“Tranquil and friendly resort of rustic-chic sea-facing cottages, set on a lush hillside above a remote sandy beach”
The resort offers excursions to all of the island’s highlights, but most guests come here to get away from it all, and so did we. A morning yoga session on the beach, followed by a snorkel in the beautiful bay with countless fish, kept us busy until lunchtime. Afternoons were spent napping in the oversized hammock on our porch, drowsily watching the vibrant garden we shared with several hummingbirds, before heading to the cliff-edge spa for a divine hot stone massage.
This is a remote place to unplug and unwind - and if the lullaby of waves crashing down on the cliffs, accompanied by wind chimes and balmy breezes, isn’t enough to make you sleep oh-so-soundly, then the potent sunset rum cocktails certainly will.
Information provided by Ti Kaye on 21/10/2020.
Cleaning and hygiene
COVID-19 Compliant under the guidelines of the Ministry of Tourism & The Ministry of Health. Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures in place.
- This is an adults-only resort - wonderfully peaceful with friendly staff
- All cottages are secluded and have sea views; some have private pools, too
- Beautiful sandy beach with great diving and snorkelling
- Fabulous early morning yoga sessions on the beach, and countless other activities to choose from
- Superb spa and Jacuzzi with incredible views
- Rainbows for breakfast and spectacular cocktail-hour sunsets – every day of our stay!
- The massive potholes on the path from the main coastal road to the resort make for a rather bumpy (and somewhat adventurous) ride, but with a 4x4 it’s no problem
- The beach is gorgeous, but comes with a steep, 166-step schlep
- Somewhat isolated, it’s a 30-minute drive to the nearest restaurant
- The ambiance is aimed at couples, so it's not ideal for solo travellers
- The activities and excursions can be pricey, so perhaps hire a car if independence is a priority
Best time to go
Our top tips
Lunch at scenic Marigot Bay with its colourful, picture-perfect backdrop was one of our absolute highlights.
Wherever you go, bring lots of mosquito repellent. The insects here mean business.”
- Beach Resort
- Restaurant and bar (open daily)
- Over 18s welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
All rooms and cottages are sea-facing; palms and bougainvillea screen you from your neighbours and add dashes of intense colour.
The rustic and breezy wooden bungalows have white-painted fretwork, red tin roofs, and a wooden balcony running along the front, with a large hammock and a rocking chair. A netted four-poster bed dominates the inside. Off the bedroom is a walk-in wardrobe and a small bathroom, leading to an outdoor shower area shaded by palm fronds and enclosed by wooden walls.
The Ocean View Cottages with Pool are nearest to the sea; these are the most secluded, and the most popular. The Ocean View Cottages without pools are identical in layout, but are set higher up the hillside with brilliant views. The Ocean View Rooms, which are near the very top of the hill, are semi-detached with a door linking their shared decks.
Wherever you stay on the estate, be prepared for lots of steps.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Ipod dock
- Mosquito net
- Plunge pool
- Safe box
The resort’s cliff-top restaurant, Kai Manje (‘House of Food’ in Creole), is housed in a lofty, open-sided hall with billowing white drapes and stunning sea views. For breakfast, there is a large selection of oven-warm local pastries, fresh fruit, and cut meats, alongside the usual suspects. The hotel's beachfront bar and grill serves simple, light meals and snacks throughout the day. Back at Kai Manje for our candlelit dinner, we had Conch fritters (impressively presented in a huge seashell), a Saint Lucian breadfruit hot pot, and coffee-rubbed filet mignon – all equally delicious.
At dusk, guests get together on the poolside terrace or in the large bar to salute the sunset and enjoy a cocktail or two (local rum-and-fruit mixes, plus all the classics).
Given the fabulous food on offer at Ti Kaye (and the 30-minute drive to the nearest restaurant), you’ll probably decide to eat in most evenings. Explore the hotel’s impressive wine cellar, too, if you can!
- Coffee / tea making
- Take the 166-step trek down to the lovely sandy beach of Anse Cochon for a swim, a kayak trip, and a snooze under the palm trees
- Relax in your hammock while enjoying the sea view with an ice-cold Piton beer
- Get up early and join a morning yoga class on the beach
- Enjoy a blissful massage at the Kai Koko Spa crafted out of coconut wood and local bamboo trees (and enjoy the spectacular ocean view while lying face down, thanks to the mirror under your massage table!)
- Go sailing off St Lucia’s lovely west coast in a catamaran
- Hire a Jeep from the resort for the day and head off to Soufrière to see the Piton mountains, the ‘drive-in’ volcano and the sulphur springs
- Take a water-taxi to ultra-scenic Marigot Bay for lunch
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Plantlife / flora
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving courses
- Shopping / markets
- Traditional cultures
- Well being
- Whale watching
Ti Kaye is near the fishing village of Anse la Raye, and above a remote sandy beach, Anse Cochon, on St Lucia's west coast.
Most flights arrive at Hewanorra International (51km / an 80-minute drive away) or at George FL Charles airport (23km / 40 minutes away).
From the Airport
Ti Kaye can arrange your airport transfers and tours.
For car hire, you will need to obtain a temporary St Lucia driver’s license at the airport. We recommend hiring a Jeep as it's a bumpy ride to Ti Kaye and many of the roads on the island are lined with potholes.
Detailed directions will be sent to you once your booking is confirmed.
More on getting to St Lucia and getting around.
- Hewanorra International 51.0 km UVF
- George FL Charles (Vigie) 23.0 km SLU
- Beach 0.3 km
- Shops 5.0 km
- Restaurant 5.0 km