Century-old Portuguese villa with 5 stylish bedrooms and an inviting pool, near Old Goa and the international airport”
Overlooking the peaceful Zuari river, this is perfect for those in search of complete relaxation and an authentic experience. Yoga lessons and Ayurvedic massages will help you unwind, and once you're restored in body and mind, Old Goa and its picturesque Latin Quarter are only a 15-minute drive away. Truly a House of Grace.
Information provided by Amrapali on 22/09/2020.
Social distancing and wearing of face masks throughout is compulsory.
- Only 30 minutes from Goa airport, so ideal for a couple of nights before or after your international flight
- Just 5 spacious bedrooms, with gorgeous antique furniture and a generous price tag
- Friendly staff are attentive without being obsequious
- A true sanctuary, well away from the tourist crowds
- Strict cancellation policy
- Noise from the nearby NH-66 highway
- Recommended bars and restaurants are a drive away for a change of scene and you're a day trip from Goa's famous beaches (note, the nearest beach isn't clean enough for swimming)
- No twin rooms
- We have yet to see the Moroccan Pool House in person
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Guesthouse
- 5 rooms
- Cafe and bar (open daily)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
Combining its Portuguese heritage and Goan location with a dash of French-Moroccan chic, the decor is a mélange of exotic styles. Breezy courtyards are lined with modern art, whilst the five bedrooms are filled with antique furniture, Portuguese tiles and eclectic curios. We particularly loved a lampshade crafted from a vintage record-player speaker, and Moroccan rugs turned window dressings.
Peace, the smallest room, is the only one with river views and a garden terrace. Baroque wallpaper is juxtaposed with Indian miniature paintings, and the pièce de résistance is a capacious copper bathtub.
Compassion and Devotion are next to one another, overlooking the pool, and are ideal for families with older children or friends travelling together. Note, their bathrooms are shower only. We stayed in Creation, which was incredible: palatial and romantic, ideal for couples. The kingsize bed was very comfortable, and we loved the lounge area overlooking the pool plus the enormous stone-carved bath big enough for 2.
We have yet to see the Moroccan Pool House, the latest Amrapali addition.
Thoughtful extras include travel magazines, Holy Lama toiletries, mosquito repellent and a local mobile phone.
- Air conditioning
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
Meals are personalised to your tastebuds, and served whenever and wherever you want - by the pool, overlooking the river, or in the dining room. Our breakfast was an Epicurean feast of both Indian and continental fare: seasonal fruits, fresh juices, homemade yoghurt and granola, plus hot dishes to order. The strawberry and chocolate crepe was so delicious I promptly ordered a second.
For lunch, the local mozzarella made my Caprese salad one of the best I’ve ever had. We loved the traditional Goan dishes for dinner: the kingfish steamed in banana leaf was a perfect combination of light and fragrant flavours. There are other cuisines available too: think seafood linguine and European desserts.
- Lunch by arrangement
- Organic produce
- Vegetarian menu
- Unwind with a private yoga class and an Ayurvedic massage by the pool
- Read a good book in the beautiful guest lounge
- Spend a day in Old Goa to discover church-lined streets, colonial mansions and the picturesque Latin Quarter (Fontainhas), full of authentic shops and modern boutiques
- The Basilica of Bom Jesus was built in 1605 and is now Unesco-listed, a popular pilgrimage site. Part of it is known as the Church of St. Francis Xavier, whose remains are enshrined here
- Art enthusiasts will enjoy Goa's Museum of Christian Art
- Siridao beach is a 20-minute walk away, through a sleepy local village. Sit and watch local fishermen haul in their daily catch, or go to see one of Goa's famous sunsets (note, the sea isn't clean enough for swimming)
- Put everything on red at one of Panjim’s famous casino boats
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
Amrapali has a very relaxed vibe: the sort of place that adults love but children might find boring. Whilst staff are very accommodating, there are no specific facilities or activities for kids. That said, with just 5 rooms this would be a wonderful option for families travelling together - a catered villa experience.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
All rooms can fit a baby cot, and Creation has a daybed that can be made up as a single bed. Compassion and Devotion are next to one another, if your kids are old enough for their own room. Bear in mind all beds are kingsize doubles.
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Families Should Know:
All rooms open out onto the courtyard, where the pool is unfenced
- Airport: 30 mins' drive (Goa International)
- Shops: 5 mins' drive
- Hospital: 15 mins' drive (Panjim)
Amrapali - House of Grace is just outside the sleepy village of Siridao in South Goa, overlooking the Zuari river. It's a 15-minute drive from Old Goa, 20 minutes from Panjim (the state capital) and a 30-minute drive from Goa International Airport.
Goa's Dabolim International Airport (16km away) is approximately 30 minutes' drive from the house. It is served by a number of international airlines, and has frequent flights from domestic hubs, including Bombay, Bangalore, Delhi, Calcutta and tourist cities like Jaipur and Agra. Click on the links below for a full list of airlines.
From the Airport
Transfers can be arranged at additional cost
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Goa and getting around
- Dabolim International Airport 16.0 km GOI
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km