“A dozen stylish self-catering apartments and villas high in the lush ‘garden of Tenerife’ hills, providing peace and incredible ocean views”
The German owners are a husband-and-wife constructor and interior designer team, their professions evident in the small touches that differentiate each individually styled studio, apartment or villa. Failing to sell 3 neighbouring properties inspired the creation of Jardin de la Paz, a huge gain for Tenerife’s hospitality industry. Only Hotel San Roque further along the coast matches the high quality service and furnishings in the island’s independent hotel scene.
- Head-spinning ocean vistas; most apartments and villas have picture windows with unobstructed views of the briny below
- Lush terraced sub-tropical gardens; bursting with colour plus plenty of secluded corners shaded with palm leaves
- Peacefulness aplenty; just you, birdsong and the occasional rustle of a page turning
- 2 heated pools and a choice of temperature - refreshing or lukewarm
- Friendly, helpful staff
- Excellent restaurant within walking distance; Casa Juan has exemplary service and enough variety to make daily visits viable
- Lots of steps; a definite no-go for those with limited mobility
- It's a long way down a steep hill for a swim in the sea - and a heart-pumping climb back!
- Predominantly geared towards Germans; limited English-language TV channels and library books
- No restaurant on-site, although there are 2 within walking distance and breakfast is available in the Vista Paraíso gazebo
- Remote; a car is vital to explore the surrounding area
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apartments
- Self-catering (breakfast available)
- All ages welcome.
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
Three separate buildings house the various apartments and villas, and all offer a good deal of privacy along with expansive panoramas of the gardens and ocean.
Both of the Studios - ground-floor Casa Bruno and first-floor Casa Victoria - are a spacious combination of living/dining area, bedroom and kitchenette. The spectacular Casa Bruno has an expansive open-plan layout, which is further enhanced by ocean-facing glass walls and a terrace overlooking one of the pools. Casa Victoria also has a balcony and the added luxury of a secluded garden.
There are 4 1-Bedroom Apartments: all feature a kitchen or kitchenette, a living room and bathroom with a shower and/or bathtub. Though Casa Teotima and Casa Domingo are slightly smaller (and cheaper) than Casa Frederico and (the particularly romantic) Casa San Marco which has a private outdoor Jacuzzi pavilion.
Of the 2-Bedroom Apartments, the ground floor Casa Francisko has the edge over the upper-level Casa Santiago by way of a lawned garden. However, the latter has by far the better views. This category also has the benefit of larger kitchens with extra amenities like a dishwasher and 2 bathrooms.
Each Semi-Detached Villa has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Casa Alberto is the preferred choice for families with small children due to its seclusion and its large, self-contained garden. Or you could push the boat out with Villa Gabriela; a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom villa with a marble staircase, extravagant furnishings, a huge open-plan dining and living room, and a well-equipped kitchen. It can also be extended into 3 bedrooms by utilising the Casa Antonia Studio below.
You may find some of the décor can be quite pastel and peach - slightly dated with a lot of white wicker furniture. If you prefer something more modern opt for the Suite (Casa Buenavista); a newer addition with an open-plan layout, a whirlpool bathtub and a dramatic light-well.
All have individual layouts and colour schemes, but similar cane furniture, contemporary decorations and white marble tiled floors. Beds are twin singles that can convert into kingsize doubles. A flatscreen satellite TV and a CD player are provided, as are hairdryers and bathrobes; WiFi is available throughout.
- Cd player
- Central heating
- Coffee tea making
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Full kitchen
- Safe box
- Satellite tv
All of the apartments and villas feature a kitchen or kitchenette, plus dining table and chairs. Tea- and coffee-making facilities, a fridge, and a grill and oven are also provided. The nearest supermarket involves a 5-minute drive to the village of La Matanza.
Breakfast (8.30am until 10.30am) is the only communal dining option available.Cereals, cold meats, cheese, fresh bread and German specialities are available buffet-style. Hot options can be ordered from the kitchen. It's served in the stylish Vista Paraíso gazebo and terrace, which is set within the garden. Here you're surrounded by orange and lemon trees, as well as those panoramic sea views.
The nearest restaurant is the Bavarian Casa Fran, though the menu is limited. I opted for Casa Juan, a few paces further on where the choice is much more varied and includes seafood, grilled meats and daily specials. We recommend the half roast duck followed by apple strudel with cinnamon ice cream.
Several good restaurants are within a short drive, including La Sabina (creative Canarian cuisine), San Nicolas (fresh fish) and La Cuadra de San Diego (tapas).
- Coffee tea making
- Full kitchen
- In house cook
- Restaurants nearby
- Do a whole load of nothing, except catching up on neglected novels
- Top up the tan while snoozing around either of the 2 pools
- Book a massage, beauty treatment or hair styling session in the on-site wellness room
- Take a guided tour of the area with a local driver
- Explore the lush slopes with a local walking guide
- Spend a day strolling round the resort town of Puerto de la Cruz
- Book a round of golf at the nearby Golf Real course
- Saddle up at a local horse-riding school
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Plantlife / flora
- Private guided tours
Children stay for free up to 5 years of age. Extra beds can be provided, children 6 and older incurring a charge.
Children are accepted if not actively encouraged. Cots, changing mats and babysitting can be provided on request. Older teens will probably find the serenity, isolation and lack of activities too tedious.
Family friendly accommodation:
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available
Baby cots available on request
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking