Boutique-beautiful guesthouse in a quiet part of town, radiating style and creativity”
With just 5 stylish rooms, a lush garden, a peaceful library and a bijou spa, the atmosphere is particularly special; intimate and welcoming, and ideal for solo travellers as well as couples. Meals are made to order in Cafe Kothi using farm-fresh vegetarian ingredients - you'll breakfast on the terrace and dine under the stars at night. But most seductive of all is the peace here - it's a true urban oasis. You’re more likely to hear the resonant call of a peacock than the thrum of traffic, yet Jaipur’s ‘Pink City’ and its numerous attractions are just a tuk-tuk ride away.
- Fantastic value
- We loved the 5 airy rooms, with their bright tropical colours and potted palm trees
- Sublime vegetarian food (quinoa biryani, orange rabdi and perfectly spiced Rajasthani thalis)
- The Kothi Spa - treat yourself to an Ayurvedic massage with all-natural ingredients sourced in the Himalayas
- Reading in the library, a little sanctuary with a miniature Indian mural and colour co-ordinated book collection
- No pool to cool off in
- The minimalist and clutter-free aesthetic doesn't allow for mod-cons - no TVs and no minibars except in the Suites
- Welcomes families but there's nothing for them here
- A strict payment policy
Best time to go
Our top tips
Fashionistas can create amazing souvenirs at the Anokhi Museum of Handprinting, where you can block-print your own shirt!”
- Boutique Guesthouse
- 5 rooms
- Breakfast + other meals on request
- Welcome but not ideal
- Open all year
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
Interiors lovers will lust after designer Nur Kaoukji’s flawless rooms. Her passion for the organic percolates its way throughout the entire property, from the miniature Indian mural in the library to the palm prints and bespoke Rajasthani furnishings in the bedrooms. Each of the 5 is decorated in the colour palette of the gemstone that bears its name, and ornate beds have mirrored headboards worthy of a Maharani.
The largest suite, Sapphire, has a floor all to itself and doors leading out onto a private terrace; perfect for couples who want complete privacy. Topaz also has a private terrace - a welcome extra for a standard room - whilst the other standard Spinel has a lovely cushioned window seat. Suite Moonstone is the only room with a bathtub (a fabulous, deep-soaking affair), and Peridot is a great-sized single room that's excellent value for long-stay guests or families with an older child.
Reliable WiFi, bathrobes and air con are welcome extras, and toiletries by KAMA Ayurveda are a fragrant treat, with old soup ladles for soap dishes.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Safe box
Co-owned by Honawar Hospitality, you'd expect the food here to be first-class - and by all accounts, it is. With an emphasis on the freshest food of the best quality, Cafe Kothi serves up a farm-fresh vegetarian menu with an Indian bent, market produce dictating the daily-changing menus. On balmy evenings, dining under the stars is a real treat. We love the sound of a chickpea and vegetable Moroccan stew served with warm herbed couscous, or a spicy Rajasthani thali with gluten-free chapatis and chilled cucumber raita.
Come morning, a continental or Indian breakfast is served on the terrace - try the Rajasthani version with green split-pea pancakes and an exotic fruit salad. Teas are sourced from Goa (marigold, saffron, lemon green tea), coffee is roasted in Delhi, and the Bhuira strawberry preserve and bitter orange marmalade are handmade in a local village. Provenance is paramount here.
- Organic produce
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Vegetarian menu
- A UNESCO World Heritage site, Jantar Mantar is home to the world’s largest sundial and other curious astronomical instruments. Its unusual geometric shapes and shadow-play mean it’s great for photos
- Visit Amer Fort at sunset for sublime views of the city below (11km from Jaipur)
- In the heart of the Pink City, Johari Bazaar is an assault on the senses: kaleidoscopic, chaotic and brimming with unfamiliar sights and smells - a great place to try out your bargaining skills
- Hidden in the hills outside Jaipur, GaltaJi, commonly known as the Monkey Temple, is an ancient Hindu pilgrimage site dedicated to Hanuman - and home to thousands of monkeys!
- Visit the elephant rehabilitation centre at Dera Amer, an utterly heartwarming trip
- Back at the hotel, treat yourself to a massage or yoga class at the Kothi Spa or browse the library’s thoughtfully curated collection of books and independent magazines
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Traditional cultures
- Well being
Although families are welcome, the property is very peaceful and pristine, with not much in the way of entertainment for little ones. It would suit a family travelling with 1-2 older children, though: Moonstone and Sapphire can both fit a baby cot or rollaway bed, and Peridot is a great-value single room. Note Moonstone is the only room with a bath.
Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available
28 Kothi is in the Civil Lines residential district of central Jaipur. It's an easy 15-minute drive from the train station, where plenty of taxis can be found, and half an hour from the airport.
Jaipur Sanganer (11km away) has internal flights from most Indian cities; Delhi Indira Gandhi (258km away) is the nearest international airport. Click on the links below for a list of airlines serving these airports.
From the Airport
The hotel is happy to arrange transfers (at an extra cost) from the airport. Please enquire when booking.
You can reach Jaipur by rail from Delhi, Mumbai (Bombay), Jodhpur and Sawai Madhopur. It takes 4.5-6 hours to get there from Delhi or Jodhpur by rail, depending on whether or not your train is one of the faster Express ones. From the station it's an easy 15-minute taxi.
If you want to book a car and driver for your entire trip around Rajasthan, enquire through our Tailormade Tour Operator.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Rajasthan and getting around
- Jaipur Sanganer 11.0 km JAI
- Delhi Indira Gandhi 258.0 km DEL
- Beach 800.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km