The small town of Cisternino is just 5 minutes away for shops and restaurants, and you're an easy drive from the Unesco-listed Alberobello, the beaches of the Adriatic, and the wineries of Locorotondo. Return to recline on a lounger or read under the vines. You're set for a blissful stay.
- Calming, stylish interiors with earthy highlight colours – this is a classy renovation
- Lovely aspect, on a small hill with cute views across dry stone walls, fields and valleys to Cisternino in the distance
- A delicious, daily breakfast is included - a rare treat in a self-catering villa!
- Beautiful grounds with a stunning pool, mature olive trees, an abundance of fragrant Mediterranean plants and a large creeper-covered gazebo
- Accommodation to suit couples, families and friends alike, all at reasonable prices
- A 7-night minimum stay requirement (Saturday-Saturday)
- Trulli cones are small structures (2 bedrooms in the Trulli villa are bijou), and there's no living room in the Lamia or Dependance houses (expect to be outside a lot)
- The Dependance is the only house with a twin room
- You'll have to drive to get to the shops, albeit only 5 minutes to Cisternino
- The pool is unheated and you'd have to share it with another party if you don't book both villa and apartment
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villa
- 3-bedroom villa + two 2-bedroom houses
- Self-catering (+ chef on request & restaurants nearby)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car recommended
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Laundry Service
- Iron and board
- Pool towels
The villa is set up to provide flexibility for all configurations. A family or 2 couples or a group of friends will fit happily into the showcase Trulli which consists of 5 trulli cones, beautifully restored with thick white-washed walls and earthy accent tones plus a new flagstone floor. The 4 largest domes are inhabited by a dining/living space and 3 double bedrooms, the third of which only has a small window opening high up in its cone. Wardrobes are in recesses with a curtain for a door, or take the form of wooden crucifix hangers on pegs. Quirky collectables such as old irons, vintage scales or glass bottles sit in alcoves; amphorae in corners. Pillows are plump, although we found the beds a little hard. There are candles throughout for that romantic touch.
The bathroom in the Trulli is small and consists of a concrete resin sink, a power shower and a bidet. Plentiful towels are supplied, as are eco-toiletries.
Behind with its own entrance sits the two-bedroom Lamia apartment in the 1970s extension, which would suit a couple with (or without) a child or two. Each chic double bedroom has a super-sleek modern ensuite shower bathroom, and along a corridor is its galley kitchen. Note that there is no inside living room.
Next to the Trulli, in a mix of modern conversion and classic cones, the Dependance is the newest addition. It sleeps up to 4 with one double bedroom and one twin (best suited to kids). There's a simple kitchen and a shower bathroom, and out the front there's a veranda with a table and chairs.
All of the accommodations have their own outdoor dining area and share the pool and large gazebo. You can book them together or separately – see Rates. There's also an outdoor kitchen but this is only available when the whole property is booked, and comes at an additional cost.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Cots Available
The Trulli's kitchen is under the smallest dome, just off the living/dining area and past the original heating stove. It has a gas stove and oven, a square sink, a coffee maker, a fridge-freezer, a toaster, pots and pans, blue and white crockery, a dresser of cutlery, disposable plates, napkins and place mats, oven gloves, dish-soap, tea towels, kitchen roll and foil. Seasoning, garlic, sugar, tea, coffee and extra-virgin olive oil are also provided.
The Lamia has a galley kitchen and is similarly equipped. Each property has its own barbecue and outside shaded dining area.
A delicious Italian breakfast is provided every day, consisting of local produce like crostata, cakes and freshly pressed juices.
There's a supermarket in Cisternino, and we stocked up on local produce including antipasti and Puglia's famous orecchiette pasta. A chef can be booked if you have a special occasion to mark, and a shopping service can be requested, too. Generally, we ate out for lunch and cooked up a storm in the evenings, imbibing an excellent bottle of locally produced wine. Note that the circular table in the Trulli can fit 6 at a pinch; clearly alfresco living is the go here.
There is a good (and very well-priced!) pizzeria and several great restaurants in Cisternino. Some local establishments can deliver takeaways.
- Chef on request
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Shopping service
- Welcome hamper
- Swim and then sun yourself by the pool, or chill out with a book in the gazebo
- Explore lovely local historical towns such as Cisternino and Locorotondo
- Go wine tasting nearby, including in Locorotondo
- Head to the sparkling Adriatic with its beaches and coves
- The spectacular underground karst caverns, the Castellana Caves, are found north west of Fasano
- Stroll around the local lanes and fields, spotting trulli cones, donkeys, chickens and horses
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Plantlife / flora
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
Children are welcome at Boutique Trulli Villa and will get a kick out of living inside trulli cones. The grounds are safe to run around and there are a couple of swings as well as the lovely pool. Cots and extra beds are available on request.
Note that you are only charged for rooms occupied, and there is no additional cost to add a baby cot or an extra bed into a room.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Families should take the Trulli as it has 3 double bedrooms, the largest of which can also take a baby cot or extra bed. A couple with a baby or small child could take the Lamia apartment, which can take a baby cot or an extra bed. Note that none of the bedrooms can be made up as twins.
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available
English-speaking babysitters can be booked on request - see Rates.
- Baby cots
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Large pool with a long shallow shelf along one side, which is safe for toddlers and non-swimmers to splash along
- Lawns to run around
- TV and DVDs
Kids Activities nearby:
- Sightseeing in Alberobello and other delightful small towns nearby
- You're 20 minutes' drive from the coast and beaches
- Zoo Safari in Fasano
- Botanical gardens in Monopoli
- Caves to explore
Families Should Know:
The pool is unfenced, and there is a drop down from the front driveway to the car park below, although this is fenced.
- Airport: 55 minutes (Brindisi)
- Hospital: 5 minutes
- Shops: 5 minutes
Boutique Trulli Villa is just outside Cisternino, close to Locorotondo and Fasano, in rural Puglia, southern Italy.
The villa is roughly equidistant between Brindisi and Bari airports and it is about an hour from each. Click on the links below for a list of airlines serving these airports.
From the Airport
Boutique Trulli Villa can arrange a transfer. Most will self-drive (see below). Take the SS16 and take the exit signed Cisternino.
We would recommend you hire a car to explore the area and to get you to the shops. You can hire cars at either airport - see our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Italy and getting around
- Brindisi-Salento 60.0 km BDS
- Brindisi-Salento 90.0 km BRI
- Beach 14.0 km
- Shops 2.0 km
- Restaurant 2.0 km