“Stylish adults-only hotel on the Costa Brava with 10 sea-facing rooms, a lovely restaurant and private beach access”
Tucked away on a cliff-side and hidden behind a forest of pines, Cap Sa Sal feels alluringly secluded. Adding to its enigmatic appeal, a secret tunnel (accessed from the next door resort) leads to a swimming pool set into the rocks. There’s a smaller outdoor Jacuzzi pool too, as well as private beach access and pretty little inlets dotted nearby. The beautiful hilltop town of Begur, with its medieval castle and charming restaurants, is just a 5-minute drive. Perfect for a romantic escape by the sea, or a tranquil break from the kids.
- Unbeatable sea views from every room, plus 8 out of 10 rooms have ocean-facing terraces
- An excellent on-site restaurant serving fresh locally-sourced fish - be sure to book ahead as it's very popular
- Beautiful beaches (some of them rocky) are dotted around the region, plus guests have private beach access
- Access to next door’s pool set into the rocks, as well as an open-air Jacuzzi pool, though there's no bar there
- The charming hilltop town of Begur is a 5-minute drive away
- You’ll need a car to reach the best beaches, but they're only a few minutes’ drive from the hotel
- The entry level room is on the small side, so book one with a terrace - or splash out on the suite
- Families are excluded at this adults-only hotel, but the nearby apartments welcome children
- Terraces are separated by thin bamboo partitions, which means so-so sound-proofing
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant and bar open daily
- Adults only, no under 16s
- Closed: 4 Nov 2019 - 5 Nov 2019...
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
Perched on a craggy cliff and framed by a set of sloping pine trees, this sleek hotel houses 10 simple yet sophisticated rooms in three categories. Each combines a beach-chic vibe (pale pine floors and doors, wicker chairs, blue-and-white bed linens) with modern minimalism, resulting in stylish spaces you’ll want to spend time in. Look carefully and you’ll notice clever design details – light switches integrated into the bedside tables; bathroom doors that slide open to save space; open plan sea-facing basins. Some rooms also feature gorgeous refurbished furniture styled by the hotel’s designer duo, but nothing quite distracts from the real masterpiece: the stunning sea views from every floor-to-ceiling window. All rooms except the Deluxe Suite and the Double Room open up to small, sun-drenched terraces that are perfect for whiling away the morning with a book and a frothy cappuccino.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Mosquito net
- Safe box
Next door to the hotel is Cap Sa Sal's glass-encased restaurant overlooking the sea. Strictly speaking, it’s a separate operation from the hotel (so you can’t charge meals to your room), but a continental breakfast is included in the room rate. Cured hams and Catalonian cheeses are the highlight of the buffet spread, while lunch and dinner feature a choice of fresh, locally-caught seafood. The menu changes regularly, but you can expect the likes of tuna tataki, grilled catch of the day or octopus with kimchi.
Meat eaters will enjoy Mediterranean-influenced dishes such as steak tartar, duck magret cannelloni and beef tail croquettes. As lovely as the blue-and-white interior is (featuring distressed woods and patterned tiled floors), we recommend booking a table on the terrace so you can enjoy cinematic sea views during the day, while romantic night lights make for atmospheric evening meals. Close by, both Begur and Sa Tuna also offer a choice of quality restaurants.
- Coffee / tea making
- Room service
- Swim in perfect blue waters at Cap Sa Sal's private beach or Cala D’Aiguafreda nearby; or visit Platja Sa Tuna, the next beach up (20 mins' walk)
- Explore Costa Brava's idyllic landscapes by electric bike (hire them at the hotel reception). A choice of routes will take you through paddy fields, charming seaside villages or along the foothills of the Pyrenees
- Try Empordá (DO) wines on a tasting tour at Celler Can Sais or Cellar Mas Oller, both set in picturesque countryside
- Take a boat excursion around Costa Brava's hidden coves, which are perfect for swimming and snorkelling
- Enjoy a bird’s eye view of Cap Sa Sal’s stunning surroundings on a hot-air balloon jaunt (ask at reception for details)
- The hotel can also arrange horse riding trips along beaches, through woodlands or up into the mountains
- Sample artisan cider at Mooma, a local cider house offering a tasting and breakfast package!
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Hot air ballooning
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
- Wine tasting
Hotel Cap Sa Sal is on the coast near Begur, a small town on the Costa Brava in Catalonia, Spain.
The nearest airport is Girona (a 1-hour drive); Barcelona airport is also within striking distance (1 hour 45 minutes).
From the Airport
It is an easy drive from both airports. The hotel can arrange a transfer from Girona, but most guests hire a car.
You can reach the hotel by public transport. There is a bus station in Begur (service run by Sarfa), from where you can get a taxi to the hotel. The closest train station is Girona. Visit Renfe for detailed timetables; it takes just over an hour by train to reach Girona from Barcelona, and from here you can take a taxi.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Catalonia and getting around
- Girona 62.0 km GRO
- Barcelona 148.0 km BCN
- Beach 0.2 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km