A brand-new boutique retreat, moments from a lovely lake beach, with 5 chic rooms and a gourmet restaurant with panoramic views of Maggiore”
Set in the pretty hamlet of Cerro, La Dama del Porto’s five rooms are clean and minimalist affairs - think calming plaster-hued walls and rich wood tones. Lake and mountain views from balconies take your breath away. Dine on (reportedly divine) fresh, local Italian fare in the hotel restaurant, all whipped up by the talented, Michelin-experienced Davide. Gaze across the water at the Alps through floor-to-ceiling windows as you sip a chilled glass of something local.
You’re well positioned here. Cerro beach, one of the area's finest, is a two-minute stroll away and a dream for swimming in. Nearby Laveno-Mombello village is where to access magical boat trips if the mood takes you. And there’s strong hiking potential from your doorstep. We can't wait to visit.
- Simple yet elegant rooms, all with private balconies and two with to-die-for lake views
- A top-notch location - only an hour from the airport and just steps away from a beautiful lake beach
- The hotel restaurant is highly praised for its delicious food and phenomenal lakeside setting
- We've heard excellent reports about the service from the lovely hotel staff
- Rooms are good value considering the high quality across the board
- There isn’t a pool, but a dreamy lake is moments away
- Strong eco-credentials mean there's no air-con, but all rooms have electric fans
- Rooms don’t have TVs or fridges (to save on energy)
- There are no baths, just walk-in showers
- No hotel parking - you'll need to use a public car park 200 metres away
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 5 rooms
- Children aged 6+ welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
There are five architect-designed, minimalistic rooms to choose from. Polished wood floors and calming muted tones fill each space. Each room comes with a balcony, plus bespoke, beautifully crafted furniture and tactile fabrics. All bathrooms have shiny walk-in showers and toiletries.
If a lake view is essential, opt for the Corten double or the Ceramica junior suite. The jaw-dropping views of the water from both are worth the extra cost. Other rooms offer lovely views of Cerro park and the historic centre.
Thanks to the hotel’s impressive eco-credentials, there is no TV or air-con, but there are electric fans as well as free WiFi, so if watching Netflix is a must, don’t forget to pack a tablet.
La Dama del Porto’s story began as a top-rated restaurant. Chef and co-owner Davide worked at Michelin-level before opening his own place, so you know you're in for something outstanding here.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are on offer each day. Dining takes place in a gorgeous, glass-fronted restaurant with wonderful lake views, and there's a suntrap terrace for eating alfresco. The restaurant is open to the public, but you get a 10% discount on food if you're staying here (and breakfast is included in the rate).
Expect dishes inspired by local traditions, created using fresh and tasty seasonal ingredients. For dinner, think fish ramen with passatelli, seaweed and vegetables; or seared scallops served in their shells with cream of Jerusalem artichokes. Choose from a taster menu or go a la carte, and wash it all down with a glass of something from the impressive wine list.
For a change of scene, there’s a reportedly decent pizzeria around the corner as well as an ice cream shop. Or drive for 8 minutes to Laveno-Mombello village where there are restaurants aplenty.
- Restaurants nearby
- Cerro beach, one of Lake Maggiore’s most beautiful stretches of sand, is a two-minute stroll away. The water is clear and the mountain views are out of this world
- Head to Laveno-Mombello (8 mins) and adventure to the top of Monte Sasso del Ferro via cable car. Open-topped, two-person versions are available for those who dare. Hiking is also an option. Either way, jaw-dropping views of the Alps and the Lombard lakes await at the top
- Board a boat from Laveno-Mombello to Isola Bella, one of three picturesque islands on Lake Maggiore. Discover the stunning, ten-tiered botanical gardens and history-rich Palazzo Borromeo
- The Museum of Ceramic Design stands an enticing two-minute walk away from the hotel. Expect an extensive range of ceramics dating back to the mid-19th century, all housed in a striking 16th-century palazzo
- Fashion appreciators rejoice! Milan is just an hour away. Shop, dine, explore, then retreat back to lake life for a glass of something cold
Children aged 6+ are very welcome. It's worth noting that there aren't any facilities or activities put on specifically for children. That said, there is a kids' menu in the restaurant.
Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
A family of 3 can choose from two rooms; Ceramica and Quercia. Both come with an extra daybed that converts to a single bed for a third guest. For maximum wow, we suggest opting for Ceramica for its spectacular lake view. Note that there isn’t a bath in any of the rooms, only a (fabulous) walk-in shower.
La Dama del Porto perches on the edge of spectacular Lake Maggiore, in the pretty village of Cerro. It's about 80km north-west of Milan.
You could fly into any of Milan's three airports. Malpensa (40km/50 mins) is the closest, but Linate (95km/1hr 20mins) and Bergamo (120km/1hr 40 mins) are also options.
From the Airport:
It’s possible to get a taxi from Milan Malpensa Airport, but we'd recommend you hire a car so you can explore the region. There is public parking 200 metres from La Dama del Porto, and extra parking spaces are available along the beach.
The nearest railway station is Laveno-Mombello, which has frequent trains from Milan (1hr30). You can take a public bus or taxi from here to the hotel (4km/6 mins).
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Milan Malpensa 40.0 km MXP
- Beach 0.4 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km