From the flat coastal plains of the Valle d’Itria, a steep drive limbers up to the house, with its 4 distinctive trulli cones – a curious vernacular feature unique to this region. Inside, restful living spaces and 3 bedrooms (2 double, 1 twin) blend contemporary furniture with the pale greys and sun-bleached limestone of original stonework. French windows open onto a Mediterranean-style herb garden, planted with lemons and beds of scented lavender. On an upper terrace, there is a pool and lawns that merge into olive groves.
Enjoy the rich local cuisine of Puglia - home to Italy’s finest pastas and olive oil, alongside fresh-caught fish and luscious red wines. Sleep under a barrel-vaulted trullo cone. Relax under a pergola on a cool alfresco sofa. You will never tire of the million-dollar views.
- The combination of quirky trullo architecture and stylish modern design is beautifully done
- Gorgeous outdoor living spaces - including a kitchen, dining area and glamorous sea-view lounge
- Private pool terrace with sun-loungers on clipped lawns and a hammock slung between olive trees
- Close to Puglia’s must-see towns and villages: Cisternino, Ostuni, Alberobello and Polignano a Mare, among others
- Great value, especially if you fill it
- You’ll need a car – or a bike – just for essentials: Fasano’s shops and restaurants are close but it’s a bit too far to walk (5km)
- The house is out-of-the-way but not entirely private: you share a drive with a neighbouring property
- Rentals run strictly from Saturday to Saturday (a 7-night minimum stay)
- The pool typically isn't open until May, but as it's unheated this probably won't disappoint off-season travellers
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Trullo Rental
- 3 bedrooms
- Self catering; restaurants nearby
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car essential
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Weekly cleaning
The house is planned around a central living-dining space, which leads into 3 bedrooms and an open-plan kitchen. Two of the bedrooms are doubles (one with an ensuite shower room), the third is a twin, and all are set inside a trullo cone. They are on the small side, but cosy and well-planned, with plenty of storage space (antique chests and curtained hanging space), luxury linen on queensize beds, a generous supply of towels (including pool towels) and high pointy ceilings to gaze at. There is also a luxurious family bathroom with a shower over a deep square bath lined with mosaics.
The living room is light and spacious, furnished with a big comfy sofa, a cow-hide rug on a polished stone floors, and Italian glass and pottery set into niches or on neat shelves. There's a wood-burning stove for chilly winter evenings.
- In room treatments available
- Mosquito net
- Washing machine
The sleek indoor kitchen has cream-coloured cupboards and worktops arranged under the dome of a trullo roof, and is equipped with an American-style fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, dishwasher and washing machine. As well as a welcome pack of basics (milk, water and snacks), it’s stocked with oil and seasonings, and there are fresh fruits and herbs in the garden. With advance notice, you can book a convenient shopping service (particularly useful for late arrivals).
The outdoor kitchen is equally impressive, with a gas hob, barbecue and sink alongside a huge stone dining table, set on a shaded patio with enough room to seat 6 in comfort.
The owners have compiled a handy list of local restaurants, but those who’d rather stay put can hire the service of a chef who will whip up a 5-course Pugliese dinner while you sit on the terrace sampling the region’s excellent wines.
- Chef on request
- Coffee / tea making
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Shopping service
- Welcome hamper
- Relax and chill: with its pool terrace, loungers, cushion-clad outdoor sofas and dreamy views, this place is designed for doing a lot of nothing much
- Head for the coast: there are lovely, child-friendly Adriatic beaches within 10-20 mins' drive
- Wander the narrow streets of the region’s historic towns: the wine town of Locorotondo, the dazzling white-stone villages of Cisternino and Ostuni, or cliff-top Polignano a Mare
- Explore old-town Monopoli, with its churches, cobbled streets and pretty fishing harbour – a good place to buy fresh seafood straight from the boats for your barbecue
- Don’t miss Castellana Caves: one of Puglia's most celebrated attractions, it’s a natural wonder of subterranean grottos, caverns, fossils and extraordinary calcified rock formations
- Although it’s not quite in the same spirit, Fasano’s low-key Zoo Safari theme park is right on the doorstep
This gorgeous trullo house rental is made for families. The British owners have children themselves and have furnished the house accordingly. In drawers and cupboards, you will find a high chair, baby-bouncer, travel cot, toddler-friendly plastic dishes and cutlery, as well as DVDs, books, toys and inflatable toys for the pool. There is a washing machine and a drying rack in an outhouse.
Family friendly accommodation:
The twin room is ideal for kids of any age and has space for a baby cot, too; and there is room for grandparents, teenagers or extended family in the 2nd double bedroom.
Kids Activities on site:
- Kids DVDs
- Kids books / toys
Families Should Know:
The pool is unfenced.
- Airport: 45-60 mins' drive (Bari/Brindisi)
- Hospital: 5km
- Shop: 5km
Quattro Trulli Hideaway is 5km from the town of Fasano, in Puglia, Italy.
The nearest airports are Brindisi (65km) and Bari (75km). Click on the links below for a list of airlines.
From the Airport
You will need a car to get here and to reach shops and restaurants. See our car rental recommendations. There's free parking on-site.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
Read our guide to Getting to Italy and Getting around
- Brindisi 65.0 km BDS
- Bari 75.0 km BRI
- Beach 10.0 km
- Shops 5.0 km
- Restaurant 5.0 km