“Serene boutique resort set in secluded hillside gardens a short drive from the bright lights and beaches of San Antonio”
It’s mostly younger couples – on our visit a mix of French, Italian, and Dutch – occupying poolside daybeds, around which white muslin billows gently to the sound of rustling bamboo. Daily yoga classes invite guests to a higher level of wellbeing, together with the promise of alfresco spa and massage treatments. The hotel’s location, tucked away in the north-westerly hills of the island, gives a feeling of seclusion and remoteness. Its elevated position also means occasional distant sea views over Portmany Bay, where clubbing mecca of San Antonio also awaits if you do fancy dipping your toe in the ‘other’ Ibiza.
Information provided by Can Vistabella Boutique Resort on 20/04/2021.
Cleaning and hygiene
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures include increased use of disinfectants, linen and towels washed above 60ºC.
Social distancing practiced throughout. Space between Balinese beds in place around the swimming pool. Rooms have separate entrances.
Food and drink
Room service available, guests limited in restaurant. Outdoor terrace available
- Set in four acres of landscaped gardens teeming with plant life
- Outstanding restaurant on site serving Asian-Mediterranean fare
- The bungalows have kitchens if you feel like self-catering for a change
- We loved the swimming pool and deck, with its Bali beds and poolside bar
- Daily outdoor yoga sessions by qualified instructors
- The relatively remote location can be tricky to find
- There's very little within walking distance
- The restaurant is on the pricier side, especially for dinner
- No twin rooms
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 19 bedrooms
- Restaurant and bar (open daily)
- All ages welcome
- Closed: January
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
Most of the hotel’s accommodation takes the form of low-rise, bungalow-style rooms, decked out in breezy shabby-chic decor that combines plenty of knotty pine against rustic whitewashed walls and terracotta tiling. They all offer kitchenettes for preparing snacks and light meals, as well as small dining area, furnished terrace, and lounge with sofabed big enough for two.
There are also a few double rooms (without cooking facilities), some of them situated steps from the pool and the others in an Ibizan-style house.
We were treated to a stay in the Master Suite – an upper floor room and the only one with partial sea views. Beds are big and just the right side of firm, and bathrooms come with stone sinks, walk-in rainfall showers, and fancy Molton Brown products. Thoughtful touches such as blackout drapes and extra fluffy towels add comfort where it matters.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Safe box
With no eateries within walking distance, guests are largely reliant on the hotel’s Essència restaurant for sustenance. So, thankfully, food here is excellent. We’d arrived just in time for lunch and were soon swooning over some perfectly-steamed veggie Dim Sum and pulled pork bao bun by the pool. And the perfect spot for imbibing a cocktail - the first of which is free for i-escape guests.
Come evening, dinner is best enjoyed under the decked palapa with hanging basket lamps and twinkling fairy lights. The menu is a fusion of Asian and Mediterranean cuisine, with a nod to Balearic flavours. The crunchy octopus was divine and was accompanied by greens from their very own organic garden.
There’s an extensive breakfast menu, too, with options ranging from the virtuous (muesli-yogurt combo) to the not-so-virtuous (pancakes and maple syrup). Daily-changing smoothies also help set you up for a day lounging in the sun.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Room service
- Get energised and join in with a daily yoga or Pilates session on the yoga platform in the morning sunshine
- Flop on a beanbag and enjoy a weekly movie at the outdoor cinema – popcorn included
- Enjoy a lazy day reclined on a Bali bed, dipping in and out of the pool and sipping on a cava sangria from the poolside bar
- Head to San Antonio a short cab trip away and throw shapes in some of the liveliest clubs in Europe
- Swap the pool for the sea and pick from a handful of local beaches – we particularly loved the tranquillity and beach clubs at Cala Bassa (15 mins' drive)
- Hire bicycles or e-Bikes (they are delivered to your door) to explore this corner of the island
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
While it might not be the first choice for families with children, they are more than welcome and easily accommodated. The atmosphere around the pool is relaxed enough for the little ones (and their parents) to enjoy, and the restaurant offers a kids’ menu with the usual favourites. Bear in mind that you'll need to drive to beaches, and teenagers may wish they were closer to the action.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
The nine bungalows, each of which comfortably fit a family of two adults and two children, have the added convenience of cooking facilities (electric hob and fridge). You can also ask for one of the units away from resort centre for added privacy.
- Baby cots
- High chairs
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities nearby:
- Beach (6 minutes' drive; San Antonio) with shallow water
- Hiking and bike routes
- Boat trips from San Antonio harbour
- Fair type attractions in San Antonio
- Sightseeing in Ibiza town
Families Should Know:
The pool is unfenced, there are steps to navigate, and the terrain is rocky in places
- Airport: 25 minutes
- Hospital: 10 minutes
- Shop: 5 minutes
Can Vistabella is located on the hillside of the same name, about 3km inland from Portmany Bay, its beaches and lively nightlife. It's a 10-minute drive to the centre of San Antonio and 25 minutes from the capital, Eivissa.
Ibiza (15km) is the nearest airport.
From the Airport
The hotel can help arrange a transfer from the airport. There are always plenty of taxis at the airport, too; expect to pay from EUR 30. Alternatively, hiring a car is highly recommended and there’s free parking at the hotel.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Ibiza and getting around
- Ibiza 17.0 km IBZ
- Beach 2.9 km
- Shops 1.5 km
- Restaurant 2.0 km