“A wonderful villa with chic and airy interiors, wraparound terrace, pool, gardens, fruit orchards and beaches nearby (sleeps 8-10)”
"I've visited i-escape properties in India and Europe, and wanted to capture their breezy style and personal touch", explained Mia. She's certainly done that in spades. Open-plan interiors have double-aspect windows, white walls and beams, gleaming microcement floors and French windows to the pool. Bold monochrome prints, upcycled tables and stacks of pink or lavender scatter cushions add homely beauty. All 4 bedrooms are superbly equipped (thick mattress toppers, sliding window nets), as are the chic living spaces (Sonos sound system, hi-tech kitchen island). Outside are daybeds, an amoeba-shaped pool and a shady dining terrace; across the lawns are a covered BBQ, 3 acres of fruit orchards (fresh oranges for squeezing), and a granny flat if you need it. Mallorcan country villas don't come much better than this.
- It really feels like a private paradise, with fruit orchards, Balinese daybeds, rustling palms and no neighbours in sight!
- We loved the creamy interiors lifted by splashes of colour - including a gorgeous, gold-lit shell artwork in the living room
- The kitchen is a delight to cook in, with a sociable layout and super-stylish equipment (check out the pop-up extractor hood)
- There's tons of space for everyone, including a movie room with smart TV to keep teens happy
- We're the first to feature this villa, so you can get in before the agencies arrive (and prices go up)
- You need to drive to reach beaches, shops and restaurants (though only about 5km)
- With 4-5 bedrooms, it's larger than a family might need - so bring the parents or nanny, or another lucky family!
- If you're coming with lots of kids, bear in mind that only 1 of the bedrooms has twin beds
- It's not the most toddler-friendly
- 7-night stays only (Saturday-Saturday)
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villa
- 3 doubles, 1 double/twin + 1 twin
- Self-catering (restaurants nearby)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Twice weekly maid service
The finca has an airy, semi-open-plan living-dining-kitchen area, a separate movie room, and 4 bedrooms - plus a 1-bedroom granny flat at the bottom of the garden if you need it.
3 of the bedrooms are downstairs: a child-friendly poolside twin with ensuite bathroom, and 2 lovely doubles (1 with French windows to the pool, the other with French windows to the lawned gardens), sharing a spacious shower room between them.
The 4th bedroom, a huge and gorgeous master double, is upstairs in what Mia calls the tower, with views in every direction: Formentor peninsula, Pollensa Bay and inland over fields to the jagged Tramuntana mountains. It also boasts 2 private sunbathing terraces, so that at any time of day one is in the sun and out of the wind.
All 4 bedrooms sport a clean white look, with a close-up floral print and a bright counterpane for colour. Expect pocket-sprung mattresses with thick toppers, stacks of pillows (we counted 8 per bed), plenty of wardrobe space, air-con and sliding mozzie nets on the windows. Driftwood tables and ceramic oil jar lamps give a sense of place. Bathrooms are a tad less chic, sporting their original Spanish tiling, but perfectly functional, with toiletries, towels and robes provided.
The separate granny flat (annexe) at the bottom of the garden is a tranquil, self-contained space for a couple, with 1 double bedroom, a kitchenette, a sitting room and a small shower room.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Mosquito net
- Satellite TV
- Sonos music system
- Swimming pool
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
We loved the bright and beautifully styled kitchen, with its raised cooking island, bar seating and gadgets galore. Mia has cleverly opened up internal walls, so that it flows into the dining area (table for 6), down a couple of steps to the cosy sitting room (sofas, fireplace) and back up again into the kitchen - the whole space flooded with light.
Cooks will appreciate the sleek black induction hob (with concealed extractor that rises at the push of a button), 2 full-height fridge-freezers, sharp knife set, top-notch pans, Nespresso machine, wine cooler and juicer (handy for all those fresh oranges outside).
In warmer weather (i.e. May through September) you'll want to eat outside on the lovely wraparound terrace, whose large table is handily placed in sight of the pool. Alfresco chefs will also enjoy the separate barbecue, as well as the grapefruit, pomegranate, fig and kumquat trees which you are welcome to raid.
For a break, you can book a local chef to create bespoke tapas spreads and delicious Mallorcan seafood dishes; or head out to any number of restaurants in Pollensa, Alcudia or their respective port towns.
- Chef on request
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Shopping service
- Head to the beach: the long sands of Puerto Pollensa and Puerto Alcudia are nearest (5km, watersports available), the Playa de Formentor (20km or boat from Puerto Pollensa) is lovely and pine-fringed, Coll Baix is wild and rugged
- Visit one of the lively weekly fruit, veg and craft markets in Pollensa's old town (Sunday), Puerto de Pollensa (Wednesday) or Alcudia (Tuesday and Sunday)
- Explore the dramatic Formentor peninsula by car, bike or boat: a sweeping roller-coaster of rocky peaks and coastal cliffs culminating in a dramatic lighthouse; start early to avoid the crowds
- Ask the caretaker Sonia about wind- and kite-surfing, yacht- and boat charters, water skiing, or scuba diving
- Take a hike: the excellent Rother guide has 10 nearby, including the spectacular ascent of 445m Talaia d'Alcudia from the Ermitá de la Victoria, and a vertiginous cliff path to the Penya del Migdia lookout
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Mountain biking
- Scuba diving
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
The villa would work well for one or two families with children of almost any age. There's a pool outside, beaches nearby and plenty of family activities on the island.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
- Family of 4-5: use the 3 downstairs bedrooms (2 doubles and 1 twin)
- Two families: use all 4 bedrooms in the main house - and (as the lead booker) grab the master double for yourself!
- Bringing parents/nanny: add the annexe at the bottom of the garden
- High chair
- Baby cot
- Pool fence available with prior notice
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Swimming pool and inflatable toys
- Board games
- DVDs and Smart TV
Kids Activities nearby:
- Boat trips from Puerto Pollensa
- Watersports at Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia
- 'Hidropark' at Alcudia, with slides, wave pools, water-walking balls
- Horse rides on the beach at Pollensa
Families Should Know:
The house has hard surfaces, a few internal steps and white fabrics - not ideal for toddlers
- Supermarket: 10 mins (Alcudia)
- Chemist: 10 mins (Alcudia)
- Hospital: 12 mins (Alcudia)
The villa is located halfway between the towns of Pollensa and Alcudia, in the northern part of Mallorca.
Fly to Palma (58km).
From the Airport:
You'll need to hire a car as the villa is in the middle of countryside. See our car rental recommendations. The villa has a gated drive and carpark.
Detailed directions are provided when the booking is confirmed through i-escape.com.
- Palma de Mallorca 58.0 km PMI
- Beach 4.0 km
- Shops 5.0 km
- Restaurant 5.0 km