Owner and interior designer Cristina has a perfectionist’s eye for detail, and matches a flair for colour and textiles with respect for the building's urban surrounds. The effect is privacy and space, in 34 calmly decorated bedrooms which are minimalist, airy and light. It’s hard to believe that you're right in the beating heart of Palermo's fine restaurants, chic shops and buzzing bars.
- You'll find tranquility and calm in the midst of Buenos Aires' most exciting area – Palermo Soho is in the midst of the action for shopping and eating
- This is grown-up, understated cool yet it doesn't feel pretentious, nor is the atmopshere stiff
- Rooms have very comfortable beds and lovely linen
- Extremely good value for money
- Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, plus speak excellent English
- This is a brand new building, so we were half expecting some snagging issues when we visited, but our stay went flawlessly
- The main doors are locked between 10pm and 7am, so night owls need to buzz for entry and wait for staff to let you in
- The closest underground (Subte) station is a 25-minute walk, but taxis are readily available
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 34 rooms
- Restaurant open daily; restaurants nearby
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car not necessary
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
There are 34 rooms, of which the Standard Rooms are the smallest, and all have ensuite bathrooms. The Deluxe Rooms and Superior rooms (where we stayed on our visit) have more space, as you’d expect, but all are flooded with light and feel airy. Sleek lines and shelves create storage space and desk areas. It's minimal chic, but Krista avoids feeling cold thanks to natural materials and gentle injections of colour. After all, a quiet atmosphere is exactly what you need for a comfortable night’s rest.
The beds are huge, firm and incredibly comfortable, with crisp white sheets and soft duvets. Wood detail adorns the walls, and the neutral palette of blossom pink, black and white allows each room to breathe. All rooms have bathtubs with showers with thoughtful toiletries provided: soaps, shampoo, conditioner and a shower cap.
Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have a balcony; three Deluxe Rooms and the Suite have a balcony and terrace. All have lovely large windows to soak up urban street views or garden vistas. Quadruple Rooms can be created by connecting a Standard and Superior Room - a handy alternative for larger families or groups of friends.
- In room treatments available
- Safe box
The brunch/lunch lounge Stories Deli (open daily from noon-7.30pm) serves salads, snacks, tarts, wraps, veggies, patisserie, cakes, scones, coffee and drinks.
Breakfast is complimentary, served between 7:30am and 11am in buffet form (think juice, fruit, pastries, toast) and there are a choice of scrambled eggs, ham and cheese toast or yoghurt and fruit as a main dish; celiacs are catered for too.
You can order room service too (only noon-7.30pm), if you fancy a snack, a sandwich or a drink. You only need step outside the building to find some lovely restaurants to choose from, and staff will readily come up with suggestions for dining. There are two steakhouses less than 1km from Krista: La Cabrera has been listed as one of the world's best steak restaurants by The Telegraph. Diners can choose from more than 24 cuts of grass-fed beef.
Lobo Café two blocks away offers fantastic brunches and sweet treats, and is a great stop off before or after a day exploring the city. Nearby Plaza Cortázar (or Plaza Serrano as it’s known to locals) is a hive of little eateries with a wealth of choice, including vegetarian options.
Back at the hotel, a welcome soft drink and daily sunset cocktail are also included and provide the ideal moment to reflect on your day's wanderings around the city.
- Family friendly
- Lunch by arrangement
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Relax in the spa with a glass of wine, ask reception to book you a massage (they even offer jet lag massages), head to a sauna (there are two) or take a dip in the unheated outdoor pool
- Palermo is shopping heaven, divided into Palermo Hollywood on the western side of Avenida Juan B Justo, and Palermo Soho (where Krista is) on the eastern side. Three more commercial shopping malls also divide Palermo and Recoleta. The majority of the chic shops and restaurants lie in Palermo Soho, in the four blocks between the plazas of Cortázar and Palermo
- The Palermo parks, where Porteños go to relax, are a short walk or taxi ride away. The gorgeous Parque Tres de Febrero has rose gardens, boating lakes, Japanese gardens, a zoo and a planetarium
- It’s also worth visiting the beautiful silver Floralis sculpture in Recoleta
- The Bosques of Palermo (a forest) is a great place to escape the heat during the summer
- Visit the MALBA gallery (Avenida Figueroa Alcorta 3415) to see its fantastic collection of contemporary Latin American art, including works by Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera
- Lose your inhibitions and try a tango class at Dandi; phone ahead for lesson times
- A real tango show is a must - try La Viruta or Salón Cunning which is one of the oldest milongas in the city. Both include food in the ticket price
- While away a few hours browsing San Telmo's antique markets on Sundays in Calle Defensa and Plaza Dorrego
- Take a boat trip up the river to see Buenos Aires by night
- Play tennis at the nearby La Magdalena club
- If you want to go horse riding or learn to play polo, the hotel can arrange a visit to an estancia outside the city
- Staff can also advise about Spanish language classes
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Language courses
- Museums / galleries
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
Children are welcome and babysitting services, extra beds and cots are all available. There is no special menu for children but Krista is happy to accommodate them.
Babies (0-1 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
Standard Rooms can also be connected to a Superior Room to create a Quadruple Room for larger families and those with older children.
Babysitting is available by arrangement at an additional cost.
Baby cots are available on request.
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Krista Hotel is located in the Palermo Soho neighbourhood of the City of Buenos Aires, four blocks from Plaza Cortázar and nine blocks from Plaza Italia.
Ezeiza International (30km away) and the domestic airport Jorge Newbery (10km away, known locally as Aeroparque) are the closest airports. For a list of airlines serving these airports please click on the links below.
From the Airport
The hotel can arrange private transfers from either airport (please enquire at the time of booking). Alternatively you can take a remise (radio taxi), booked at the desk inside the arrivals halls.
If you're travelling within Argentina, you can book a long-distance bus to Buenos Aires' Retiro bus station (not as uncomfortable as it sounds as long as you book the cama and cama completa services, which recline to 160 and 180 degrees respectively), then take a taxi.
Most visitors prefer not to hire a car, but if you want one for exploring the wider region, see our car rental recommendations.
Take a radio taxi (never one on the street). Palermo isn't well-served by the Subte (metro), but the three stations along Santa Fe street - Scalabrini Ortiz, Plaza Italia and Palermo - are within a 15-minute walk. All are on line D, which goes straight into the city centre. You will need to buy a SUBTE card from the station and top it up, however, it also works on all buses and can be used anywhere in the Buenos Aires province (which stretches as far south as Bahía Blanca). The nearest Subte station to Krista is Malabia line B, nine blocks to the city centre.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
More on getting to Argentina and getting around
- Buenos Aires Ezeiza International 30.0 km EZE
- Buenos Aires Jorge Newbery (Aeroparque) 10.0 km AEP
- Beach 400.0 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.5 km