“A great value, brilliantly run, family-friendly resort in lush greenery, just 10 minutes' walk from the Unesco World Heritage centre of Hoi An”
The buzzy street stalls, clothes shops and temples of Hoi An are a short free shuttle ride away, as are the long sands of An Bang beach. Back at the hotel, massage treatments are a must, in pretty spa villas enfolded in palm trees. It's fantastically good value, and the food is terrific: from pancakes to pho to pasta, meals are covered by a pair of top-notch restaurants open from sunrise till late. We can’t wait for our own Siesta here.
- Superlative service - we hear only raves about the friendly and attentive staff
- Bikes to borrow - they’re red Japanese postman-style bikes and a hoot to ride
- Welcoming to families with a freshwater pool, big gardens and a pool table
- Bluetooth sound bars, espresso machines, bathrobes/slippers in the lovely rooms, plus free minibars in the suites
- The hotel borders a 15thC Confucian temple, shared with villagers for lantern festivals; unmissable
- With 107 rooms, this is much bigger than an average i-escape hotel, but it feels intimate and welcoming
- Bear in mind you're not in the centre of Hoi An, but 2km outside (borrow a bike, or use their free shuttle)
- Some bathroom doors aren’t conducive to total privacy
- The adult pool is saltwater
Best time to go
The Hoi An Lantern Festival, on the 14th evening of every lunar month (just google it to see dates), sees the city lights switched off and the streets lit up with colourful lanterns and occasional live music. But if you miss it, don't worry: lanterns are lit every evening.”
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurants and bar open daily
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
- Pool table
There are 2 wings at La Siesta, both 3-storey buildings aligned around their own pool. The terraced townhouses of the East Wing face a turquoise saltwater pool (for adults only) - its rooms evoke the elegance of colonial Vietnam with dark teak furniture, green velvet trimmings and vintage patterned floor tiles. West Wing rooms are more modern-Asian style: blond-wood furniture, green plants and cream walls overlooking a smaller freshwater pool for families.
Star rooms in the East Wing are the split-level Duplex Suite Balconies, which have clawfoot bathtubs and spacious balconies. Pamper-loving couples will enjoy the deep wooden bathtubs and Swedish saunas in the ground-level Veranda Suites, or the swish terraced Premium Suites with sun-loungers and hot tubs.
A number of rooms in the West Wing are good for families as they have 2 double beds or can be connected - some have balconies, some windows, and all have views over green paddy fields. Popular with long-stay guests are the Essence Suites, which have a soft-seating area, separated by a traditional wood-cut screen.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
The buffet breakfast is an abundant West-East combo - Continental cheeses and cold cuts with banh mi (baguettes) laid out on long tables alongside congee (rice porridge) and banh cuon (steamed rolls). For those who like a lighter start to the day, dishes like omelettes can be ordered individually.
The modern Vietnamese cuisine in the West Wing’s casual Red Bean restaurant is ideal for lunch. Along with dozens of delicious noodle dishes, including the country’s famous pho, are sizzling savoury pancakes and chef’s specialities like ca kho to (braised fish in a clay pot). Seating is an even indoor/outdoor mix and the adjoining Feliz Bar serves cocktails.
For dinner, the smaller, more upscale Temple restaurant (with piano lounge) in the East Wing offers Asian-French twists like ‘Vietnam Beach Bouillabaisse’, along with risotto and pasta. For fussy kids who may not appreciate fusion cuisine, burgers and fries are available from an all-day snack menu.
- Children's meals
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Walk, cycle or shuttle into Hoi An, a captivating Unesco-listed town, with beautiful Vietnamese merchant houses, French colonial mansions, Chinese medieval temples, bars and cafés, art galleries and night markets
- Clothes tailoring is both brilliant and extraordinarily good value in these parts - bring magazine tear-outs and ask them to make you a replica copy of favourite items
- Back at the hotel, relax and rejuvenate - Swedish massages, Vietnamese herbal wraps and Himalayan hot-stone treatments are on offer at the spa; gym bunnies can head to the Fitness Suite
- Take a craft workshop - lantern making, bamboo root sculpture and pottery classes are taught by village artisans; the Red Bean restaurant hosts a cooking day with a local market visit
- Hit the beach - there's a frequent free shuttle service to An Bang Beach Resort, where La Siesta guests have a reserved area with loungers and umbrellas (get towels from reception before going)
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Cooking classes
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Traditional cultures
- Well being
Families are welcome and this is an easy place for them to stay, with a freshwater family swimming pool (separate from the adult saltwater pool) and gardens to relax in. Kids will love the charm of Hoi An, and riding the free bikes around.
Family friendly accommodation:
The Deluxe Window and Deluxe Balcony rooms can fit 1 baby cot or rollaway bed and some of these rooms interconnect. Essence Suites can also fit a baby cot or rollaway bed. Family Rooms have 2 double beds. Duplex Suite Balconies are split-level rooms with a kingsize bed and bathroom downstairs and a living area upstairs, which can convert into a kingsize or twin bedroom for kids.
One child aged 0-4 stays for free in a baby cot or in parents' bed. Extra beds can be provided for 5+ year olds for a small charge.
- Baby cots
- Night lights
- High chairs
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Both restaurants are family friendly and there's an all-day snack menu offering European fare
Kids Activities on site:
- Freshwater pool
- Pool table
- Bikes to borrow
Kids Activities nearby:
- Hoi An
- The beach
Families Should Know:
The pools are not gated.
- Airport: 35km (Danang)
- Hospital: 2km
- Shop: 1km