“The ultimate in modern living, in a stylish and welcoming retreat for the discerning traveler, close to the Star Ferry”
The lobby bar, with dark mahogany wooden furniture, brass detailing and bottle-green accents, evokes the feeling of relaxing inside a luxury yacht without the pretentiousness. A space in which you can enjoy the simple pleasures in life like a good book or a refreshing midday G&T. Whether or not the primary purpose for your Hong Kong visit pays off, a stay here will ensure it’s not a wasted journey.
- Stylish art-deco interiors (the hotel was completely revamped in 2017)
- Rooms have everything you need: top linens, bathrobes, Apple TVs.
- Service is impeccable, and always with a smile, ensuring the experience is far from the typical impersonal hotel
- Steps from Causeway Bay and Star Ferry, one block from nearest subway station; can take train with one change all way to airport
- The excellent Italian restaurant
- Located in Wanchai, it’s a little removed from Central - but perfect for events at the Convention and Exhibition Centre across the road
- Although spacious, Extra Large rooms lack a separate living area
- With 66 rooms it’s bigger than most i-escape properties
Best time to go
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant (open daily)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Concierge Service
Each of the ship-cabin-inspired rooms has been thoughtfully designed for maximum comfort and charm. Décor is classic, but not kitsch, and stylish throughout. Sleep off your jet-lag in wonderfully large beds or unwind from the frenetic city in boxy modern armchairs.
There are 4 room types – Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large. All share the same style (the difference is just how much space you want) and are fitted with state-of-the-art facilities; luxury bed linens, Apple TVs and custom designed Shen Nong amenities.
Every room has a framed print of old Hong Kong, providing an opportunity to marvel over how much the skyline has changed in recent years. A small angular copper statuette in a wall recess adds another touch of personality.
- Air conditioning
- Apple TV
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Internet access
- Irons and ironing boards
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
Downstairs, Osteria Marzia is an Italian restaurant, inspired by the diverse and colourful cuisine of the nation’s most iconic seaside towns. From the Tuscan Coast through Campania, Amalfi and Puglia to southern Sicily, dishes are humming with freshness. Accented with nautical design and details, the lofty dining space is reminiscent of a sunny maritime holiday in Italy.
The menu is simple but far from boring, with a selection of dishes not typically served in other Italian restaurants – chitarri pasta with Boston lobster, Hamachi crudo and Lombata beef sirloin. If you’re not tempted by the impressive wine list, the juices are really delicious - try the Bright Spark (cranberry, apple, lime and bitters) or the Adrian (ginger ale, apple and lime).
Breakfast is a self-service buffet with fresh pastries and bagels, fruit platters, cereals, yoghurt, salads, smoked salmon, cold cuts, and hot items such as baked beans, ham, bacon, sausage, patties and eggs every which way - all are delicious. The juices are freshly squeezed and the coffee just-roasted. If you’re still hungry, head chef, Luca Marinelli, can whip you up something extra off the à la carte menu. All in all, a very good start to the day!
- Coffee / tea making
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Vegetarian menu
- Take the century-old tram - the world’s steepest - up to Victoria Peak to marvel at the incredible skyline
- Catch the nearby Star Ferry from Wanchai over to Kowloon and watch the awesome Symphony of Light for free from the viewing platform by the ferry terminal, at 8pm every evening
- Work out the stress with an exercise class, yoga class, in the sauna or on the machines at the Goji Studios gym across the road, membership of which is complimentary for The Fleming’s guests
- Shop, shop, shop - every conceivable brand is represented here and it would be a crime not to take advantage
- There are also 3 museums 20 minutes' drive away to visit: Hong Kong Science Museum, Hong Kong Space Museum and Hong Kong Cultural Centre
- Take a cooking course in Towngas Cooking Centre, which has classes in both Cantonese and English
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Cooking classes
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
There's actually a lot for children in Hong Kong, and you can get to see it all on cheap punctual public transport. Restaurants are exciting and varied, there's an outdoor escalator and plethora of skywalks to discover.
Family friendly accommodation:
All rooms can fit an extra bed for a child or a baby cot
Available by arrangement
Baby cots are available on request
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities nearby:
- Climb (by taxi or tram) The Peak for superlative views across the city and the Mount Austin playground
- Beaches on the south or east coast of the island, busiest at weekends; Deep Water Bay is the closest to Central, there's also Repulse Bay and Shek O, the latter considered best for families with mini-golf and bikes to rent
- Ferry ride to Discovery Bay on Lantau Island
- Hong Kong consists of more than 200 islands, offering hiking, botanic gardens, aviaries, countryside, bike rides
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong Museum of History
- Museum of Coastal Defence
- Hong Kong Ocean Park
- Maritime Museum
- Shops: 1 minute walk
The Fleming is in the Wan Chai business and entertainment district close to the water on Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong.The nearest MTR station is Wanchai Station, Exit A1.
Fly directly to Hong Kong International (25km) (aka Chep Lap Kok) with any number of carriers; click on the links below for a list of airlines serving this airport.
From the Airport
The hotel can arrange a transfer - see Rates. A taxi will take around half an hour on a good day. Otherwise, take the Airport Express to Central and change onto the Island Line on the efficient MTR metro system for two stops to Wan Chai. From there, it’s a 5-minute walk to the hotel.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.com.
- Hong Kong, Chep Lap Kok 25.0 km HKG
- Beach 7.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 0.6 km