A dozen stylish self-catering apartments and villas high in the lush ‘garden of Tenerife’ hills, providing peace and incredible ocean views”
The German owners are a husband-and-wife constructor and interior designer team. After failing to sell 3 neighbouring properties, they were inspired to create Jardin de la Paz: a huge gain for the island's hospitality industry. Very few hotels in Tenerife's vast array of options match the level of bespoke service and high quality design found here. A truly indulgent stay.
- Most apartments and villas have picture windows with unobstructed, head-spinning views of the ocean below
- We loved the lush, terraced sub-tropical gardens, bursting with colour and secluded corners of palm shade and birdsong
- 2 heated pools and a choice of temperature - refreshing or lukewarm
- The freshly squeezed juices - made from fruit grown in the garden - are a treat for breakfast
- Excellent restaurants nearby: Tito's Bodeguita serves delicious tapas and typical Canarian dishes
- Lots of steps; a definite no-go for those with limited mobility
- It's a long way down a steep hill for a swim in the sea - and a heart-pumping climb back!
- Predominantly geared towards Germans; don't expect English TV channels or novels
- No restaurant on site and only 1 within walking distance, but fantastic breakfasts in the gazebo
- Remote; a car is vital to explore the surrounding area
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apartments
- 12 bedrooms
- Self-catering (breakfast available)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Heated Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Laundry Service
Three separate buildings house the various apartments and villas, and all offer a good deal of privacy along with expansive panoramas of the gardens and ocean.
Both of the Luxury Studios are a spacious combination of living/dining area, bedroom and kitchenette. Spectacular Casa Bruno has an expansive open-plan layout, which is further enhanced by ocean-facing glass walls and a terrace overlooking one of the pools. Casa Victoria also has a balcony and the added luxury of a secluded garden.
There are 4 1-bedroom Junior and Design Suites: all feature a kitchen or kitchenette, a living room and bathroom with a shower and/or bathtub. Casa Teotima and Casa Domingo are slightly smaller (and cheaper) than Casa Frederico and (the particularly romantic) Casa San Marco, which has a private outdoor Jacuzzi pavilion.
Of the 2-bedroom Premium Suites, Casa de las Palmeras has the edge over the upper-level Casa Santiago by way of a lawned garden. However, the latter has by far the better views. This category also has the benefit of larger kitchens with extra amenities like a dishwasher and 2 bathrooms.
Each Villa has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Casa Alberto is the preferred choice for families with small children due to its seclusion and its large, self-contained garden. Or you could push the boat out with Grand Villa Gabriela; a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom villa with a marble staircase, extravagant furnishings, a huge open-plan dining and living room, and a well-equipped kitchen. It can also be extended into 3 bedrooms by utilising the Casa Antonia Studio below.
You may find some of the décor can be quite pastel and peach - slightly dated with a lot of white wicker furniture. If you prefer something more modern opt for the Suite (Casa Buenavista); a newer addition with an open-plan layout, a whirlpool bathtub and a dramatic light-well.
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
All of the apartments and villas feature a kitchen or kitchenette, plus a dining table and chairs. Tea- and coffee-making facilities and fridges are also provided. The nearest supermarket involves a 5-minute drive to the village of La Matanza.
For breakfast (8.30am until 10.30am), there's freshly squeezed orange juice from trees in the garden, cheeseboards, walnut, fig and goats cheese canapés and a vast array of cold meats, fresh fruit and breads, plus eggs cooked to order. It's served in the stylish Vista Paraíso gazebo and terrace, which is set within the garden. Here you're surrounded by orange and lemon trees, as well as those panoramic sea views.
For other meals, Casa Juan is within walking distance of the hotel, and offers a varied menu including seafood, grilled meats and daily specials. Several good restaurants are within a short drive, including La Sabina (creative Canarian cuisine), San Nicolas (fresh fish) and La Cuadra de San Diego (tapas served at lunchtime only). We loved Tito's Bodeguita, serving tasty tapas and traditional Canarian dishes in a pretty courtyard flanked by palm trees. Late lunch consisted of octopus salad, vegan moussaka and fresh grouper. Delicious.
- Coffee / tea making
- Full kitchen
- In house cook
- Restaurants nearby
- Do a whole load of nothing, except catching up on neglected novels
- Top up the tan while snoozing around either of the 2 pools
- Book a massage, beauty treatment or hair styling session in the on-site wellness room
- Take a guided tour of the area with a local driver
- Explore the lush slopes with a local walking guide
- Spend a day strolling round the resort town of Puerto de la Cruz
- Book a round of golf at the nearby Golf Real course
- Saddle up at a local horse-riding school
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Horse riding
- Plantlife / flora
- Private guided tours
Children are accepted, though not actively encouraged. Younger children might struggle with the steep stairs and lack of in-room activities; older teens will probably find the serenity, isolation and lack of activities too tedious. Children up to 5 years of age stay for free, children 6 and older incur a charge. Extra beds can be provided, as well as cots, changing mats and babysitting on request.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available
Baby cots available on request
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Families Should Know:
Cliff top location, many steep steps, hard marble flooring in each suite and there's a lack of in-room or outdoor activities for children.
Jardin de la Paz is 12km east of Puerto de la Cruz on Tenerife’s northern coast, close to the village of La Matanza.
Tenerife North is 15km away, and Tenerife South is 80km away.
From the Airport
See Rates for an idea of taxi prices - book through the hotel in advance for the best rate. However, we'd definitely recommend hiring a car as you're sure to want one during your visit.
The nearest restaurant may be only a 5-minute walk downhill, but it’s a steep uphill on the way back! Hiring a car is highly recommended for any exploration beyond the walled gardens - see our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
- Tenerife North (Los Rodeos) 15.0 km TFN
- Tenerife South (Reina Sofia) 80.0 km TFS
- Beach 10.0 km
- Shops 2.0 km
- Restaurant 0.5 km