smile. Enjoy it at your villa's rosewood table, facing the ocean; the ultimate view.
Have a beach picnic for lunch - baskets can be tailor-made but will undoubtedly include crusty ciabatta, cheeses, fruit nougat and champagne. Note, you don't have to be newlyweds to book the pretty Honeymoon Beach exclusively for your alfresco midday meal.
Or head to the West Beach Bar for casual, feet-in-the-sand snacking - sushi, grilled crayfish, barbecue tapas. Kids can create their own pizzas while parents sip mojitos made with bitter oranges.
Later, candlelit dinners at the Piazza restaurant by the shore are a delight. Seafood is caught daily and can be served with Creole spices, in a squid-ink pasta or just sashimi-ed up in a platter. The choice is yours and you're spoilt for choice.
For a secret midnight snack, spoil yourself in your villa’s decadent private pantry, stocked with sweet and savoury treats and tailored to your preferences.
- All meals included
- Children's meals
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Dinner by arrangement
- Organic produce
- Room service
- Scuba diving/snorkelling: PADI-certified instructors will help experts and novices explore the underwater coral reefs; or simply snorkel through shoals of colourful fish in the crystal waters. Diving lessons and certification are included
- Kayaking / stand-up paddle-boarding: for those who like to keep their heads above water, there are 2-person kayaks, SUP boards, body boards, surfboards and, for the truly fit, kite-surfers
- Fishing: catch your own supper on thrilling half-day expeditions. You'll be trawling for yellowfin tuna, red snapper and dorado
- Sunset cruises/island-hopping: enjoy a private sunset cruise around the island or charter a boat to other Seychelles islands - Mahé, Praslin, La Digue and the bird islands Aride, Cousin and Cousine
- Walking: head up short-but-steep Spa Hill for a sunrise
breakfast or follow a resident environmentalist on a guided hike along the longer Bernica or Grand Paloss trails through dense forest to secret shores
- Or explore by bike: each villa has its own and the 2km square island has shady forest paths that are easy to ride along
- Private movies: watch classic movies on a ‘sail-screen’ hung up between two palms on the beach – just the two of you
- Swim in the pool, bliss out with herbal treatments in the spa or join sunrise yoga classes on the beach
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Body boarding
- Cooking classes
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving courses
- Stand-up paddle boarding
- Turtle hatching
- Well being
Children are warmly welcome and under 17s stay for free. You don't need to worry about disturbing the honeymooners' peace: there's so much space that you'll feel completely comfortable with kids of any age. Villas are enormous, and set well away from each other along the shoreline. Each has a plunge pool and butler service. Kids will love the beach, watersports and exploring the forests, and there's an ingenious 'beach buddy' system, where a member of staff tailor-makes activities for your child(ren) to give you some downtime.
Family friendly accommodation:
The Presidential Villas can each fit 1-2 children, using their TV lounge as a second double/twin bedroom; kids under 16 stay free of charge
Babysitting on request for no additional cost, if a trained child-minder is required one can be arranged from Mahe at additional cost
Baby cots and high chairs
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids can dine in both restaurants and North Island's chefs will prepare dishes to suit individual preferences. Children can make their own pizzas in West Beach Bar
Kids Activities on site:
- Stand-up paddleboarding
- Treasure hunts
- Cooking lessons
- Spa treatments
- Boat trips
- PADI Bubblemaker
- GPS tortoise tracking
- Tree planting
- Toys and books
- Sandcastle making
Families Should Know:
The plunge pools are unfenced
- Airport: 20 minutes by helicopter, 1.5 hours by boat (Seychelles International Airport)
- Hospital: 27km (Mahé), there is a resident nurse on North Island
North Island is one of the 42 inner Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean. Also known as Ile du Nord, it is 27km from the main island of Mahé: 20 minutes by helicopter.
Fly into Seychelles International Airport on Mahé. From here, the resort will arrange a helicopter transfer (not included in the nightly rates). It is a private island so they will need to do this for you.
Detailed information will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to the Seychelles
- Seychelles International Airport 27.0 km SEZ
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 4.0 km
- Restaurant 4.0 km