“In countryside near Fasano, this restored boutique trullo has 3 bedrooms, a pool and fabulous views of Puglia’s Adriatic coast (sleeps 4-6)”
From the flat coastal plains of the Valle d’Itria, a steep drive limbers up to the house, with its 4 distinctive trulli cones – a curious vernacular feature unique to this region. Inside, restful living spaces and 3 bedrooms (2 double, 1 twin) blend contemporary furniture with the pale greys and sun-bleached limestone of original stonework. French windows open onto a Mediterranean-style herb garden, planted with lemons and beds of scented lavender. On an upper terrace, there is a saltwater pool and lawns that merge into olive groves.
Enjoy the rich local cuisine of Puglia - home to Italy’s finest pastas and olive oil, alongside fresh-caught fish and luscious red wines. Sleep under a barrel-vaulted trullocone. Relax under a pergola on a cool alfresco sofa. You will never tire of the million-dollar views.
- The combination of quirky trullo architecture and stylish modern design is beautifully done
- Gorgeous outdoor living spaces - including a kitchen, dining area and glamorous sea-view lounge
- Private pool terrace with su-loungers on clipped lawns and a hammock slung between olive trees
- Close to Puglia’s must-see towns and villages: Cisternino, Ostuni, Alberobello and Polignano a Mare, among others
- Great value, especially if you fill it
- You’ll need a car – or a bike – just for essentials: Fasano’s shops and restaurants are close but it’s a bit too far to walk (5km)
- The house is out-of-the-way but not entirely private: you share a drive with a neighbouring property
- Rentals run strictly from Saturday to Saturday (a 7-night minimum stay)
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Trullo Rental
- 3 bedrooms
- Self catering; restaurants nearby
- All ages welcome
- Closed: 2 Nov 2019 - 3 Apr 2020
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Laundry Service
- Weekly cleaning
The house is planned around a central living-dining space, which leads into 3 bedrooms and an open-plan kitchen. Two of the bedrooms are doubles (one with an ensuite shower room), the third is a twin, and all are set inside a trullo cone. They are on the small side, but cosy and well-planned, with plenty of storage space (antique chests and curtained hanging space), luxury linen on queensize beds, a generous supply of towels (including pool towels) and high pointy ceilings to gaze at. There is also a luxurious family bathroom with a shower over a deep square bath lined with mosaics.
The living room is light and spacious, furnished with a big comfy sofa, a cow-hide rug on a polished stone floors, and Italian glass and pottery set into niches or on neat shelves. There's a wood-burning stove for chilly winter evenings.
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- DVD player
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Ipod dock
- Mosquito net
- Swimming pool
- Washing machine
The sleek indoor kitchen has cream-coloured cupboards and worktops arranged under the dome of a trullo roof, and is equipped with an American-style fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, dishwasher and washing machine. As well as a welcome pack of basics (milk, water and snacks), it’s stocked with oil and seasonings, and there are fresh fruits and herbs in the garden. With advance notice, you can book a convenient shopping service (particularly useful for late arrivals).
The outdoor kitchen is equally impressive, with a gas hob, barbecue and sink alongside a huge stone dining table, set on a shaded patio with enough room to seat 6 in comfort.
The owners have compiled a handy list of local restaurants, but those who’d rather stay put can hire the service of a chef who will whip up a 5-course Pugliese dinner while you sit on the terrace sampling the region’s excellent wines.
- Chef on request
- Coffee / tea making
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Shopping service
- Welcome hamper
- Relax and chill: with its pool terrace, loungers, cushion-clad outdoor sofas and dreamy views, this place is designed for doing a lot of nothing much
- Head for the coast: there are lovely, child-friendly Adriatic beaches within 10-20 mins' drive
- Wander the narrow streets of the region’s historic towns: the wine town of Locorotondo, the dazzling white-stone villages of Cisternino and Ostuni, or cliff-top Polignano a Mare
- Explore old-town Monopoli, with its churches, cobbled streets and pretty fishing harbour – a good place to buy fresh seafood straight from the boats for your barbecue
- Don’t miss Castellana Caves: one of Puglia's most celebrated attractions, it’s a natural wonder of subterranean grottos, caverns, fossils and extraordinary calcified rock formations
- Although it’s not quite in the same spirit, Fasano’s low-key Zoo Safari theme park is right on the doorstep
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
- Wine tasting
This gorgeous trullo house rental is made for families. The British owners have children themselves and have furnished the house accordingly. In drawers and cupboards, you will find a high chair, baby-bouncer, travel cot, toddler-friendly plastic dishes and cutlery, as well as DVDs, books, toys and inflatable toys for the pool. There is a washing machine and a drying rack in an outhouse.
Family friendly accommodation:
The twin room is ideal for kids of any age and has space for a baby cot, too; and there is room for grandparents, teenagers or extended family in the 2nd double bedroom.
- Travel cot and baby bedding
- High chair
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Kids DVDs
- Kids books / toys
Kids Activities nearby:
- Zoo Safari Fasanolandia (just 5km away): 50 species, from hippos to penguins, plus dolphin displays and amusement rides; gets rave reviews (though it's not cheap)
- Acquapark Egnazia Water Park (12km): Good for teens or when the sea in windy, with slides, splash pools, wave machine, water aerobics, dancing/DJ; pre-book umbrellas online; often busy and noisy, but always fun
- Several beaches, including sandy lidi with cafés and beach volleyball, 10-20 mins' drive away
Families Should Know:
The pool is unfenced.
- Airport: 45-60 mins' drive (Bari/Brindisi)
- Hospital: 5km
- Shop: 5km
Quattro Trulli Hideaway is 5km from the town of Fasano, in Puglia, Italy.
The nearest airports are Brindisi (65km) and Bari (75km). Click on the links below for a list of airlines.
From the Airport
You will need a car to get here and to reach shops and restaurants. See our car rental recommendations. There's free parking on-site.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
Read our guide to Getting to Italy and Getting around
- Brindisi 65.0 km BDS
- Bari 75.0 km BRI
- Beach 10.0 km
- Shops 5.0 km
- Restaurant 5.0 km