“Three stunning ocean-front villas for 2-5 with a small private cove, on a tranquil headland in eastern Zakynthos (Zante)”
To swim, guests walk down to the private rocky cove or stroll 5 minutes to the quiet sandy village beach. To eat, there are the villas’ modern kitchens and a BBQ or Ammoudi’s trad tavernas. For divers or sailors, the Ionian Sea has secluded coves and spectacular caves to explore. For children, the lush shared garden has a playground. For everything else, there’s concierge-style service from the Paradisso team. We’re so excited to have discovered their exceptional villas in this hidden corner of Zakynthos and can’t wait to stay.
- The villas are impeccably decorated; 1 for a couple, 2 for 4-5
- A lovely welcome basket with seasonal fruit and veg, coffee, Greek wine and olive oil, and homemade desserts every other day
- Steps from uncrowded beaches with crystal-clear waters
- Daily villa cleaning and a shared laundry room
- For kids, a play area with slides and swings, plus a ping-pong table
- No pool
- Be aware 2 villas are in the same building (but well separated)
- Bathrooms are rather small
- Ammoudi village has limited amenities; drive to Zakynthos Town (20 mins) for a wider range of restaurants and shops
- Boutique Villas
- 3 rentals for 2-5
- Self catering (restaurants nearby)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Creche / Kids Club
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Laundry Service
There are 3 villas: 1 for a couple, 2 for 4-5. Margarita (sleeps 4-5+ a baby), in its own building, is ideal for a family or group of friends. On the ground floor, a stone fireplace separates the living and kitchen/dining area, which leads to a garden patio. Past a mezzanine floor, with master double bedroom and bathroom, you reach the second bedroom (2 single beds) and bathroom. The villa has 2 sea-facing verandas: a broad wooden deck with sunloungers and dining table, and a smaller balcony with canopied loveseat on the top floor. An additional guest can sleep in a sofabed in the lounge.
Alexandros (sleeping 4 + a baby) is on the ground floor of a shared building (but completely private). Inside, a bright open-plan kitchen/lounge, 2 smart bedrooms (1 queensize, 1 twin), ensuite shower bathrooms, and a big wooden balcony. A green lawn sweeps down to its clifftop terrace where there's a beautiful 4-poster daybed, in addition to sunloungers and a dining table.
Upstairs, Antonia (sleeping 2 + a baby) is a couples' bolthole. We love its pale-blue and white tones, spread across the double bedroom, kitchen/lounge, seaview balcony and a hammock.
- Air conditioning
- Beach towels
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Full kitchen
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
The villas are self-catering with well-equipped kitchens and a BBQ. You'll find a bottle of wine (for booking through i-escape), bottled water, Greek olive oil, hand-made marmalade and coffee awaiting you. Ammoudi's mini-markets have morning basics like coffee, juice and bread, and it's a short drive to the big AB supermarket for a full grocery shop. Or ask Antonia to source fresh fish for your supper - a local fisherman will deliver his morning catch and you can grill it on the shared BBQ that night!
For lunch out, Ammoudi Taverna is cheap and cheerful, right on the beach. We hear Shoestring restaurant does a decent burger. For dinner, Kritamo is a lively family-owned spot in the village, that serves up pizza and fun Greek music nights. Zakynthos Town 15km away has lots of restaurants - ask for recommendations.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Restaurants nearby
- Welcome hamper
- Swim from the rocky cove beneath the villas; there are sunloungers here, too
- The villas have direct access to Ammoudi's village beach - sandy and clean, if rather narrow; you can hire snorkels and kayaks here
- Discover other beaches – Navagio Beach, with the famous shipwreck on its sands, or Xygia, with its therapeutic sulphur waters
- Tour the stunning Blue Caves by boat: their luminous waters and rock arches are glorious (and popular, so go early)
- Scuba dive – there are dive sites off the Keri Bay for experienced divers; Paradisso can arrange PADI-instruction for novices
- Watersports fans can head to Alykes Beach (2km) for jet-skiing, windsurfing, water-skiing, and paragliding; a waterpark for kids is a quick drive away
- Climb up Bohali Hill in Zakynthos town – the ancient Venetian castle at its highest point has a magnificent view of the harbour
- Yoga and Pilates are offered by Paradisso – helicopter tours, horse riding and bike/scooter hire can also be arranged
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Jet skiing
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
Best Time to go
Our Top Tips
Paradisso Beach Villas are located on the east coast of Zakynthos (Zante) island, by the village of Ammoudi, 15km from Zakynthos Town.
Fly into Zakynthos International Airport (18km) and book a transfer or hire a car to get here. Each villa has a parking space.
Alternatively, ferry here from one of the other islands (Kefalonia is close), and take a taxi.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
More on getting to Greece and getting around
- Zakynthos International Airport 18.0 km ZTH
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 0.3 km
- Restaurant 0.3 km