“Superb all-suite beach resort, with huge pools, watersports, stellar spa and free kids club, on the shores of Pissouri Bay”
Fresh from a multi-million refurb in which it merged with its neighbour, this is a large resort by our boutique standards, but no less spoiling. You now get not one but two stunning swimming pools, including an 80-metre 'lagoon' which took our breath away (and which connects to the indoor pool in the excellent Hebe Spa). Myriad dining and drinking spaces, indoors and out, offer everything from seafood to Cypriot mezes and Italian trattoria. All 169 spacious suites have a balcony or terrace, and come in various styles from classic neutrals to bold colours. Below the original (West) side of the resort, lawns and loungers invite shady relaxation, while on the umbrella'd beach, a watersports centre offers sailing, SUP, kayaks, kite-surfing and more. Whether you're here to relax poolside, stirring only to stroll to yet another delicious meal, or to embrace the many sporting and spa-based activities on offer, you are in safe hands. We loved it.
Information provided by Columbia Beach Resort on 05/01/2021.
Cleaning and hygiene
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures throughout.
Kids club activities may vary due to Covid restrictions.
- Fabulous swimming pools, both with swim-up bars and attached toddler pools
- Truly amazing service: every single staff member we met was delightful
- Great facilities for families, including a creche, free kids club, movie- and games nights and watersports
- A wide choice of restaurants and bars, with delicious Cypriot-influenced food
- Everything has had an immaculate makeover and it shows; not uber-stylish or intimidating, but comfortable and top quality
- This is a bigger resort than we'd normally choose, but with so much space it never feels crowded
- Prices reflect the 5* service and facilities - especially in the top suites
- The beach has coarse greyish sand
- The outdoor pools are unheated (but wonderfully refreshing in the hot summer months); the spa pool is heated to 26ºC (& kids can use it until 1400)
- As you might expect from two conjoined hotels, the East and West sections can feel slightly disjointed
The BabyEase list has tons of baby and toddler gear for pre-order:
- baby walkers
- swim nappies
- flotation aids
- baby monitor
- Baby bathtub
- changing mat
- training seat
- bed guards
- pram with sunshade and baby gym
Some equipment may need to be requested in advance
On request, see Rates
Cub Life Creche has a dedicated Baby play zone and a Toddler play area plus mini-playground. Open to babies and toddlers aged 4 months to 3 years, 6 days a week, from April-October, for a morning, afternoon or all-day session (until 1800)
The Den Kids Club has an inventive programme of activities, which include mini-Olympics, pool games, pebble painting, talent shows, mad scientists, pizza-making, and scrapheap challenges. Open to 4-12 year olds, daily during Easter, summer and Christmas holidays only
There are kids' menus in all restaurants except Bacchus: expect the usual range of pasta, chicken, fish etc. Our kids found plenty to enjoy in the buffets
- 2 swimming pools, each with a toddler splash pool
- Tennis lessons
- Swimming lessons
- Cycling (kids' and adults' bikes available to rent)
- Garden games (boules, giant Jenga etc)
- Cooking demonstrations (seasonal)
- Archery (over 8s only)
- Weekly changing sports programme (basketball, ping pong, darts etc)
- Movie night on Tuesdays, a mini-disco on Thursdays and a games night on Saturdays
- Columbia Watersports Centre offers sailing, paragliding and waterskiing (for older kids), kayaking, banana boat rides, rubber ring rides, pedal boat hire
- Lessons are available for waterskiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing, kitesurfing, sailing, scuba diving
- Horse-riding at Avdimou (5km), boat trips from Paphos (30km), and plenty more beaches nearby
- Boutique hotel
- 6 restaurants and bars
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Creche / Kids Club
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Concierge Service
- Tennis Court
- Laundry service
- Mountain bikes for hire
The fusion of two neighbouring hotels in 2017 has given the resort an attractive village feel, with most suites in low-level buildings connected by verdant pathways, particularly around the lagoon-style West swimming pool. A higher building book-ends the newly revamped East side, giving views to both ends of Pissouri Bay. Set on a hill to the rear, top-of-the-pile Eagle's Nest Suites have spectacular panoramas across the resort and bay.
Generally, revamped Suites have brighter primaries against white walls, with some (mostly in the West section) in a more muted classic style. All have a balcony or terrace, ample storage, writing desk and seating area, and a cool bedside 'cigar-box' housing whole room lighting controls. Bathrooms, especially the newer ones, are sleek and contemporary in marble; all have a separate shower and bathtub.
Your choice of Suite will be determined by your preferred view - Garden, Pool, Side-Sea or Sea - and requirements - whether Junior, Executive, 1-Bed or 2-Bed. Wherever you lay your hat, be assured of comfort and space in spades.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
Of the two à la carte restaurants, Mediterranean-Asian Fusion Bacchus, beside the lagoon pool, is a romantic choice for evening meals, while Apollo, overlooking the lawns and sea at the other end of the pool, offers more traditional Cypriot dining.
There are also surprisingly good buffet options at Cape Aspro (open seasonally for all day dining); we tucked in with almost embarrassing enthusiasm (that carvery! those salads!). Pleasingly, dishes are laid out in smaller bowls rather than gargantuan heaps of food. It was utterly delightful dining, overlooking the beach as darkness fell. On some evenings, gather round the fire-pit centred BBQ for Street Eats - small plates and sharing platters cooked under the stars.
And there's no shortage of drinking holes either: a swim-up bar at Cape Aspro, Poseidon Pool Bar on the lagoon, Poseidon Beach Bar on the West lawn, and the Seven C's piano bar inside the East wing. Aficionados should head for Ouzeri for mezes and ouzo beside the Apollo Tavern, or the nautical-themed Eros for great cocktails on the terrace above the lagoon pool.
Breakfast is a fabulous buffet affair, either at Bacchus for those staying West-side, or at Cape Aspro for those East-side.
- Children's meals
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Vegetarian menu
- Be sure to try out both swimming pools: vast (West) or merely large (East); you can book swimming lessons, too
- The excellent Hebe Spa has endless Elemis-based treatments, plus yoga, gym, a salon, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms
- There's a dizzying array of watersports on offer, from kayaking and kite-surfing to SUP and sailing; tuition is available
- A professional cycling centre, BikeCyprus (open Feb-June & Sept-Dec), offers exhilarating mountain- and road bike tours, plus bike rental for all ages
- Tennis on the rooftop courts is popular outside midsummer, and there are squash courts in the spa
- You can horse ride from nearby Avdimou to the beach, play golf at four 18-hole courses on the island, or enjoy a cooking demo
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Cooking classes
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Language courses
- Mountain biking
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Stand-up paddle boarding
- Tennis coaching
- Water skiing
Best Time to go
Our Top Tips
Columbia Beach Resort is on the shores of Pissouri Bay, on the south coast of Cyprus (the Greek part of the island).
Paphos (15km) is the closest but Larnaca (100km) has a slightly wider range of flights.
From the Airport:
You can take a taxi, book a transfer (see Rates), or hire a car. If you are not intent on exploring the island, you could easily manage without a car.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Cyprus and getting around
- Paphos 30.0 km PFO
- Larnaca 100.0 km LCA
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 0.2 km
- Restaurant 0.2 km