A peaceful, tranquil villa for 2-7, surrounded by tropical forest but close to Calangute town and North Goa's famous beaches”
A small team of staff, who have been with the owners for years, operate the villa like a well-run home. The 3 bedrooms (2 doubles, 1 twin/double) and sprawling living areas are kept spotless, the chef’s services are complimentary (you only pay for the ingredients), or taxis can be summoned to reach a long list of local dining options. Golden Calangute Beach is near but you'd be forgiven for wanting to just laze at home and enjoy the peace and infinity pool.
- An idyllically quiet location, yet walking distance from Calangute town; very rare
- Owners Hans and Sucheta, who live next door, are wonderfully jovial and welcoming hosts
- Far more space for your money than staying at a hotel
- A huge infinity pool, surrounded by nothing but tropical canopy as far as the eye can see
- No need for a hire car, you can get around in cheap taxis
- Meals are not included, though the chef’s services are complimentary
- No stag/hen or similar parties allowed, and no outside guests
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villa
- 3 bedrooms
- Breakfast + other meals on request
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Laundry Service
Each of Summertime's 3 rooms - Koi, Coral, and Sunflower - are of an equal size; that size being absolutely gargantuan. Even their ensuite bathrooms are bigger than most hotel rooms. They are decorated in vibrant colours, with lamps sourced in Pondicherry. Paintings of local birdlife by acclaimed local artist Carl D’Silva add some character to the walls, whilst jaunty cushions and personal knick-knacks make it feel like a home.
On the ground floor, the Koi Suite, named after its private sit out next to a bubbling koi pond, is totally relaxing, and very in-keeping with the villa’s Balinese influences. Upstairs, the Sunflower Suite has separate twin beds (ideal for kids sharing, though they can be joined to make a palatial 8.5-foot bed if you prefer). The Coral Suite has a gorgeous four-poster bed, whimsically romantic, with cascading white drapes. Ensuite bathrooms have fabulous rain showers with warm water from solar panels on the roof.
Downstairs is an open-plan flow of light-filled living areas: a bright coral lounge of wicker sofas; indoor and outdoor dining tables, then terraces surrounding the infinity pool.
- Air conditioning
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
- Swimming pool
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
Much of Summertime's fruit and vegetable produce comes from their organic garden, so menus are full of seasonal options. Summertime provides a trained chef free of charge. You need to pay only for the ingredients; you can go shopping for them yourself, or the chef can do it for you on your instructions. It’s home-style cooking, made to your tastes, and the chef knows a variety of cuisines, so it’s best to discuss with him what you would like. It helps to order meals a few hours earlier, but lots of options are available, from larger, elaborate meals to simpler sandwich-style lunches. Maybe start your day with healthy fruit platters and moreish homemade granola, and eggs to order. Or, if you’d like to try something a little different, an Indian breakfast of masala dosa and idli.
For a change of scene, try A Reverie, Cafe Chocolatti, and Pousada by the Beach, all minutes away in Calangute.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Dinner by arrangement
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- In house cook
- Lunch by arrangement
- Restaurants nearby
- Vegetarian menu
- Relax. Swim in the infinity pool, then sunbathe, then cool off in the lounging pool with its sunken benches. Sit and read in the unique bibliochaise (a chair built into a bookcase!). Practice your sun salutations in the gardens (yoga mats are provided). Book an in-villa massage with a local therapist
- Two of Goa's most popular beaches (Calangute and Candolim) are a short drive away, with golden sands, shack restaurants and bars, and watersports
- You needn't travel further than your own sun terrace to spot Goa's colourful birdlife - we saw black hooded oriole and a white throated kingfisher (there are binoculars and birding books in the villa). Ardent twitchers can also visit Salim Ali's Bird Sanctuary, one of India's finest, with woodpeckers and purple herons
- Half an hour away, Panjim’s Latin Quarter, Fontainhas, is a quaint and colourful reminder of the city’s colonial past. Or visit Old Goa, where towering churches give a sense of Velha Goa's heritage significance as the seat of Christianity in Asia
- Vagator and Morjim beaches are under an hour's drive
- Calangute is fun for a night out, with bars and nightclubs
Families are warmly welcomed, one child is free under 6 and there's a maximum occupancy of 7 people (including children). Though not specially tailored towards children (no kids clubs or activities) Summertime Villa is an ideal family stay. Ample grounds and a lovely pool give plenty of space for everyone to spread out. Feed the koi fish, swim in the pool, get sandy on the beach, or explore Calangute on foot; high-speed internet will keep teenagers happy.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
There are 2 kingsize bedrooms and 1 twin bedroom, which are all of equal size, and each has a separate dressing room, space for an extra bed or baby cot. For older children the jolly Sunflower Suite (twin beds) is the best option, for parents with a baby or toddler we suggest the ground floor Koi Suite is best
Kids Activities on site:
- Large swimming pool plus a shallow leisure pool
- Pool toys and loungers
- Sprawling tropical gardens to explore
- Feed the fish in the Koi pond
- Bird watching (bird books and binoculars are available)
- Children's DVDs
- Lots of toys, games, books, puzzles to share
- Paints, crayons, colouring books
Families Should Know:
Some of the landscaped slopes may be slippery for toddlers. The swimming pool is unfenced and children must have an adult supervising them while swimming
- Airport: 45 minutes' drive (Goa)
- Shops and restaurants: 5 mins' drive (Calangute)
- Hospital: 5 mins' drive (Calangute)
Summertime Villa is set on a hilltop just outside Calangute (one of North Goa's most popular towns) and 5km from Candolim beach in the Bardez province of Goa.
Dabolim International 38km/a 45-minute drive) is the closest airport. Arrival transfers from here are complimentary, and you can book return transfers with Hans.
If you're already in India, you can reach Goa by train. See Konkan Railway if you're coming from Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Mysore, Pune or Hyderabad. If you're coming from the south of India or Kerala, visit Indian Rail for timetables and fares.
The villa can arrange cars with drivers for local excursions and day trips.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
More on getting to Goa and getting around
- Goa Dabolim 38.0 km GOI
- Beach 5.0 km
- Shops 4.0 km
- Restaurant 4.0 km