“Stylish 4-bedroom Kemah Tinggi villa with charming rural views: the ultimate in privacy, 5-star service and child-friendly facilities (sleeps up to 12)”
Set in lush tropical gardens with wide lawns are four large bedrooms centred on an impressive open-sided living space with soaring columns. Design is chic and contemporary, with a high standard of finishes throughout – far from your average Seminyak identikit viewless box! With a delightful team of 12 Balinese staff who intuitively second guess your every need, the atmosphere is exclusive, private, laidback and utterly luxurious - perfect for families or friends holidaying together.
- Grown-up glamour whilst being extraordinarily child friendly - ideal for 2 families for travelling together, but also affordable for honeymooners and smaller families (rates include full staff & service)
- Luxe details from the Molton Brown toiletries to the in-room Bose stereos and Wifi throughout
- Beautiful spacious gardens with cool infinity pool and rural views
- Blissful massages and delicious meals at local prices
- Car and chauffeur ensure you're within easy reach of boutiques, temples, riding and golf (one of Asia's best courses is just 15 minutes away)
- A 20-minute drive from the shops, restaurants and nightlife of Seminyak – although this may be the attraction!
- Insects sometimes present, particularly in the garden bathrooms, but spray and lotions are provided
- This stretch of coast is unsuitable for swimming although the surf is good for the experienced and the villa's pool is a decent size
- No landline but mobiles work well and WiFi is available
Best rooms for families
Parents should know...
- High chair
- Stair gates where necessary
- Baby backpack
- Baby bedding
- Baby bath
- Bottle warming
Some equipment may need to be requested in advance
Babysitting available by arrangement with the villa staff or a local nanny. Minimum 4 hours.
Baby listening/monitors are available on request and work everywhere in the property.
A supervised Cubby House Kids Club for 2-12 years is available at Finns Recreation Club (15 mins drive).
Wide-ranging and tempting children's menu; the kitchen is fully equipped for bottle feeds and the chefs are happy to whizz up baby puree at any time you wish. Food is available all day, and there are special meal times for children if required.
- Pool with shallow end and wading platform (fenced if needed) plus toys
- Large grassy field with football goals plus lawn games
- Aircon media room with a wide variety of indoor games and toys for all ages – baby to adults
- Children's DVDs
- Giant Connect 4
- Village walks, temples and the beach
- Finns Recreation Club: tennis, cubby house, water slides, bounce park, bowls
- Waterbom park
- Horse riding and bike rides through rice paddies
- Luxury Villa
- Catered villa (includes chef)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Creche / Kids Club
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
- Tennis Court
- Bicycles Available
- Laundry Service
- Massage Pavilion
- Twice daily maid service, turn down, robes & sarongs
Each booking secures the villa's facilities and staff in their entirety, for anything from 2 to 8 adults, plus up to 4 children using extra beds (accommodation for babies in cots and a local nanny can be in addition to this). The villa is laid out in Balinese pavilion style, with four separate buildings. These consist of a living, dining and recreation pavilion, two bedroom pavilions, and a kitchen/service wing.
The 4 spacious Master bedrooms are grouped in two pairs and offer a number of possible sleeping configurations to accommodate most requirements. Comfortable and romantic, the beds are vast with billowing mosquito nets, soft goose down Ploh pillows, white linens and light duvets. Neutral tones and rich teak are offset by walls of floor-to-ceiling windows which slide open to catch the breeze; each room's shady fan-cooled terrace is furnished with a daybed or armchairs piled with squashy cushions. Views are of the pool, gardens and rice fields. Dressing areas have plenty of wardrobe space, salon-quality hairdryers, robes, slippers and sarongs. A selection of travel adaptors and trays for personal knick-knacks are a nice touch, as are the Bose Wave CD players with ipod connections and Wifi throughout. All rooms have safety deposit boxes, A/C and fans. The large bathrooms are an experience in themselves: huge bathtubs, outdoor garden showers, piles of white towels, Molton Brown toiletries, candles and the scent of fresh frangipani and tuberoses.
Bedrooms 3 and 4 are in a two-storey building to the rear of the main villa with their own private walled garden. All bedrooms can accommodate an extra single bed, and the villa has three hotel quality trundle beds (with their own mosquito nets) for this purpose. Umah is the largest room and has space for two additional trundle beds.
Bedroom 1 - Sawah:
Bedroom 2 - Umah:
Bedroom 3 - Taman:
Bedroom 4 - Desa:
- Air conditioning
- CD player
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Full kitchen
- Ipod dock
- Safe box
The villa has two chefs - breakfasts are included in the price and other meals are charged only at the local cost of ingredients. The bar service is another big plus and even the night security can knock up a frozen margarita. Apart from cocktails and local beer, there's a selection of wine at local supermarket prices, as well as a more extensive premium wine list from France and Australia.
The modern Asian dining menu is extensive and delicious, ordered family-style and served at the 12-seater dining table overlooking the pool, on the lawns under the palm trees, or at a shaded bale by the rice fields to take full advantage of the villa’s gorgeous ocean views. Naturally a children's menu is also provided and times are of your choosing - just let the staff know when you want to eat. There is a lovely kitchen but you'll not be spending much time in it; the staff will be catering for you. A professional coffee machine means even the lattes are top notch. Dishes concentrate on fresh ingredients and clean tastes. Personal tastes are catered for and vegetarians have plenty of choice.
A typical day might include breakfast of freshly squeezed fruit juice and banana crepes with palm sugar and lunch of the house special Nasi Goreng with fresh sambal. At sunset try the frozen margarita or mint caipiroskas served with canapes - perhaps a taster of scallop salad with chili sauce and fresh coconut or lime and chili chicken dumplings with dipping sauce. Dinner might be a chilled roasted tomato soup served with crusty bread followed by seared Tasmanian salmon with pink peppercorns, pickled ginger, lime, coriander and lemongrass. Exotic local fruits served with a ginger, cardamom and lime syrup and vanilla ice-cream is just one of many refreshing deserts on offer. Premium Lazumba coffee and warm chocolate samosas round off the meal to perfection.
Guests can choose to eat out (most of Bali's best restaurants are located in Seminyak, a 20 minute drive away) and staff will readily recommend places, but note that all are obliged to add 21% tax and service to your bill.
- Children's meals
- Dinner by arrangement
- Full kitchen
- In house cook
- Lunch by arrangement
- Room service
- Shopping service
- Vegetarian menu
- Massage and Yoga/Pilates – a team of masseurs deliver excellent treatments on professional spa tables - just choose where you'd like to have one
- Lots of games to play at the villa from lawn dominoes, badminton, football and cricket (bamboo goals and stumps included) to backgammon, Giant Connect 4 and Perudo
- Walks or bike rides through rice fields, villages, to the beach & temples are an unforgettable way to immerse yourself in everyday Balinese life. Villagers are friendly and the scenery spectacular with green plains of rice, volcanoes in the distance and rugged black sand beaches. The temple and beach at Seseh are important ones for regional ceremonies
- Golf at the nearby Nirwana Bali Golf Club designed by Greg Norman and considered the best in SE Asia and one of the most dramatically beautiful courses in the world. Le Meridien resort also has a spa, tennis, water slides and children's club. (15 minutes drive). Villa discounts available
- Horse-rides through rice fields or along the beach at sunset, private surf lessons, diving, white water rafting, cruises and elephant trekking can all be arranged for you.
- Local culture is intrinsic to Bali and you can experience as much of it as you would like. A gamelan orchestra and dance performances can be arranged at the villa whilst sarongs are available for temple visits
- The villa is within easy reach of Finns Recreation Club where guests can purchase day passes to enjoy activities such as tennis, water-slides, a bounce trampoline centre and ten-pin bowling.
- Chauffeured tours of the island, shopping expeditions to Seminyak (20 minutes) and Ubud (45 minutes drive), or nights on the town are easy in the air-conditioned comfort of your complimentary car
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Horse riding
- Plantlife / flora
- Shopping / markets
- Traditional cultures
Best Time to go
Our Top Tips
The villa is on the outskirts of the village of Seseh, on Bali's southwest coast. It's 20 minutes northwest of Seminyak, 45 minutes from Ubud, 15 minutes from Tanah Lot and 40 minutes from Denpasar airport.
Denpasar Ngurah Rai (24km). Served by many international airlines. Please click on the links below for further information. You can also fly to Jakarta, then travel overland (approx 24 hours) or catch a connecting flight to Denpasar.
From the Airport
Return transfers are included in the rates (as is a chauffered car every day during your stay). If you're coming from another hotel, pick up a metered taxi on the streets, but be sure to haggle a price before you get in.
There are frequent boats between Bali and the major islands in Indonesia, including Java, Lombok and Komodo. You can catch a taxi from the ferry port to the hotel.
We don’t recommend you renting a car unless you’re a very seasoned visitor to Bali as some of the on-the-spot fines for ‘traffic violations’ can be annoying. Narrow roads and overtaking procedures can also be unnerving, especially through the mountains.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Bali and getting around
- Denpasar Ngurah Rai 24.0 km DPS
- Beach 0.2 km
- Shops 15.0 km
- Restaurant 6.0 km