Postcard-perfect views and total privacy at this grown-up seaview hideaway”
Come for stunning scenery and tranquility, for lazy days and delicious dinners. The personalised service is amazing - nothing is too much trouble for the smiling, discreet staff - and everything feels very easy. You're a steep set of stairs from the beach (and a walk away from its famous Blue Lagoon), but the pool is beautiful; your biggest decision will be where to while away your days. Bring binoculars and a big book.
- Glorious, panoramic sea views. We loved watching paragliders and beautiful sunsets
- Very romantic. Each room has ocean vistas, a spacious terrace and a jacuzzi or private pool, so it's perfect for a honeymoon
- The lovely main terrace, framed by olive trees and bougainvillea
- Fresh seafood in the restaurant, and breakfast served whenever and wherever you want
- Great cocktails and a sociable vibe at the Sunset Bar
- Expensive, and a very strict payment policy (full payment upon reservation or 30 days prior to stay; non-refundable in the event of cancellation, though you may move dates depending on availability)
- The beach is shingle not sand, and had some rubbish dumped on one section, but they are working to improve this
- Olu Deniz (the local town) is very 'Brits Abroad' and lights up like a fairground at night. Most guests spend their evenings at the hotel
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 7 rooms
- Restaurant and bar (open daily)
- Adults only
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
The 7 rooms feel very private, with bi-fold glass doors that give access to terraces and frame panoramic sea views. Décor is a mix of traditional and modern, with a nod to the nautical; a cool, crisp palette of blues, whites and browns. The sofas opposite your flat-screen wouldn’t seem out of place in your home, but bathrooms are very grand with marble detail, rain showers and hammams.
Rooms 1 and 5 are worth the extra spend. Room 1 has a private pool and hammock (though the view from its terrace has less wow factor). Room 5 has a huge terrace with uninterrupted views, an alfresco Jacuzzi and shower, and a larger, brighter bedroom.
Other rooms, though priced the same, vary considerably in terms of size, though no terraces are overlooked and each has an outdoor Jacuzzi (the water is not heated). Some bedrooms are darker than others.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
Staying true to their past, dinner at Beyaz Yunus is a candlelit affair focusing on fresh fish, which is often cooked on the open grill. We ate a delicious mezze of prawns with garlic and raisins, homemade walnut bread, French onion salad and tuna filo rolls, followed by yummy tuna kebabs and then a chocolate soufflé.
Breakfast can be eaten at any time, in the restaurant or on your private terrace (as can lunch and dinner). It consists of eggs to order, pancakes, or a range of cold Continental options. Lunch is a range of salads, sandwiches and tapas.
Olu Deniz has a vast range of alternative restaurants within driving distance. Staff can advise.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Room service
- Most guests barely leave the hotel, so don't feel you need to! Relax by the infinity pool with its glorious views, or on your private terrace with its Jacuzzi or pool
- Wander down to Olu Deniz's shingle beach; there are lively beach bars for a cold beer when the sun gets too strong, and the gorgeous Blue Lagoon at one end (a 45-minute walk from the hotel)
- Go tandem paragliding or scuba diving from Olu Deniz
- Take a boat trip on a gulet (traditional wooden boat)
- Fethiye is a good day out, combining shopping (from fashion stores to carpet shops and souk-like markets) and sightseeing (Lycian tombs, Roman theatre, the Archaeological Museum)
- Treat yourself to an in-room massage
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
Beyaz Yunus is a mile outside the built-up and touristy town of Olu Deniz (also called Oludeniz), in southwest Turkey. It has a coastal location overlooking the beach/sea.
The closest airport is Dalaman (60km). The main airport for holiday traffic into Turkey’s western Mediterranean coast, it’s served by a good choice of airlines; click on the links below for a list.
From the Airport
The hotel can arrange transfers but you may wish to hire a car for your stay - a good idea if you plan to explore the region. See our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Turkey and getting around
- Dalaman 60.0 km DLM
- Antalya 217.0 km AYT
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 2.0 km
- Restaurant 2.0 km