“Stylish 4-bedroom Kemah Tinggi villa with charming rural views: the ultimate in privacy, 5-star service and child-friendly facilities (sleeps up to 12)”
Set in lush tropical gardens with wide lawns are four large bedrooms centred on an impressive open-sided living space with soaring columns. Design is chic and contemporary, with a high standard of finishes throughout – far from your average Seminyak identikit viewless box! With a delightful team of 12 Balinese staff who intuitively second guess your every need, the atmosphere is exclusive, private, laidback and utterly luxurious - perfect for families or friends holidaying together.
- Grown-up glamour whilst being extraordinarily child friendly - ideal for 2 families for travelling together, but also affordable for honeymooners and smaller families (rates include full staff & service)
- Luxe details from the Molton Brown toiletries to the in-room Bose stereos and Wifi throughout
- Beautiful spacious gardens with cool infinity pool and rural views
- Blissful massages and delicious meals at local prices
- Car and chauffeur ensure you're within easy reach of boutiques, temples, riding and golf (one of Asia's best courses is just 15 minutes away)
- A 20-minute drive from the shops, restaurants and nightlife of Seminyak – although this may be the attraction!
- Insects sometimes present, particularly in the garden bathrooms, but spray and lotions are provided
- This stretch of coast is unsuitable for swimming although the surf is good for the experienced and the villa's pool is a decent size
- No landline but mobiles and Blackberries both work well and Wi-Fi broadband available
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Luxury Villa
- Catered villa (includes chef)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
- Tennis Court
- Bicycles Available
- Laundry Service
- Massage Pavilion
- Twice daily maid service, turn down, robes & sarongs
Each booking secures the villa's facilities and staff in their entirety, for anything from 2 to 8 adults, plus up to 4 children using extra beds (accommodation for babies in cots and a local nanny can be in addition to this). The villa is laid out in Balinese pavilion style, with four separate buildings. These consist of a living, dining and recreation pavilion, two bedroom pavilions, and a kitchen/service wing.
The 4 spacious Master bedrooms are grouped in two pairs and offer a number of possible sleeping configurations to accommodate most requirements. Comfortable and romantic, the beds are vast with billowing mosquito nets, soft goose down Ploh pillows, white linens and light duvets. Neutral tones and rich teak are offset by walls of floor-to-ceiling windows which slide open to catch the breeze; each room's shady fan-cooled terrace is furnished with a daybed or armchairs piled with squashy cushions. Views are of the pool, gardens and rice fields. Dressing areas have plenty of wardrobe space, salon-quality hairdryers, robes, slippers and sarongs. A selection of travel adaptors and trays for personal knick-knacks are a nice touch, as are the Bose Wave CD players with ipod connections and Wifi throughout. All rooms have safety deposit boxes, A/C and fans. The large bathrooms are an experience in themselves: huge bathtubs, outdoor garden showers, piles of white towels, Molton Brown toiletries, candles and the scent of fresh frangipani and tuberoses.
Bedrooms 3 and 4 are in a two-storey building to the rear of the main villa with their own private walled garden. All bedrooms can accommodate an extra single bed, and the villa has three hotel quality trundle beds (with their own mosquito nets) for this purpose. Umah is the largest room and has space for two additional trundle beds.
Bedroom 1 - Sawah:
Bedroom 2 - Umah:
Bedroom 3 - Taman:
Bedroom 4 - Desa:
- Air conditioning
- Cd player
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Full kitchen
- Ipod dock
- Safe box
The villa has two chefs - breakfasts are included in the price and other meals are charged only at the local cost of ingredients. The bar service is another big plus and even the night security can knock up a frozen margarita. Apart from cocktails and local beer, there's a selection of wine at local supermarket prices, as well as a more extensive premium wine list from France and Australia.
The modern Asian dining menu is extensive and delicious, ordered family-style and served at the 12-seater dining table overlooking the pool, on the lawns under the palm trees, or at a shaded bale by the rice fields to take full advantage of the villa’s gorgeous ocean views. Naturally a children's menu is also provided and times are of your choosing - just let the staff know when you want to eat. There is a lovely kitchen but you'll not be spending much time in it; the staff will be catering for you. A professional coffee machine means even the lattes are top notch. Dishes concentrate on fresh ingredients and clean tastes. Personal tastes are catered for and vegetarians have plenty of choice.
A typical day might include breakfast of freshly squeezed fruit juice and banana crepes with palm sugar and lunch of the house special Nasi Goreng with fresh sambal. At sunset try the frozen margarita or mint caipiroskas served with canapes - perhaps a taster of scallop salad with chili sauce and fresh coconut or lime and chili chicken dumplings with dipping sauce. Dinner might be a chilled roasted tomato soup served with crusty bread followed by seared Tasmanian salmon with pink peppercorns, pickled ginger, lime, coriander and lemongrass. Exotic local fruits served with a ginger, cardamom and lime syrup and vanilla ice-cream is just one of many refreshing deserts on offer. Premium Lazumba coffee and warm chocolate samosas round off the meal to perfection.
Guests can choose to eat out (most of Bali's best restaurants are located in Seminyak, a 20 minute drive away) and staff will readily recommend places, but note that all are obliged to add 21% tax and service to your bill.
- Children meals
- Dinner by arrangement
- Full kitchen
- In house cook
- Lunch by arrangement
- Room service
- Shopping service
- Vegetarian menu
- Massage and Yoga/Pilates – a team of masseurs deliver excellent treatments on professional spa tables - just choose where you'd like to have one
- Lots of games to play at the villa from lawn dominoes, badminton, football and cricket (bamboo goals and stumps included) to backgammon, Giant Connect 4 and Perudo
- Walks or bike rides through rice fields, villages, to the beach & temples are an unforgettable way to immerse yourself in everyday Balinese life. Villagers are friendly and the scenery spectacular with green plains of rice, volcanoes in the distance and rugged black sand beaches. The temple and beach at Seseh are important ones for regional ceremonies
- Golf at the nearby Nirwana Bali Golf Club designed by Greg Norman and considered the best in SE Asia and one of the most dramatically beautiful courses in the world. Le Meridien resort also has a spa, tennis, water slides and children's club. (15 minutes drive). Villa discounts available
- Horse-rides through rice fields or along the beach at sunset, private surf lessons, diving, white water rafting, cruises and elephant trekking can all be arranged for you.
- Local culture is intrinsic to Bali and you can experience as much of it as you would like. A gamelan orchestra and dance performances can be arranged at the villa whilst sarongs are available for temple visits
- The villa is a member at the exclusive Canggu Club nearby which is Bali’s only private Member’s club. This gives guests complementary access to all its facilities (state-of-the-art gym, tennis coaching, lap pool, kids clubs and splash park, etc)
- Chauffeured tours of the island, shopping expeditions to Seminyak (20 minutes) and Ubud (45 minutes drive), or nights on the town are easy in the air-conditioned comfort of your complimentary car
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Plantlife / flora
- Shopping / markets
- Traditional cultures
The villa was deliberately designed to be one of Bali's most child-friendly properties. It's especially good for young families and multi-generational parties and is suitable for all ages. There is plenty of space and the villa has been designed to let children run round freely and safely, with wide manicured lawns, few steps and no pond. Note that the rates include 12 staff including chefs and a chauffeured car which has seatbelts (unusual in Bali), and there are two child car seats.
Maximum occupancy is 8 adults, 4 children and 4 babies.
Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
You'll be booking the whole villa so have the run of the place; 1 room can sleep 4 children on their own (good if you're holidaying with another family or your extended family) and there's a total of 4 cots and 4 extra beds that you can add. 3 of the bathrooms have a bathtub.
Babysitting available by arrangement with the villa staff or a local nanny. Minimum 4 hours; see Rates
Baby listening/monitors are available on request and work everywhere in the property
- High chair
- Stair gates where necessary
- Baby backpack
- Baby bedding
- Baby bath
- Bottle warming
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Private Kids’ Club at the members-only Canggu Club nearby (10 mins) or day membership at the Penguin Club at Le Meridien Resort (15 mins) are both an option if required. Canggu Club membership is included in your rates
Wide-ranging and tempting children's menu; the kitchen is fully equipped for bottle feeds and the chefs are happy to whizz up baby puree at any time you wish. Food is available all day, and there are special meal times for children if required
Kids Activities on site:
- Pool with shallow end and wading platform (fenced if needed) plus toys
- Large grassy field with football goals plus lawn games
- Aircon media room with a wide variety of indoor games and toys for all ages – baby to adults
- Children's DVDs
- Giant Connect 4
Kids Activities nearby:
- Walks, bike rides, temples and the beach
- Tennis coaching and kids clubs at Canggu Club
- Rainbow Room (ages 2+) for arts and crafts at Canguu Club
- D'Joglo club house for ages 7+ with games, music, DVDs etc at Canggu Club
Families Should Know:
The villa can do a complimentary shop before arrival for all your kids needs eg baby food, nappies, beach toys etc.
- Airport: 40 minutes
- Hospital: 30 minutes
- Doctor: 25 minutes